Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Lula Mae's "Jarden" of Enjoyment--dinos :(

Lula_Mae

3 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

Divers den had a yellow squat lobster on there this weekend I bet one will resurface

They have a black and white one on sale for $19.99.  That's 33% off.

Squat Lobster, Black/White (click for more detail)

Of course you'd have to buy more stuff to spread out the shipping costs (or have a $99 order to get free shipping).  But at those prices, you might as well get the color you are looking for.

• Like 2

Oh man, sorry to hear about the invert losses! I've wanted to look into a gorgonian but I keep reading that they are hard to care for. They do look really cool tho

Hope the feather duster comes back too. Do you know how long it takes to grow new feathers? If that is what the crown is called? 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, seabass said:

They're so expensive though. :mellow:

:mellow: Yup...

7 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

Divers den had a yellow squat lobster on there this weekend I bet one will resurface

Yeah they had a whole spate of them recently, hope they have a few more!

4 hours ago, seabass said:

They have a black and white one on sale for $19.99.  That's 33% off.

Squat Lobster, Black/White (click for more detail)

Of course you'd have to buy more stuff to spread out the shipping costs (or have a $99 order to get free shipping).  But at those prices, you might as well get the color you are looking for.

I did see that one and considered it but I worry it'll be hard to see against the black sand.

1 hour ago, SaltyBuddha said:

Oh man, sorry to hear about the invert losses! I've wanted to look into a gorgonian but I keep reading that they are hard to care for. They do look really cool tho

Hope the feather duster comes back too. Do you know how long it takes to grow new feathers? If that is what the crown is called? 

I think it depends on the gorg, my little cactus gorg frag has done fine and had two day shipping. The other Hicksomella sp. gorg has come back nicely as well, and the two tiny gorg frags are ok too. Wonder if it's related to size of the frag?

I did notice they have some squat lobsters in regular stock and am considering one.

Thunder Goose

So jelly! I really liked mine till the [previously undiscovered] mantis shrimp ate it. The mantis shrimp has been rehomed so I may have to keep an eye out for another one... I need to re-stock the nano now that the mantis is gone.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Thunder Goose said:

So jelly! I really liked mine till the [previously undiscovered] mantis shrimp ate it. The mantis shrimp has been rehomed so I may have to keep an eye out for another one... I need to re-stock the nano now that the mantis is gone.

Poor little guy! Yes you do! I can offer suggestions lol... :D

2 hours ago, gena said:

Ohhhhhh....ahhhhhhhh.  I love the colors :wub:

Me too! He's so pretty! :wub:

• Like 2
13 hours ago, themummra said:

I need to get a cool invertebrate once my 29g becomes the quarantine.

Inverts are the bestest! :wub: I've gotten to enjoy them a lot as all I've ever had is picos! :lol: These guys are tiny though, this one is only an inch! That's smaller than the yellow one was, smaller almost than a pom pom!

• Like 6

The little guy came!  He's tinier than the other was but his arms are much longer.  When I opened the bag, his claw arms were straight up like "DON'T COME ANY CLOSER!" :lol:

IMG_20171104_133835361

I did get a picture of him that night in the tank but forgot to upload it.  Of course I haven't seen it since lol.  Hope it and the pom pom are getting along!  I need to update pics on this.  I added the two green ricordea I got from Gulf Coast Ecosystems and a sprig of sargassum that I need to tie to a rock (rics are in a cup with rock rubbles).  The stringy brown algae stuff continues but I think it's getting a little better.  Continual removal and scrubbing helps lol.  Probably will peroxide the rocks carefully soon.  Added some zoas from the other tank, the bubblegum pinks, punk princesses, and blondies from Legendary Corals.  I killed the purpleberry fantasies with the peroxide dip. :(

• Like 8
  • Wow 2
5 minutes ago, vlangel said:

He is adorable for a pico but if I saw him in my bathroom, he'd be terrifying LOL.  (He looks kind of like a banana spider).

Haha yeah they do look a little like spiders, I thought the same the first time I saw a video of a pom pom crab.  I'd be terrified too!  There would be screaming and squashing lol.

• Haha 1

Hahaha...my husband was standing behind me and said...what's with the spider? :lol:

I was like, that's NOT a spider, it's a crab :).  Technically it's a "lobster", but it doesn't look like a lobster to me.

The white and black is so cool!!!!

• Like 5
6 hours ago, gena said:

Hahaha...my husband was standing behind me and said...what's with the spider? :lol:

I was like, that's NOT a spider, it's a crab :).  Technically it's a "lobster", but it doesn't look like a lobster to me.

The white and black is so cool!!!!

Haha!  It's really dark red but the pic's so dark it's hard to tell.

3 hours ago, Justind823 said:

Nice jar! Super cool new addition. What's their behavior like in the aquarium? 

If I ever saw it, I could tell you. :lol: Seems pretty reclusive, like pom pom crabs usually are.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, gena said:

Technically it's a "lobster", but it doesn't look like a lobster to me.

I think it's a crab.  I'm not sure why squat lobster became their common name.

• Like 2