Pod Your Reef

Lumia 5.2 issues

nbpatton

Hoping someone can help me troubleshoot an issue I am having with the Lumia 5.2s. 

My setup:  I have 2 makers heat sinks with 2 lumia 5.2s each.  Each heat sink has a makersDRIVER 5 up to control the 2x lumias.  The overall configuration is controlled by a makersLED controller.  I just built the fixture less than 6 months ago.

Within the last few weeks, several channels have gone out on one of the heatsinks and I just have blues.  The other heatsink is unaffected.  While I like giving the fish the option to choose between night and day on the two halves of the tank, it is quite unsightly.  Since the entire heatsink is having issues, I assumed the problem was the 5 up driver board so I ordered a new one.  As I was about to replace it, I decided to test the voltage on the board.  I realize the PWM signal won't give me an accurate voltage, but this was a Boolean test - is there voltage or not.  To my surprise, I have readings on all channels at the output of the board.  Now I am perplexed.  Does anyone have any suggestions on additional tests to troubleshoot the issue?       

• 3 months later...
On 9/29/2017 at 8:27 AM, nbpatton said:

Hoping someone can help me troubleshoot an issue I am having with the Lumia 5.2s. 

My setup:  I have 2 makers heat sinks with 2 lumia 5.2s each.  Each heat sink has a makersDRIVER 5 up to control the 2x lumias.  The overall configuration is controlled by a makersLED controller.  I just built the fixture less than 6 months ago.

Within the last few weeks, several channels have gone out on one of the heatsinks and I just have blues.  The other heatsink is unaffected.  While I like giving the fish the option to choose between night and day on the two halves of the tank, it is quite unsightly.  Since the entire heatsink is having issues, I assumed the problem was the 5 up driver board so I ordered a new one.  As I was about to replace it, I decided to test the voltage on the board.  I realize the PWM signal won't give me an accurate voltage, but this was a Boolean test - is there voltage or not.  To my surprise, I have readings on all channels at the output of the board.  Now I am perplexed.  Does anyone have any suggestions on additional tests to troubleshoot the issue?       

Did you resolve this issue?

• Recommended Discussions