ReefCleaners.org

Creative Container Pico Contest - Official Announcement

Felicia

2 minutes ago, pj86 said:

FA_3_A_1024x1024.jpg?v=1495728111

Probably one of the craziest looking vases.  There are a lot of options out there for this contest, there are even blown glass vases, don't forget about those. 

https://whatic2.com/

Love this!

Its a good thing I can't enter as one of the hosts because I have a lovely blown glass terrarium on a volcanic ash stand that is sitting on the same dresser as my IM 14 aquarium.  Its from West Elm if anyone needs any inspiration! :)

36810344673_0a7cc6d382_c.jpg

https://www.westelm.com/shop/accessories-pillows/planters/?cm_type=gnav

• Like 6
14 minutes ago, Felicia said:

We've decided that custom built tanks/containers will not be allowed for fairness' sake.  Containers must be purchased and maintained intact with only minor modifications to accommodate qualifying equipment, allow ventilation, or to create a lid allowed.  I'm sure you had a wonderful idea!  I'm sorry we can't allow it as a contest entry, but you could always pursue it for fun!  I hope you still enter the contest!

Thank you for getting back to me quickly. :)

If anything, you've provided me with an interesting challenge, and that's what reefing's all about.

I mean we're all masachists here anyways, right?

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Droy008 said:

Thank you for getting back to me quickly. :)

If anything, you've provided me with an interesting challenge, and that's what reefing's all about.

I mean we're all masachists here anyways, right?

True! Love your attitude! Just let us know if you have any other questions and we'll try to answer as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

I would pick the one with the wooden vase or the 1.5 gallon

17 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Found these while out and about today. Target and Hobby Lobby... pretty sure I know which I'll be using. :happy:

1 hour ago, pj86 said:

FA_3_A_1024x1024.jpg?v=1495728111

Probably one of the craziest looking vases.  There are a lot of options out there for this contest, there are even blown glass vases, don't forget about those. 

https://whatic2.com/

There's actually a company that makes something similar and sells as "fish bowls"!  I don't know what the name is but I remember seeing them at an LFS I used to go to in CT. :bling:

51 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Found these while out and about today. Target and Hobby Lobby... pretty sure I know which I'll be using. :happy:

Ooh, the wood bottomed one would be neat!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

It's official!

IMG_20171003_170715236.thumb.jpg.0bfab3efd3da5f57ff6977a7042975f9.jpg

You are officially contestant #3!  Love the condiment selection! :lol:  Latte fixin's count as condiments right?!  :lol:  I'll add your name and a link to your build thread to the list at the end of the first post in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Creative Container Pico Contest - Official Nano-Reef Contest
50 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

Just went out and picked up this gem as soon as I read about the competition, will update with aquarium journal later

IMG_1757.JPG

36 minutes ago, Harrisonbored said:

They say timing is everything. Picked this up at a garage sale this weekend figuring I'd replant it...but now it has a new purpose!

Count me in.

59d40a4dc6d15_Thebeginning.thumb.jpg.14ebe6db5a44613cfea378c64a5cf73e.jpg

These are both awesome and super unique!  Can't wait to see these set up!

26 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

My official entry :happy:

Yay!  Contestant #4!  I'm glad you picked the one with the wood base!  Its really unique and stylish looking.  I'm adding you to the list in the first post of this thread.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

Just went out and picked up this gem as soon as I read about the competition, will update with aquarium journal later

IMG_1757.JPG

YES!!!!

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks unfeatured this topic
1 hour ago, Harrisonbored said:

They say timing is everything. Picked this up at a garage sale this weekend figuring I'd replant it...but now it has a new purpose!

Count me in.

59d40a4dc6d15_Thebeginning.thumb.jpg.14ebe6db5a44613cfea378c64a5cf73e.jpg

Another contestant has entered the competition!  Check out the super unique container!  Also, seems that we have a lot of hot sauce lovers here. :)  I'll add you to the contestants list on the first post of this thread.

2 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

IMG_1757.JPG

I was literally just looking into one of these at West elm today... 

Damn might still do it

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

I was literally just looking into one of these at West elm today... 

Damn might still do it

Well we have multiple of the Anchor jars entered, so we can have multiple people compete with West Elm blown glass/wood terrariums.  :D

7 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

I ordered a 3 gallon beverage dispenser off amazon warehouse for $4. If anyone copies me we KILL them all :)  @Felicia and @Christopher Marks will back me up! 

Built in easy water change functionality!!! 

F0L7vi6.png

Nice choice!  Definitely unique and I'm curious to see how that will work for water changes.  However, I will not be killing anyone if they copy you. :P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Felicia said:

Nice choice!  Definitely unique and I'm curious to see how that will work for water changes.  However, I will not be killing anyone if they copy you. :P

Tis okay, you can be a bystander! I may or may not be in the contest depending on my lighting situation :unsure:

7 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Tis okay, you can be a bystander! I may or may not be in the contest depending on my lighting situation :unsure:

You could always try to do a sunlit reef container if you can't get a light.  Also, I believe you can get some pretty inexpensive PAR bulbs from Amazon.  I believe @Gena mentioned she got hers from Amazon and that it was inexpensive.

• Christopher Marks changed the title to Creative Container Pico Contest - Official Announcement
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic