ReefCleaners.org

Gena's C.C. Pico Contest Build

gena

4 hours ago, gena said:

I got some video earlier today :).  The pico is in there right after the 10 gallon.  It's short, but you can see it in action :D.

:wub:

• Like 5
12 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

Everything looks great! Your female clown is so big for that tank lol. 

2 hours ago, MarieH said:

love it.  and i know the clowns don't swim much but im thinking smallish for 2?   but they look great so all is well.   rawk on.

Thanks guys!

I'm with them everyday so I don't notice the growth.  She is a beast though.  Maybe she's gotten even bigger?  She is a big-time pig when it comes to food :lol:.  Good thing she's a sweet  clown and doesn't attack me when I get my hands in the tank :D.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, gena said:

Thanks guys!

I'm with them everyday so I don't notice the growth.  She is a beast though.  Maybe she's gotten even bigger?  She is a big-time pig when it comes to food :lol:.  Good thing she's a sweet  clown and doesn't attack me when I get my hands in the tank :D.

That is certainly rare, my tiny little clown has been nearly drawing blood lately. :closedeyes:

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
On 10/20/2017 at 11:34 AM, Boggers said:

Wow, I think I need to up my flow in my pico now. I have it set pretty slow and that looks like it's moving a lot more.

I have the pump turned way down too.  It could really crank up if I let it :D

On 10/21/2017 at 9:28 AM, Mariaface said:

Woah!! So many corals! :wub:

It's almost completely stocked LOL. 

On 10/20/2017 at 11:23 AM, fishfreak0114 said:

Your blastos make me so happy!!!!  Everything's looking fabulous!

Thank you!  I'm getting another blasto for the pico probably this week.  My LFS is fragging them.  It's a color I haven't seen before :o.  It's pretty cool!

• Like 2
  • Wow 3

Tuna Blue is in the house omgomgomg

Gonna test this out until the RR PAR bulb arrives.  I can handle the blue but I want to see how the corals react.  It certainly brings out the colors :D.

• Like 5
Christopher Marks

That video update was awesome, you've really outdone yourself @gena!

I can't wait to see it under the new bulbs. Thanks for sharing your research on them, this will be helpful for others looking for a good LED bulb.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

I can't wait to see it under the new bulbs. Thanks for sharing your research on them, this will be helpful for others looking for a good LED bulb.

Yep, I can do comparison photos with the three bulbs, and give my reviews on them.  And thank you :).

• Like 3

Wow, I am so behind!  Its like Insta-Tank in here!  Man, all those corals from RAP look stunning in the pico jar.  Such a cool little tank with so much color.  You've done a wonderful job selecting a variety of colors and textures in the corals you have in there.  I absolutely LOVED the video.  Your clowns are so pretty and it was nice to see a peak of the PSW.  That fiji leather is HUGE now!  Looking wonderful!  I also really enjoyed seeing the little pico in action.  I bet its a very relaxing little tank with the bubbles.

I say go for the pistol shrimp.  They're pretty shy, so they don't stray too far from their burrow to snatch food.  They won't be up on your coral stealing food the way a cleaner shrimp would.  I also still think a pom pom crab or porcelain crab would be neat in there since they're not really food snatchers either. :)

I'm interested to hear how the light comparison goes!

• Like 1
On 10/20/2017 at 12:07 PM, gena said:

Thanks guys!

My clown has learned to beg for food.  She loves those garlic marine pellets! :lol:

On 10/22/2017 at 1:58 PM, Christopher Marks said:

I've posted about my experiences too, on my 5.5 thread, cuz...I've been through a lot of bulbs (5 so far lol). :blush:  It's helped me be able to make some recommendations for folks based on my (admittedly still somewhat limited) experiences.  Hopefully the combination of experiences will help people out making decisions for their smaller tanks!

• Like 3

Another week gone by :D

PIco jar continues to do well.  I mentioned previously that I have the Tuna Blue bulb now.  While I'm not a fan of it, my corals sure do LOVE it!  They are open fuller than they were with the previous bulb.  I'm really hopeful that they'll love the Reef Radiance bulb when it gets here.  If it ever gets here LOL.  I haven't heard a peep from that company. 

It is a bear to photograph the jar with the Tuna Blue bulb.  How about some really blue photos?  My iPhone can not handle this at all :lol:.  No less than 10 photos for your enjoyment :lol:.

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 6.30.32 PM

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 12.15.31 PM

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 12.15.42 PM

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 12.15.52 PM

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 12.16.02 PM

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 12.16.15 PM

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 12.16.26 PM

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 12.16.36 PM

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 12.16.52 PM

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 12.17.09 PM

Tomorrow's my water change day as well as the feeding day.  I get so much enjoyment out of feeding these corals.  It's the best part :).  And no critters to steal the food :happydance:.

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, metrokat said:

Totally envious of the water volume you have. :D 

hehehe...2 gallons omgomgomg If that :lol:.

Yeah, I'm glad I have what I have.  I chose this specific container since I'm planning to move this baby across country at some point :o.  I figured it might be a good traveling container.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Orangutran said:

When my jar grows up, it wants to be just like yours!! :)

I tell everyone this, but download the app Snapseed on your phone, to get rid of the blue. 

hahaha thanks!

I saw your post in fishfreaks thread and promptly downloaded that app!!!!! Looking forward to trying it out!!!!  Thanks for the tip :D .

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 1.50.45 PM

Played with the white balance a bit on that app.  Still a bit blown out.  But better :).

2 minutes ago, Felicia said:

Looking good!  Its very odd seeing really blue photos from you, Gena!  The corals sure do pop though and they all look very happy! 

I know what you mean!  It's weird LOL.  And when I go from my jar to looking at my 10 gallon, the 10 gallon looks all washed out LOL.  The blue is growing on me a little :o.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, gena said:

I know what you mean!  It's weird LOL.  And when I go from my jar to looking at my 10 gallon, the 10 gallon looks all washed out LOL.  The blue is growing on me a little :o.

What, no?! 

37199690474_51425e879e_z.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Go into "Tools" and select "Curves". Along the bottom of that menu, select the circle which allows you to choose the "blue" channel only. Now drag down the curve  line, which will take out the blue only from the photo. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Orangutran said:

Go into "Tools" and select "Curves". Along the bottom of that menu, select the circle which allows you to choose the "blue" channel only. Now drag down the curve, which will take out the blue only from the photo. 

Oh cool, thanks!!!!  Ok, that does a better job than white balance.  Takes more blue out.

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 2.15.48 PM

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1