kimberbee

Kimber's Pretty Pico - First month video update

The flow looks good to me also.  You have more flow than mine.

35 minutes ago, spectra said:

I think the sand will tell you about flow. If it goes everywhere then to much..........hopefully the sand stays put.......are you going with bigger sand or smaller stuff? 

Duh. Good point. I need to get sand in there first don't I? 

I'm doing a water change in my other tanks tomorrow, so I'll probably put left over water in the pico. I'll also work on getting some sand - making sure it's of the heavier variety. :happy:

• Like 4

23 hours ago, kimberbee said:

What do you think of the flow? Too much? Not enough? (turn volume down and hit play!)

Disclaimer:  I don't plan to participate in the contest.  

I thought only airlines were allowed for water movement?  It looks like you're using a wave maker. Please don't get in trouble with the contest refs. 

Your tanks are always so awesome. I can't wait to see what you come up with. 

PS Please don't think i'm a jerk.  I just didn't want you to get DQ'd. 

On 10/2/2017 at 12:08 PM, Felicia said:
  • 1 Air Pump with accessories (airline, valves, air stones, etc.) and/or 1 Powerhead Pump for flow.

1 hour ago, TatorTaco said:

I thought only airlines were allowed for water movement?

I definitely, and truly, appreciate you looking out for me, but per the rules above I should be ok!! :happy:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

I definitely, and truly, appreciate you looking out for me, but per the rules above I should be ok!! :happy:

This is definitely true, 1 powerhead pumps are allowed. 

• Like 1

Won't that pump put in a fair amount of heat? or maybe not? 

1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

Won't that pump put in a fair amount of heat? or maybe not? 

I'm kind of hoping it does. Then I don't need a heater :happy:

• Like 3

Good morning and happy weekend!!

• Like 1

So far you seem to be in the lead for documentation.

• Haha 1

I may have missed it, but how much flow does that pump give? (In g/h?) I'm trying to find out all I can about picos :happy:

10 hours ago, Lisa166 said:

I may have missed it, but how much flow does that pump give? (In g/h?) I'm trying to find out all I can about picos :happy:

Hydor Koralia Nano 240 Aquarium Circulation Pump, 240 GPH https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036S4YZ0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_1Zx2zbPWGWE6Y

This is the one I have. But I didn't get a chance to add sand/rock/saltwater so I'm not 100% sure if it will still work out or not.

• Like 1

Cmon get with it...........not like your working :lol: we need some progress pics ;) 

On 10/7/2017 at 8:43 AM, kimberbee said:

Good morning and happy weekend!!

I spy a hedgie on your desk! :wub:

• Like 1

On 10/6/2017 at 4:31 PM, kimberbee said:

I'm kind of hoping it does. Then I don't need a heater :happy:

That's how I'm running mine too! Lol why spend more money?

• Like 2

I am also in the powerhead, no heater camp myself.

• Like 1

I've acquired sand and a really cool looking piece of arching rock. Need to decide on a lamp/bulb combo though. I think that's part of why I'm procrastinating getting water in the tank - There's so many bulbs to choose from... 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kimberbee said:

I've acquired sand and a really cool looking piece of arching rock. Need to decide on a lamp/bulb combo though. I think that's part of why I'm procrastinating getting water in the tank - There's so many bulbs to choose from... 

Get moving :D

• Like 2

Pico is looking pretty Kimber! Love this contest.

So does the powerhead give you the snow globe effect? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rory282 said:

Pico is looking pretty Kimber! Love this contest.

So does the powerhead give you the snow globe effect? 

Thanks!! 

I really, REALLY wanted to get the sand/water/rock in the tank today, but it's going to have to wait one more day...

I wanted to get time to polyurethane the wooden base for my pico tank, but it's been raining all week and it was not something I wanted to do in the house. I'd just about resigned myself to the fact that the weather wasn't going to cooperate and I would just get the tank started knowing I'd have to be super careful about water drips. 

Then, the sun finally came out just before I was going to put everything in the pico!! I got two coats of poly on the base, and will probably do a third coat tomorrow morning. I have water ready to go and a few pieces of bacteria coated rubble waiting in my lagoon. Fingers crossed I don't get too lazy tomorrow!! 

• Like 3

looks good so far.

I just added a powerhead to mine and my temp has been stable all day at 80, no heater. so there is a good chance that if using a pump, you can avoid a heater.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Clown79 said:

looks good so far.

I just added a powerhead to mine and my temp has been stable all day at 80, no heater. so there is a good chance that if using a pump, you can avoid a heater.

My temperature is also good without a heater.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vlangel said:

My temperature is also good without a heater.

I'm so happy about it. 1 less thing to take up room

Waterrrr!!

It's definitely too much flow. Well, pretty much, too much. If only I could turn it down just a smidge. I have another pump I can mess with tomorrow.

I added a heater for a while, because the water was sitting somewhere around 70, when I first filled it. The small heater, though set to 77, got the water to just about 80. So I took the heater out and added a makeshift lid. We'll see what happens... 

• Like 3

Well, happy f*kin Monday... :furious:

37700934982_f5903ac35e_c.jpg

• Sad 2
  • Wow 4