ReefCleaners.org

MainelyReefer
54 minutes ago, TheRope said:

Waiiit a sec thats a frogspawn? If thats the case i mistakened mine for a hammer! 

IMG_20171004_134518_629.jpg

I would classify both as hammers, vlangel's has a few polyps that are similar to frogspawn and maybe given it's a frag it needs time to come into its look, but my frogspawns have multiple dots along the tentacle not just the one at the tip or 2

frogspawn exampleIMG_2652.thumb.JPG.4c17fbf50e1c3a8f42cbb202105c0f69.JPG

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TheRope said:

Waiiit a sec thats a frogspawn? If thats the case i mistakened mine for a hammer! 

IMG_20171004_134518_629.jpg

Oops my bad, you are right! Yours and mine are hammers.  Sorry for the misidentification?.

18 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Oops my bad, you are right! Yours and mine are hammers.  Sorry for the misidentification?.

Awh man you got my hopes up... i wish mine was a froggy :( haha

9 minutes ago, tanacharison said:

When comparing tanks mine is so boring after catching up on this thread. Where are you getting all the frags at? 

I feel like most of my coral are boring too. Many of them came from my seahorse tank. The gorg, xenia, palys, a mushroom, and photosynthetic sponge.  I also got 3 coral frags from a friend that I had given colonies to, so the hammer and frogspawn were from my former colonies.  I bought acans, a sinularia, and a colorful zoa reef gallery in zelienople.

1 minute ago, vlangel said:

I feel like most of my coral are boring too. Many of them came from my seahorse tank. The gorg, xenia, palys, a mushroom, and photosynthetic sponge.  I also got 3 coral frags from a friend that I had given colonies to, so the hammer and frogspawn were from my former colonies.  I bought acans, a sinularia, and a colorful zoa reef gallery in zelienople.

Right on Adam rocks!  He’s building my new tank.  I’m thinking about fragging some corals out of the main tank for the Pico but the lights are so different I’m afraid it will be a epic failure. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, tanacharison said:

Right on Adam rocks!  He’s building my new tank.  I’m thinking about fragging some corals out of the main tank for the Pico but the lights are so different I’m afraid it will be a epic failure. 

Even if the light is not as good as your main tank, I bet if you place the high light coral at the top and leave the lower light coral at the bottom the coral can still thrive.  A lot of their energy is coming from the heavy feedings.  They might lose color but I bet they will grow nicely.  That is what happen to one of my acans.  It was red but now it is orange-ish yellow, but it is big and fluffy so I am ok with it.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I have been following along with all your contest builds while we have been away for the Christmas holiday.  It was good to get home this evening and find that most everything was ok with the seahorses and the reef jar.  My only worry is my frogspawn has turned into an enormous monster and is stinging everything around it!  Its looking like it needs relocated.  All is happy otherwise.

• Like 4
fishfreak0114

Glad to hear that things are doing well!  Hopefully the corals that were in the frogspawn's line of fire recover :) I'm looking forward to this month's FTS!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

How 'bout a before and after!

3 hours ago, gena said:

I like the sound of that :) 

20171229_184942

Your wish is my command.  I did some maintenance too.  This is the before.  Killer frogspawn is top left.

• Like 3

2017-12-30_03-29-56

Now killer frogspawn is down low and center.  The glass got a good scrubbing.  Not too much other algae except the film on the jar.  This will be my Dec. FJS unless tomorrow everything looks less mad.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

This morning killer frogspawn looks a lot better.  Hopefully it does not start stinging my merletti blasto ?.  The rose coral and the orange leptatrea both had significant damage from the frogspawn.  I am optimistic that they will both heal.  I also moved the pump and reversed the flow to blow the frogspawn away from other coral ?. I hope to take lots of pics today for a Dec. photo dump.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, TheRope said:

If youre having trouble with the frogspawn stick him to a plastic sealed magnet and put him on the glass 

For the magnets check k&j magnetics 

Thanks rope, I might just do that!