Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Creative Container Pico Contest - Official Announcement

Felicia

9 hours ago, Felicia said:

Alright guys, you are right that we weren't being consistent on this! I'm going to go ahead and say feel free to add or change out equipment if needed. All equipment through the whole competition just has to meet the equipment rules. By October 31st, you just need to have your container and the equipment you plan to start with. However, keep in mind that you cannot change containers after the October 31st deadline. So to reiterate, no rules on adding, swapping, or removing allowed equipment after the October 31st deadline.

Yay :happydance: Because I'm so wishy washy :lol:

36 minutes ago, cnseekatz said:

Does this count as a creative container? 

22046568_1674683125877654_59711983703032

Barf :wacko:

:lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but is running a fan over the top to help lower temps allowed?

I see most people are worried about a heater but Socal doesn't really have a winter...and I don't know if I can convince the wife to run the AC for 6 months :mellow:

• Like 4
1 hour ago, SaltyBuddha said:

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but is running a fan over the top to help lower temps allowed?

I see most people are worried about a heater but Socal doesn't really have a winter...and I don't know if I can convince the wife to run the AC for 6 months :mellow:

I mean, they can’t stop you from having a fan in your room, which just so happens to be pointed at the jar...be careful with evaporation though. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SaltyBuddha said:

Yes this is allowed. Like schgr.cube mentioned, I would be more worried about evaporation with a fan. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 10/17/2017 at 2:00 AM, Felicia said:

Alright guys, you are right that we weren't being consistent on this! I'm going to go ahead and say feel free to add or change out equipment if needed. All equipment through the whole competition just has to meet the equipment rules. By October 31st, you just need to have your container and the equipment you plan to start with. However, keep in mind that you cannot change containers after the October 31st deadline. So to reiterate, no rules on adding, swapping, or removing allowed equipment after the October 31st deadline.

Just so I’m understanding as there may be a delay in getting back part of my build. If I have all the equipment and am not planning on changing containers or anything, does my tank need to be wet on the 31? I shipped out my base to @ReefWeeds and it’s a bit delayed. I know Rachel needs to paint and package it back up so I just want to make sure that if something gets delayed by a couple days after 31 I’m ok 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Friendly said:

I may have missed this, if it was addressed...but can we have more than one entry?  B) 

You may keep as many picos as you want.  However, you can only have one contest pico.  Pick your favorite before Halloween, and good luck!

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Farmboyreef said:

Just so I’m understanding as there may be a delay in getting back part of my build. If I have all the equipment and am not planning on changing containers or anything, does my tank need to be wet on the 31? I shipped out my base to @ReefWeeds and it’s a bit delayed. I know Rachel needs to paint and package it back up so I just want to make sure that if something gets delayed by a couple days after 31 I’m ok 

Nope, your pico does not have to be wet by the 31st.  You can get it wet whenever you're ready. :)

3 hours ago, Friendly said:

I may have missed this, if it was addressed...but can we have more than one entry?  B) 

Only one official entry per person.

• Like 1
On 10/15/2017 at 12:46 PM, dmw913 said:

Container acquired.  Build thread begun.  Contest entry official! :)

IMG_8208.JPG

On 10/15/2017 at 5:18 PM, Mariaface said:

@metrokat and I have joined the contest!! Wish us luck!

On 10/15/2017 at 7:37 PM, metrokat said:

Yasss. 

On 10/17/2017 at 7:06 AM, skibum513 said:

received_10155763467373875.jpeg.c2fb54e4a4767009c58508a5ca8c80b8.jpegHey well I created a tank to enter.  Check out the build thread its a sub gallon temperate vase.  

Woohoo!  Awesome new entries!  Sorry for being behind on logging the new entries!  I will add you all to the list of contestants in the first post of this thread.

12 hours ago, el fabuloso said:

What a great contest! The excitement and enthusiasm is giving me life. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! :happy:

Glad to hear you're excited about this!  Great to see you stop by!  :)

14 hours ago, lobster876 said:

alright i am officially ready to get this kicked off

Awesome!  I've got your entry and will add you to the list of contestants in the first post of this thread!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, duderubble said:

They'll drop out like flies once they see my stand. 

I look forward to seeing it. I have some ideas on a stand as well, but nothing determined yet.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

So if I change container do I need a new thread was there ever a verdict on that

You don't need a new thread.  You can continue using the current thread or start a new one.  Its up to you which you prefer.  What you will need to do is post a new photo of the new container while it is dry and with your favorite condiment in the photo.

Ok, friends.  I need a little help, please.  I just tried to post some more pics and was given notification that I can only post 6mb of photos.  I assume this is limited because I am not yet a "supporter", correct?  

Regardless, can someone please educate me on how to increase my photo limit and/or become a supporter?

Thanks!!!

Denise

Just now, dmw913 said:

Ok, friends.  I need a little help, please.  I just tried to post some more pics and was given notification that I can only post 6mb of photos.  I assume this is limited because I am not yet a "supporter", correct?  

Regardless, can someone please educate me on how to increase my photo limit and/or become a supporter?

Thanks!!!

Denise

Are you trying to post to the gallery or just link things in a forum post?

• Christopher Marks unpinned this topic