inTank Media Baskets

One Amazing Year Anniversary - Thank You!

KuruptPixel

It has been an exciting, tough, crazy busy, amazing year for me since I started this little venture. The shop has been through so many changes, 3 or 4 completely new logos and site re-designs and so many product designs came and went as I narrowed down what this is starting to become. Personally, I have been on Nano-Reef for years and knew being here made the most sense for the business. Everyone here is amazing and passionate about reefing. I love it! So much love and support from you guy's and it has been an amazing first 2 months as an official sponsor!

I started this with very little, basically zero, start up cash because I am doing it as a side project, with my own money and time, so it's been a bit slow on that front and trying to get the word out with NO advertising budget has been the biggest hurdle for sure. I found out VERY quickly that when starting a business now a days you are just a tiny, single grain of sand on the beach of this interweb.

There were many times I was discouraged and almost shut down the whole thing just because it wasn't moving fast enough. I felt like I had some good product but no one saw it or maybe no one cared. Maybe I was wrong and this wasn't good enough. My usual creative process!

Those feelings didn't last long because I do truly love this hobby and making stuff devoted to it so I knew I needed to keep going and eventually it will make it's way into the right hands. I started off, and still do, make shirts I want to wear. So even if this all goes downhill I will continue to do that... you just won't be able to buy them for yourselves!

For the last year, pretty much every night I spend drawing, designing new ideas or working on the site to make it look better or work faster. Hours upon hours each and every night is what I have put in and I still love it. My dedication, passion, love and hard work are just as strong today as ever for this little project! Not to mention the countless hours studying SEO and Facebook/Instagram just so I can get my toe in the door and get this stuff in front of the people it needs to be in front of - this amazing reef tank community!

I have a ton of plans for the future with lots of new designs and products on the way. I am truly grateful to all of you who supported me, either through buying a shirt or even just commenting and letting me know you like what I am doing. It means so much to me and I appreciate all of it. I have gotten lots of emails from people who took the time out of their lives just to write to me and let me know how cool they think it is and how much they love what I am doing and to keep going. I can't even tell you what that means to me. So thank you.

Keep an eye out and tell your fellow reefin' friends about The Salt Tank Society and I promise to keep at it and always bring you fresh, creative designs for the reef addict in all of us! Thank you! Thank you!

Thank You!

• Like 3
9 hours ago, TILTON said:

Any SPS designs coming?  Like SPS junkie, or colored sticks or something with a sps theme?

Yes! I actually do have a few on the way! I actually launched with a design called 'Agropora' so I will be bringing that back as well.

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
1 minute ago, KuruptPixel said:

Yes! I actually do have a few on the way! I actually launched with a design called 'Agropora' so I will be bringing that back as well.

Sweet!  

I have had a few comments on the Salt Creep and King Zoo shirts I bought from you. I like the fact that not everyone and their brother have them on at reef events.  :)

5 hours ago, Boggers said:

I have had a few comments on the Salt Creep and King Zoo shirts I bought from you. I like the fact that not everyone and their brother have them on at reef events.  :)

Nice! Glad to hear it! My next step is to make it to some shows and set up a booth!

(Also, I am still drawing up your NAR tees!)

Christopher Marks

Congratulations on your first year Cory, you've built something really awesome from the ground up and your passion truly shows in your work! There's nothing better as a designer than when you get to share your work with others, I look forward to seeing your new designs and illustrations for years to come. Thank you for supporting the community!

• Like 1

I hope nobody tells Disney about your Salt Creep. looks much like the Emperor and could give you take down/cease & desist notice!  :lol:  

• Like 1
  • Recommended Discussions