Lula_Mae

Lula Mae's "Jarden" of Enjoyment

1 hour ago, seabass said:

Congratulations!

post4000.jpg

Oh wow!  Haha I didn't even notice!  Thanks!

This is what happens when a third of your posts consist solely of smileys. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/14/2017 at 4:54 AM, Lula_Mae said:

:lol:

<_<

• Haha 1

Cultivated Reef has basically everything 30% off right now.  I may or may not have made a purchase intended for this jar... :ninja:

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Thunder Goose said:

Weren't you looking for branching GSP? Divers Den has some right now.

I did see that!  I'm saving my pennies (ok, more like $10 bills :lol:) for hopeful Black Friday shopping!  Someone on ebay regularly offers it, I just haven't broken down and paid the shipping costs they want lol.  I had talked with a member about buying some but haven't heard from her in a while... :unsure:

I bought an API test kit for the 15 and decided to run some tests on this since everything's been mad.  Ammonia and nitrite are both 0 but then, so is nitrate.  Maybe everything is mad cause it's too clean? :rolleyes:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I did see that!  I'm saving my pennies (ok, more like $10 bills :lol:) for hopeful Black Friday shopping!  Someone on ebay regularly offers it, I just haven't broken down and paid the shipping costs they want lol.  I had talked with a member about buying some but haven't heard from her in a while... :unsure:

I bought an API test kit for the 15 and decided to run some tests on this since everything's been mad.  Ammonia and nitrite are both 0 but then, so is nitrate.  Maybe everything is mad cause it's too clean? :rolleyes:

The first week I set my jar up everything looked mad.  Then I fed it heavily and let it sit 2 days before a 100% WC and the coral perked up perceptibly.  I decided to feed heavily twice a week after that.

4 minutes ago, vlangel said:

The first week I set my jar up everything looked mad.  Then I fed it heavily and let it sit 2 days before a 100% WC and the coral perked up perceptibly.  I decided to feed heavily twice a week after that.

That sounds good, everything was happy-ish till I changed out the sand.  The feather duster is out and the GSP is open but all the zoas hate life right now.  I think the sexy peach galaxies actually melted (I transferred back to the 5.5 but it was too late).

I just put in some reef snow and will try to remember to add something before I head off to work tonight, if only to get nitrates up a little bit. Not sure if zoas/palys can eat when closed lol.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1