Pod Your Reef

Creative Container Pico Contest - Official Announcement

Felicia

Monthly FTS Thread is now posted!

Hi everyone!  The monthly full tank shot thread is now posted and currently has all 51 of the contest entry photos with links to the respective build threads.  I will update the thread on or around December 1st with all of the November FTS's.  Please let me know if you notice any issues or have any suggestions to make the thread even better!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Wow, I don't remember seeing all those containers.  Very cool!  I hope we see a large percentage of these picos make it to the end.

Thanks @Felicia!  That's a ton of work dealing with all those pics and links for several months.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, seabass said:

Wow, I don't remember seeing all those containers.  Very cool!  I hope we see a large percentage of these picos make it to the end.

Thanks @Felicia!  That's a ton of work dealing with all those pic and links for several months.

Yeah there are definitely a lot!  I'm with you on hoping we see the majority of the them make it all the way to the end of the contest.

And you're very welcome!  It was a bit of a chore gathering up all the photos and links this time around, but it should be easier going forward since I'm having you all pm me the photo and the link.  Hopefully the thread will make following each build a bit easier.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
fishfreak0114

Thanks for getting that going @Felicia!  You sure are putting in time and effort for this contest, it's greatly appreciated!  I'm having lots of fun reading about everyone's picos and working on my own :)

• Like 6
On 11/22/2017 at 7:58 PM, Felicia said:

Monthly FTS Thread is now posted!

Hi everyone!  The monthly full tank shot thread is now posted and currently has all 51 of the contest entry photos with links to the respective build threads.  I will update the thread on or around December 1st with all of the November FTS's.  Please let me know if you notice any issues or have any suggestions to make the thread even better!

Yay!!!  That's great!!!  Thanks for doing this...will make it soooo much easier to follow :).

• Like 2
On 11/22/2017 at 8:58 PM, fishfreak0114 said:

Thanks for getting that going @Felicia!  You sure are putting in time and effort for this contest, it's greatly appreciated!  I'm having lots of fun reading about everyone's picos and working on my own :)

1 hour ago, gena said:

Yay!!!  That's great!!!  Thanks for doing this...will make it soooo much easier to follow :).

You're all very welcome!  I'm enjoying following along for this contest!  Since I'm not participating, its fun to host!  Now hopefully we can all follow along with all the exciting build even easier.  I'm excited to get the November FTS's posted since those will be the ones with most of the tanks wet so we can see what direction people are headed with rock scape and initial corals.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Felicia said:

You're all very welcome!  I'm enjoying following along for this contest!  Since I'm not participating, its fun to host!  Now hopefully we can all follow along with all the exciting build even easier.  I'm excited to get the November FTS's posted since those will be the ones with most of the tanks wet so we can see what direction people are headed with rock scape and initial corals.

This contest has been a blast for me.  Like you said, it is so much fun seeing all the clever and ingenuitive ideas folks come up with.  

Thank you Felicia for all the work you are doing to host it,

• Like 5
7 hours ago, vlangel said:

This contest has been a blast for me.  Like you said, it is so much fun seeing all the clever and ingenuitive ideas folks come up with.  

Thank you Felicia for all the work you are doing to host it,

You are very very welcome!  Its fun to host.  :flower:

• Like 3
4 hours ago, hinnenkm said:

I don't know if I missed it, but where do you want us to post the links to our thread? I just uploaded my November full tank shot. Thanks again for all of the work you are doing with this! @Felicia

No problem! Hosting this is a ton of fun! You can pm me your FTS along with the link to your thread. Then I'll be updating the FTS thread with the November FTS's on or around December 1.

I've noticed that it's been awhile since some of the contestants have posted.  I'm looking forward to seeing more updates.

@Felicia, are you planning to allow any wiggle room on getting in monthly full tank shots?  In a way, I want as many contestants as possible (giving people some leeway).  In another way, I feel that everyone should be able to send in a pic once a month (and if you cant, then too bad).  Maybe we should give people something like one free pass.  Thoughts?

• Like 2

@seabass I've created a Pinterest album with sub-albums containing contestants photos. I believe everyone can access it without the need for an account. There is a total of 375 photos so far. You should check it out. 

https://www.pinterest.com/pjreefs/nano-reef-creative-container/

Let me know if you have any trouble accessing it. It is a fun way to see all the photos without the added conversations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
flatlandreefer
44 minutes ago, pj86 said:

@seabass I've created a Pinterest album with sub-albums containing contestants photos. I believe everyone can access it without the need for an account. There is a total of 375 photos so far. You should check it out. 

Let me know if you have any trouble accessing it. It is a fun way to see all the photos without the added conversations. 

I just scrolled through the Pinterest board, it is awesome! Really neat to be able to quickly see all of the photos, there are some awesome picos in this contest! 

MedievalITGuy
1 hour ago, pj86 said:

I've created a Pinterest album with sub-albums containing contestants photos. I believe everyone can access it without the need for an account. There is a total of 375 photos so far. You should check it out. 

The Pinterest board actually makes it really easy to see each tank's progression. Nice job!

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, seabass said:

Nice!  Thanks for doing that.  Are you planning to continue it throughout the contest?

That is the plan. I subscribed to all the threads and created a separate email account to follow along. I have been updating pictures as new pictures roll in.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

congratulations to all of you for being part of the largest non invaded tank thread in the world. im not joking. you can't get 2 pages in any other forum on the planet without some dominating cyano, dino or algae problem causing a near shutdown.

your tanks shine for more reasons than volume

when this thread gets to 300 pages and is locked in time as  a reference for not putting up with a tank calling the shots, but reefing the other way around (hey reef, I require you to grow in that coffee cup for example)  thank yourselves and these fine pics for that example large tankers can learn a thing or two from.

You all get your corals from the same lfs, trades, online orders, that large tankers do. Only the duration of invasion ranges

• Like 8
flatlandreefer
2 hours ago, seabass said:

I've noticed that it's been awhile since some of the contestants have posted.  I'm looking forward to seeing more updates.

@Felicia, are you planning to allow any wiggle room on getting in monthly full tank shots?  In a way, I want as many contestants as possible (giving people some leeway).  In another way, I feel that everyone should be able to send in a pic once a month (and if you cant, then too bad).  Maybe we should give people something like one free pass.  Thoughts?

I agree with one free pass. I think if Felicia is able to put in all the work she has been doing I think it's pretty reasonable for everybody in the contest to keep up with their photos. Same can be said for PJ. 

• Like 6
On 11/21/2017 at 9:08 AM, kimberbee said:

Anyone get the sample of koralmd yet?

On 11/21/2017 at 9:47 AM, duderubble said:

No. I've been watching for it. 

Received mine a few days ago! Haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet. 

Thank you @BrightwellAquatics

N0biXPo.jpg

• Like 3
ChristopherDido
4 hours ago, pj86 said:

@pj86 thanks for the hard work on Pinterest, I never received an email. Did you still need help with it?

• Christopher Marks unpinned this topic