kimberbee

Kimber's Pretty Pico - 2nd video posted :)

Love the video Kimber!  Good idea.

• Like 1

Wow, what an amazing video! Great intro/setup video for anyone wanting to start their own pico tank. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2017 at 7:50 AM, spectra said:

Any fish plans or just coral and snails ?

No ideas!! I guess I'll figure it out when my light arrives! 

Thanks everyone for your kind words!! 

Awesome tank!!! I'm using the same bowl as you for the contest. I still haven't set mine up yet.... You might have answered this already but did you end up sealing the wood? I tried to stain mine but the stain wouldn't seep into the wood at all. 

2 hours ago, spec33 said:

Awesome tank!!! I'm using the same bowl as you for the contest. I still haven't set mine up yet.... You might have answered this already but did you end up sealing the wood? I tried to stain mine but the stain wouldn't seep into the wood at all. 

Yes, she polyurethaned it.  There must be some kind of finish on it (if it doesn't take a stain).  You could try sanding it down to bare wood, and then staining and sealing it with polyurethane.  However, they also make colored polyurethane, which is what I'd probably try.

Hi!  Just a reminder to please pm me your November full tank shot (FTS) along with the link to your build thread by the end of the day on November 30th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Felicia said:

Hi!  Just a reminder to please pm me your November full tank shot (FTS) along with the link to your build thread by the end of the day on November 30th.

Will do!! Thanks for the reminder and thanks for all the work you're doing keeping this organized!! :flower:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Will do!! Thanks for the reminder and thanks for all the work you're doing keeping this organized!! :flower:

Thank you, Kimber!  I'm doing my best.  Keeping track of 51 entries isn't easy!  I'm just so thrilled that the contest is such a success and we have so many entries.  Hopefully the FTS thread should really help in being able to keep up with so many different builds.

• Like 2

I didn't want to hold Felicia up in getting the monthly shot up, but... MY LAMP STAND ARRIVED TODAY!! So, my FTS submitted is already out of date!  :lol:

Finallyyyy!! 

38701209132_1a0943b40d_z.jpg20171129_180119 by kimothy182, on Flickr

My only coral... and some weird algae...

26957009809_7cae340f9d_z.jpg20171129_180131 by kimothy182, on Flickr

• Like 13

Month Two Update Videooooo!! 

• Like 9

:lol: After 5 minutes of struggling, and I have to go, my cat is eating the box.

Love the videos!

• Like 2

Nice job on the video!  Tank is coming along!  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, seabass said:

:lol: After 5 minutes of struggling, and I have to go, my cat is eating the box.

Love the videos!

That's my life... I end up re-shooting a lot cause of the dogs barking too!!

• Haha 2

Great video!  You're certainly being thorough with documentation!   "My cat is starting to eat the box, so I have to go" :lol:

• Like 1

Ha ha, I could not figure out what I was missing about 'my cat is eating the box' until I watched your video.  You should have showed us that too!😄

• Like 1

On 11/4/2017 at 2:07 PM, kimberbee said:

Video update:

Seriously no Elsa or Barbie? :tears:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

On 12/3/2017 at 3:32 PM, Sancho said:

Seriously no Elsa or Barbie? :tears:

I know... bad Kimber... 

I hope to have one soon. I'm having fun making videos, but there's so many other ideas I've had!! 

• Like 1