ReefCleaners.org

Kimber's Pretty Pico - New super short video

kimberbee

On 11/5/2017 at 7:50 AM, spectra said:

Any fish plans or just coral and snails ?

No ideas!! I guess I'll figure it out when my light arrives! 

Thanks everyone for your kind words!! 

Awesome tank!!! I'm using the same bowl as you for the contest. I still haven't set mine up yet.... You might have answered this already but did you end up sealing the wood? I tried to stain mine but the stain wouldn't seep into the wood at all. 

2 hours ago, spec33 said:

Awesome tank!!! I'm using the same bowl as you for the contest. I still haven't set mine up yet.... You might have answered this already but did you end up sealing the wood? I tried to stain mine but the stain wouldn't seep into the wood at all. 

Yes, she polyurethaned it.  There must be some kind of finish on it (if it doesn't take a stain).  You could try sanding it down to bare wood, and then staining and sealing it with polyurethane.  However, they also make colored polyurethane, which is what I'd probably try.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Felicia said:

Hi!  Just a reminder to please pm me your November full tank shot (FTS) along with the link to your build thread by the end of the day on November 30th.

Will do!! Thanks for the reminder and thanks for all the work you're doing keeping this organized!! :flower:

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Will do!! Thanks for the reminder and thanks for all the work you're doing keeping this organized!! :flower:

Thank you, Kimber!  I'm doing my best.  Keeping track of 51 entries isn't easy!  I'm just so thrilled that the contest is such a success and we have so many entries.  Hopefully the FTS thread should really help in being able to keep up with so many different builds.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, seabass said:

:lol: After 5 minutes of struggling, and I have to go, my cat is eating the box.

Love the videos!

That's my life... I end up re-shooting a lot cause of the dogs barking too!!

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2017 at 3:32 PM, Sancho said:

Seriously no Elsa or Barbie? :tears:

I know... bad Kimber... 

I hope to have one soon. I'm having fun making videos, but there's so many other ideas I've had!! 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another nice video!  I love the little gorgonian.  I'd like to see this become a Caribbean pico.  Maybe a RFA as the centerpiece, a couple of Florida ricordia, and a couple of pieces of macroalgae.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...