Top Shelf Aquatics

Creative Container Pico Contest - Official Announcement

Felicia

40 minutes ago, seabass said:

The bacteria need oxygen too.  That's why tanks crash when they lose power.

Thank you! That explains a lot! I thought it was because the corals couldn't handle it-died-raised no3-more dies. But this actually explains a lot!

On 2017-10-11 at 3:19 PM, LX20000 said:

Please, for the love of God, don't anybody put a fish in a 3 gallon or less sized tank.  Nothing but a concentration camp.... resist the urge to put a clown or two in just because they fit.

Has anybody talked about putting clowns in their tanks? I don’t see that anywhere. 

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Has anybody talked about putting clowns in their tanks? I don’t see that anywhere. 

No, but I was thinking that my jar would be perfect to raise clownfish fry.  Now if they would only start breeding again. :mellow:

1 minute ago, GunslingerGirl said:

I am just saying a baby mantis would be cool in one of these. Of course you would need a 5 gallon ready to go at the end to switch him to.

There are a lot of species of mantis shrimp. Maybe you can obtain one from a local aquarium store. There are species that remain tiny (1-2 inches small). 

GunslingerGirl
1 minute ago, pj86 said:

There are a lot of species of mantis shrimp. Maybe you can obtain one from a local aquarium store. There are species that remain tiny (1-2 inches small). 

My LFS only gets cured rock in. I don't think I have seen one ever in their store.. maybe a peacock.

Wennerae would be good. I know KPA collects them. I have a havensis from them awhile back.

If my tank wasn't only a gallon I would totally be doing a mantis.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Coral_chef said:

I had a 10watt aqueon heater in my tank just hooked up my inkbird. That heater was cooking my tank! 

IMG_0399.JPG

Inkbird for the win. 

Glad I won this in the nano reef 14gallom contest.

Thanks @metrokat!!

52955021549__EF513B8B-A59F-4C59-8B15-0DC9B74F26D1.JPG

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Changed my container.

Here is the official entry

Ok, I'll update the first post with the new information.

3 hours ago, cnseekatz said:

I decided I would play too! Not too much at Home Goods, but I think I can make this work!

Yay!  Glad you're joining the competition.  Looks like a nice container you picked up!  I'll add your name and a link to your thread to the list in the first post of this thread.

6 hours ago, Orangutran said:

Sorry, I changed my container. Just "upgraded" to a 1 gallon jar. ;)

No worries!  You're welcome to change until October 31st.

8 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Do we have to start a new thread if we change containers?

You can if you want, but its not required.

10 minutes ago, Droy008 said:

Well, I finally managed to pick up a 2 Gallon jar.

So now it's on like Donkey Kong!

ugnHSCp.jpg

Awesome jar!  Just post up a link to your build thread and I can officially put you on the list of contestants.

So I've seen a few people drill holes for their wiring, but I was told I couldn't drill into my head to make a lid. I am just wondering if it was the extent to which I was drilling, or is any drilling technically a no-go? It would be nice to have some clarification to modifications since a few people have already started doing them.

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic