Lula_Mae

22 hours ago, tanacharison said:

Sooo many zoas! :D

I knowwww! :lol:

20 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

I can't wait to see them all open!

Me too! I missed them while at work last night. :(

20 hours ago, gena said:

Looks like some fat juicy polyps :).  I'm sure they will look fantastic when they open :wub:.

Thanks, I sure hope so! I want to figure out which one's which lol.

• Like 2
On 12/6/2017 at 12:36 PM, TatorTaco said:

Have all your frags had a chance to settle and open up?  I've really been looking forward to see them once settled. 

They have! I worked so much I haven't had much chance to do pictures, or maybe I did and forgot to upload them... can't remember at the moment lol. Will try tonight! :blush:

On 12/8/2017 at 12:07 PM, gena said:

Any noticeable difference with the lowered light?

No, not really, and some of the zoas are stretching... :mellow: Lowered again last night.

On 12/9/2017 at 5:35 AM, cfaye@Delaware said:

Hi, I really enjoy your selection of coral, very nice..... a lot goes on in these little jars some times.      :)

Thanks, and very true! :happy:

• Like 3
cfaye@Delaware

Just popping in.....hope all is well....will need to see those pictures soon.....:)

I'm excited to see how the new coral did....looks like a very nice pick for the jar......

Been dealing with a dying hard drive on my desktop so it's made the updloading pics not happen lol.  Finally uploaded some to the laptop so I can share a few.  These are from before Christmas:

Pretty nerite shell!:

IMG_20171203_001315284

Mostly open zoas:

IMG_20171203_001253648

IMG_20171203_001324639

IMG_20171203_001329547

Better shot of open zoas.  The petroglyph in front left is growing a baby head!  So are the (I think) tutti fruttis beside it to the right. :happy: The teeny blasto to its left is so pretty.

IMG_20171205_014129766

FJS:

IMG_20171205_014142203

This picture I meant to share for Christmas but did not get a chance to.  Merry Christmas (belated) from Lula Mae and crew!

IMG_20171225_092641384

Yesterday I went by my favorite reef store and picked up a couple more zoas (put them where Santa was lol) and a blue coral banded shrimp!  Will try to get pics soon, have to clean off the phone some lol.  Also, I hadn't seen my feather duster in several days and was worried but spotted him tonight out and happy, hooray!

• Like 13
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

Been dealing with a dying hard drive on my desktop so it's made the updloading pics not happen lol.  Finally uploaded some to the laptop so I can share a few.  These are from before Christmas:

Pretty nerite shell!:

IMG_20171203_001315284

Mostly open zoas:

IMG_20171203_001253648

IMG_20171203_001324639

IMG_20171203_001329547

Better shot of open zoas.  The petroglyph in front left is growing a baby head!  So are the (I think) tutti fruttis beside it to the right. :happy: The teeny blasto to its left is so pretty.

IMG_20171205_014129766

FJS:

IMG_20171205_014142203

This picture I meant to share for Christmas but did not get a chance to.  Merry Christmas (belated) from Lula Mae and crew!

IMG_20171225_092641384

Yesterday I went by my favorite reef store and picked up a couple more zoas (put them where Santa was lol) and a blue coral banded shrimp!  Will try to get pics soon, have to clean off the phone some lol.  Also, I hadn't seen my feather duster in several days and was worried but spotted him tonight out and happy, hooray!

Awesome! Where’d you go? I know Fintastic of Wake County had the blue banded shrimps too, they were super cool. Also had 75% off frags so I walked away with some loot haha. 9 frags for $40. Just curious if that’s where you went

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

IMG_20171225_092641384

Aw  :)

• Like 2
11 hours ago, JoeR said:

Awesome! Where’d you go? I know Fintastic of Wake County had the blue banded shrimps too, they were super cool. Also had 75% off frags so I walked away with some loot haha. 9 frags for $40. Just curious if that’s where you went

I go to Nemo's Reef in Matthews.  I had a gift certificate from hubby (cute story I'll share on the 15L thread later).  The Fintastic in Charlotte closed down a few years ago, sadly (it was in the Ayrsley area), and I haven't gotten up to Wake Co. in a couple years lol.  Nemo's Reef's invert corner has had a blue CBS in the same corner of the same tank for months but apparently it isn't all the same one, they just congregate there lol.

9 hours ago, seabass said:

Aw  :)

:happy:

4 hours ago, Lisa166 said:

It's been way too long, but I read your new entries in here and your 15 long journal. And this tank is coming along so well, i love zoas! 

Lisa!  Hope you've been well and things are coming along for you.  I haven't been on much the past month or so, too much going on and working a lot!

4 hours ago, gena said:

Haha...love the scuba Santa :wub: 

Haha thanks, we found him on clearance at PetSmart and I said "HE IS SO GOING IN MY JAR FOR THE FTS!!!" :lol:

2 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Wow, look at all the corals! 

Looking good

Thanks!  I hope to get them glued down...eventually...lol.

I think I forgot to mention I also added a scarlet hermit a week or two ago and so far he's still alive lol.  And my botryocladia, which was doing well and growing bubbles, is melting or something and turning into an algae tree again. <_<

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I go to Nemo's Reef in Matthews.  I had a gift certificate from hubby (cute story I'll share on the 15L thread later).  The Fintastic in Charlotte closed down a few years ago, sadly (it was in the Ayrsley area), and I haven't gotten up to Wake Co. in a couple years lol.  Nemo's Reef's invert corner has had a blue CBS in the same corner of the same tank for months but apparently it isn't all the same one, they just congregate there lol.

:happy:

Lisa!  Hope you've been well and things are coming along for you.  I haven't been on much the past month or so, too much going on and working a lot!

Haha thanks, we found him on clearance at PetSmart and I said "HE IS SO GOING IN MY JAR FOR THE FTS!!!" :lol:

Thanks!  I hope to get them glued down...eventually...lol.

I think I forgot to mention I also added a scarlet hermit a week or two ago and so far he's still alive lol.  And my botryocladia, which was doing well and growing bubbles, is melting or something and turning into an algae tree again. <_<

You know, I have to be honest- I’ve not been impressed by Nemo’s. When my parents go to Costco I always go just to stop by Nemo’s and I’ve not had great experiences there tbh. When I was still super nooby, I bought a Kenya from them and paid like $35-$45 for it. It’s not worth a dollar to me now, I hate it. I can’t get any fish store around here to take it for free. But that’s my fault for being an uninformed buyer. Their coral seems a bit spendy, and there’s not a huge selection of frags from what I’ve seen but maybe I’m never there at the right time. On the other hand, one of the workers, a younger guy who I think is the owners son, is really helpful and super nice. So maybe it’s a fluke :wacko:

1 hour ago, JoeR said:

You know, I have to be honest- I’ve not been impressed by Nemo’s. When my parents go to Costco I always go just to stop by Nemo’s and I’ve not had great experiences there tbh. When I was still super nooby, I bought a Kenya from them and paid like $35-$45 for it. It’s not worth a dollar to me now, I hate it. I can’t get any fish store around here to take it for free. But that’s my fault for being an uninformed buyer. Their coral seems a bit spendy, and there’s not a huge selection of frags from what I’ve seen but maybe I’m never there at the right time. On the other hand, one of the workers, a younger guy who I think is the owners son, is really helpful and super nice. So maybe it’s a fluke :wacko:

I like Nemo's cuz they have a usually nice selection of frags (including cheap ones) and have gotten some great deals, for the size of their store.  The other two salt stores I know of, 1 has tons of fish but only four frag tanks and very little under $40-50.  The other store (where I bought Tally the clownfish back in the spring) had nasty tanks and is a pain to get to so I haven't been there since.  Nemo's also has very clean frags, I don't think I've found pests on one yet, compared to most stores where there's aiptasia, hair algae, bubble algae, vermetids...yuck.  If it makes you feel better, one of the salt stores I frequented up north sold kenya trees for $45 for a little bitty frag--and would NOT take back frags from customers trying to get rid of some...I was like yeah, no...

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I like Nemo's cuz they have a usually nice selection of frags (including cheap ones) and have gotten some great deals, for the size of their store.  The other two salt stores I know of, 1 has tons of fish but only four frag tanks and very little under $40-50.  The other store (where I bought Tally the clownfish back in the spring) had nasty tanks and is a pain to get to so I haven't been there since.  Nemo's also has very clean frags, I don't think I've found pests on one yet, compared to most stores where there's aiptasia, hair algae, bubble algae, vermetids...yuck.  If it makes you feel better, one of the salt stores I frequented up north sold kenya trees for $45 for a little bitty frag--and would NOT take back frags from customers trying to get rid of some...I was like yeah, no...

I think I know what store you’re talking about that you mentioned first. Starts with an A. I love the store, so many cool fish, but I rarely buy anything SW there. They have sooo much overhead though so i understand. The owner is actually the reason I got into SW, he convinced me to come home with the 3 gal pico.

On 12/28/2017 at 11:00 PM, JoeR said:

I think I know what store you’re talking about that you mentioned first. Starts with an A. I love the store, so many cool fish, but I rarely buy anything SW there. They have sooo much overhead though so i understand. The owner is actually the reason I got into SW, he convinced me to come home with the 3 gal pico.

Yep, starts with A! Very nice store but I can only imagine the cost of that location. That's pretty cool, though!

• Like 1

I snapped a couple pics of the blue CBS when I put him in but he's hid ever since.  I pulled the rock out the other day and found him glaring at me from a crevice lol. 

IMG_20171228_031347407

IMG_20171228_031344598

• Like 8

Also, I put my struggling purple digi in here (what's left of it) and it seems to really like it as there is full polyp extension on the parts that are still alive.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Your CBS is so small. I've never seen one that small 

Yeah, the yellow and blue varieties are much smaller than the normal and gold varieties.  I believe they get to a max of 1.5" or so.

• Like 1
On 1/4/2018 at 4:16 AM, Lula_Mae said:

Yeah, the yellow and blue varieties are much smaller than the normal and gold varieties.  I believe they get to a max of 1.5" or so.

tiny and cute!! :wub:

• Like 1
9 hours ago, kimberbee said:

tiny and cute!! :wub:

He would be if I ever saw him!  I'm sure he's still alive but I haven't seen him.  Hope he's still alive anyway.  Got some pics I'll try to get up tonight, phone wasn't cooperating yesterday to get them off lol. 

So I finally found my bone cutters which have been MIA for months, just as I was about to pull the trigger for another pair (I'll still get a better pair soonish but these'll do for now.  As a result, I worked on trimming down the frag plugs and glued some stuff up!  Hooray!  Still have some things in the sandbed as I don't think the rocks are big enough for all the pieces I have but some will probably go in the 15, and maybe some in the 5.5 if I can get rid of that turf algae.  Apologies for the hazy glass, I need to scrub/scrape it (I did order an algae scraper small enough for this tank, hope it comes soon!).  The white blobs you'll see are spirorbid worms on the glass, I did scrape those off the other day from the viewing area but they like the jar lol.  These pics were taken right after I did it too, so things were still mad.

ATT00001

ATT00001(8)

My petroglyph has a baby polyp now!

ATT00001(7)

ATT00001(6)

IMG_20180106_192521089

This shot is pretty out of focus but I was trying to show the happy fuzzy polyp extension on the living parts of the digi.  Still doesn't look purple though lol.  I also added some dragon's breath, fingers crossed it makes it this time!

ATT00001(4)

The GSP in the front is growing up the glass!

ATT00001(5)

FTS:

ATT00001(1)

Today when my PSW came from Diver's Den, I also had ordered some purple star polyps for this jar!  They are mad and closed so no pics.  The hermit has started moving about now and is knocking things over lol.  Guess he's feeling more comfortable in here.  You can see him near the top in the FTS and some of the other pics, just below the zoas with all the leggy polyps (punk princesses).

• Like 7