ReefCleaners.org

Gena's C.C. Pico Contest Build

gena

Sigh...another jar thread I missed until the end of the contest. I'm a slacker and just never found the time to look at all of them. It looks fantastic just like every tank you've ever done Gena. I'm just sorry you'll have to take it down for the move. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
16 hours ago, Felicia said:

Yep!   Time really flew by!  Also, just a friendly reminder that your write-up and three photos are due to me by midnight (PST) tomorrow night (3/31).

Nothing like last minute LOL.  Just took my photos and I will write up my summary now :).  

14 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Lovely tank. 

I love mushrooms too. I think a mushroom tank would be awesome ?

Thank you!  I've always been a huge fan of mushrooms!!!!

4 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Sigh...another jar thread I missed until the end of the contest. I'm a slacker and just never found the time to look at all of them. It looks fantastic just like every tank you've ever done Gena. I'm just sorry you'll have to take it down for the move. 

No worries and thank you!!!!!  I've missed a lot and haven't been very good with keeping up :(.  I'm looking forward to reading everyone's final thoughts on keeping a pico jar though!!!!!

• Like 3

250 words is tough!  I could have used at least 500 :lol:.

Picture that didn't make the cut.  Like my giant starfish floor pillow? :D 

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 2.40.31 PM

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
28 minutes ago, gena said:

Love the pillow! Love the whole little scene ya got going there actually... Looks comfy!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, gena said:

Ok, I LOVE that starfish pillow haha.  Looks great for sitting on!

• Like 1

Sorry for making you all stick to 250 words.  I know its not much, but I didn't want the voting thread to get so long that people wouldn't really read through it.  I've made sure all the photos in the voting thread link to your respective builds so people can easily go read more about your builds if they want.  Feel free to write more detailed/longer writeups in your build threads!

Also, I LOVE that starfish floor pillow!  Do you lay on it and watch the tank?  That looks so nice!  Where did you find it?

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Felicia said:

Sorry for making you all stick to 250 words.  I know its not much, but I didn't want the voting thread to get so long that people wouldn't really read through it.  I've made sure all the photos in the voting thread link to your respective builds so people can easily go read more about your builds if they want.  Feel free to write more detailed/longer writeups in your build threads!

Also, I LOVE that starfish floor pillow!  Do you lay on it and watch the tank?  That looks so nice!  Where did you find it?

I just wanted to ramble on more LOL.  It's actually the perfect amount.  People won't get bored reading a bunch of extra  nonsense :).

I haven't used the pillow yet but my cat has LOL.  I actually bought it as a prop for my macrame business..staging.  But it's so perfect for my other hobby (reefing) which is really why I bought it.  I found it at Pottery Barn kids.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, gena said:

I just wanted to ramble on more LOL.  It's actually the perfect amount.  People won't get bored reading a bunch of extra  nonsense :).

I haven't used the pillow yet but my cat has LOL.  I actually bought it as a prop for my macrame business..staging.  But it's so perfect for my other hobby (reefing) which is really why I bought it.  I found it at Pottery Barn kids.

Yeah, I was looking at the voting/summaries thread on my phone and the length of each summary is the perfect amount to be able to digest on a mobile device without it looking like a novel.  I tend to ramble myself, so I'm sure it was an exercise in minimalist writing.  :D  There were quite a few people commenting that it was really hard to limit themselves to 250 words.

I bet the cats love that pillow.  Its really a fun idea to have that big floor pillow right in front of the reef bowl.  Great find!

• Like 2
On 4/2/2018 at 2:54 PM, seabass said:

Easily one of my favorites.  Good luck!

Thanks!  You too!!!!  The color you have going on in your jar is :wub: .  So natural looking.  

• Thanks 1