Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The frogfish tank: Equipment ordered!

YaBoyLaj

On 10/7/2017 at 3:18 PM, ThePaontedFrogfish said:

Ok that's the best thing I've ever seen :D I feel like ZoaCollector would be the best option along with LA, does he ever get solitary pygmys? It seems like he only gets pairs

I asked him to bring in as many as he could haha. He said he's going to try, but it's hard to find them. I specifically said I wanted a red one, which he says is even harder to find. I don't think he specifically only brings in pairs, but in the past I think that was more often the case. Let's cross our fingers!

2 minutes ago, kinetic said:

I asked him to bring in as many as he could haha. He said he's going to try, but it's hard to find them. I specifically said I wanted a red one, which he says is even harder to find. I don't think he specifically only brings in pairs, but in the past I think that was more often the case. Let's cross our fingers!

I've been crossing my fingers since I bought the tank haha! Thanks for the help! :D

6 minutes ago, samnaz said:

Following. Anglers are my fav.

Saaammmmeeee

Ok, so the tank will be getting set up this week! On Thursday I will be purchasing the sand, rock and light (maybe) I just want to get the thing cycling so if a pygmy becomes available I can snag it immediately. I'll get a FTS up asap

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ThePaontedFrogfish said:

Saaammmmeeee

Ok, so the tank will be getting set up this week! On Thursday I will be purchasing the sand, rock and light (maybe) I just want to get the thing cycling so if a pygmy becomes available I can snag it immediately. I'll get a FTS up asap

Just saw Marine Depot with a sale on rock if you're looking:

https://www.marinedepot.com/search?tag=rocktoberfest-2017

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
pappadumplingz

Gonna have to give this one a follow. Always wanted a pygmy angler, but they are too few and far between here, plus now they are really pricey, I guess due to demand.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Guys, Diver's Den has two Pygmy Anglers coming today. Tuberosus and Linearis! Who's going to get them?

I want either, but I'm out of town this week, so I can't bring them in =(

On 9/12/2018 at 11:31 AM, kinetic said:

Guys, Diver's Den has two Pygmy Anglers coming today. Tuberosus and Linearis! Who's going to get them?

I want either, but I'm out of town this week, so I can't bring them in =(

They are still available, if you're still after them. 

I was considering but at that price point for that color...at $250 a piece, its a pill a bit too hard to swallow. 

That orange commersoni is fair game. But I literally have the same thing but in the smaller painted variety. 

@kinetic make sure to blog it if you end up scoring one of them. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, RustyRocket said:

They are still available, if you're still after them. 

I was considering but at that price point for that color...at $250 a piece, its a pill a bit too hard to swallow. 

That orange commersoni is fair game. But I literally have the same thing but in the smaller painted variety. 

@kinetic make sure to blog it if you end up scoring one of them. 

I'm with you. The linearis looks nice, but I was hoping for a deep red one.

I'll probably start slowly piecing my tank together (a 2.6gallon that will be plumbed into my much larger system) and then just wait for the perfect moment.

1 minute ago, kinetic said:

I'm with you. The linearis looks nice, but I was hoping for a deep red one.

I'll probably start slowly piecing my tank together (a 2.6gallon that will be plumbed into my much larger system) and then just wait for the perfect moment.

@kineticYeah that little top off container in the red sea reefer right? Saw you mention a thread of modding that into a mini refugium, then chucking a frogfish in there on your build thread and loved the idea. Would like to see that come into fruition. Have you tried speaking to the guys down in Aqua Collection to see if you can order in a linearis? They might be able to get one in but not sure of a specific color. 

Btw we probably should talk on your thread, this guy is getting some random chatter on his xD! You know any frag swaps or meetings going on in the area? I've been here for 11 months and had only been to 1 meet up in Sac. How are there not many meets with the amount of reefers around the bay!

5 hours ago, RustyRocket said:

@kineticYeah that little top off container in the red sea reefer right? Saw you mention a thread of modding that into a mini refugium, then chucking a frogfish in there on your build thread and loved the idea. Would like to see that come into fruition. Have you tried speaking to the guys down in Aqua Collection to see if you can order in a linearis? They might be able to get one in but not sure of a specific color. 

Btw we probably should talk on your thread, this guy is getting some random chatter on his xD! You know any frag swaps or meetings going on in the area? I've been here for 11 months and had only been to 1 meet up in Sac. How are there not many meets with the amount of reefers around the bay!

It's actually a different tank. The topoff reservoir is probably closer to 1 gallon or less. If you click my AquaMaxx 2.5 Betta tank, you'll see it. The betta unfortunately passed, so now I have an empty tank. I think a pygmy angler would do well in a smaller tank so that it doesn't get lost in a larger one, but still benefit from the bioload capacity of a larger system.

I'll message you separately 😉