Pod Your Reef

Creative Container Pico Contest - Official Announcement

Felicia

1 minute ago, dmw913 said:

Just dragging and dropping photos into my reply on my build thread.

Are you just copying and pasting them directly from your computer? NR might limit the amount you can post directly. 

7 minutes ago, dmw913 said:

Just dragging and dropping photos into my reply on my build thread.

I would recommend using an image hosting sight.

I prefer imgur.com. Make an account. Upload the image. Paste the bbcode and you are good to go. Here is one I just did for reference. 

lGZhGH9.jpg

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, TFish77 said:

Build thread up, container purchased, favorite condiment added. Am I official now :lol: ?

You're official!  Very cool build plan!  Can't wait to see how it comes together.  I'm adding you to the official contestants list in the first post of this thread.

1 hour ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Finally I've got a thread going!  I'm very nervous and excited about this little tank!

Woohoo!  I love how your condiment looks larger than your container.  I'm loving how tiny many of these are!  I'm adding you to the official list of contestants in the first post of this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, dmw913 said:

Ok, friends.  I need a little help, please.  I just tried to post some more pics and was given notification that I can only post 6mb of photos.  I assume this is limited because I am not yet a "supporter", correct?  

Regardless, can someone please educate me on how to increase my photo limit and/or become a supporter?

Thanks!!!

Denise

I don't think being a supporter makes a difference. Two things you can do other than hosting. First you can reduce the size of your originals. If you're using a camera phone tge y are way larger than you need to post anyway so just cut the file size down by half or even 3/4. Second after you upload one go to another page and then come back and it will reset. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
19 hours ago, Felicia said:

Woohoo!  Awesome new entries!  Sorry for being behind on logging the new entries!  I will add you all to the list of contestants in the first post of this thread.

Glad to hear you're excited about this!  Great to see you stop by!  :)

Awesome!  I've got your entry and will add you to the list of contestants in the first post of this thread!

Thanks Felicia :) hey one more question. Can I have a partner in my build? @ReefWeeds has been helping me so I was hoping we could do a joint tank. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, duderubble said:

Joint tank? With reef weeds? 

313089_full.jpg

Well not those kind of weeds ?

the coral kind! Reefweeds paints coral and other stuff. Here’s one of the paintings Rachel did for me. She will be painting the base of my pico container! 

8AB575F9-9351-422D-A273-669677A3AC88.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Wow 2
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Farmboyreef said:

We’re gonna take you down, Kitty. 

ohoho - #ITSON

9 hours ago, ReefWeeds said:

Woo hooooooo!!! I’m innnnnnnn!

What he said! 

:slap:

• Haha 4
11 hours ago, Farmboyreef said:

We’re gonna take you down, Kitty. 

9 hours ago, ReefWeeds said:

Woo hooooooo!!! I’m innnnnnnn!

What he said! 

4 minutes ago, metrokat said:

ohoho - #ITSON

:slap:

:scarry: The competition is strong and we haven't even hit the entry deadline!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

I'm new to this site, but what an awesome contest!! Wish I had stumbled upon this earlier. I have a lot of learning before attempting one - I will definitely be following this!!!

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, SarahM said:

I'm new to this site, but what an awesome contest!! Wish I had stumbled upon this earlier. I have a lot of learning before attempting one - I will definitely be following this!!!

:welcome:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, SarahM said:

Hello, and welcome to Nano-Reef.com!  Did you find out about Nano-Reef because of this contest, or something else?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, seabass said:

Hello, and welcome to Nano-Reef.com!  Did you find out about Nano-Reef because of this contest, or something else?

I actually started researching nano reefs (reefs in general) and found this site. I saw the contest thread and some of the reefs being created are just amazing. So I joined and hope to learn enough to some day put one together.

10 hours ago, Nola Bear said:

:welcome:

Thanks!!

• Like 10
Christopher Marks

So many amazing entries, this is incredible!!! omgomgomg 

I wanted to share with everyone a little tip for following contest journals: You can easily view a list of all the entrants by clicking on thecontest tags.pngtag on everyone's journal. Tags are great for categorizing content! Here's a direct link for your bookmarks: https://www.nano-reef.com/tags/creative container contest/. Excluding this topic here, I count 34 entries so far, that's amazing!

Welcome to the community @SarahM! This is a great time to get into the hobby, there are so many possibilities! These picos will provide some good inspiration :) 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic