Coral Vue Hydros

What is my cyphastrea doing?

Angry-Monkey

It is feeding on particulates in the water column.  They like to be fed often.  I feed twice per week, once with Reef Roids and once with Phytofeast.  I also feed larger-mouthed corals with thawed mysis twice per week on different days so the small mouthed corals get particulates from those in the thawed water.

21 minutes ago, OldManSea said:

It is feeding on particulates in the water column.  They like to be fed often.  I feed twice per week, once with Reef Roids and once with Phytofeast.  I also feed larger-mouthed corals with thawed mysis twice per week on different days so the small mouthed corals get particulates from those in the thawed water.

Cool thanks! I thought it might be something along those lines but they didn't do that when I fed them reefroids a couple days ago.

• 3 weeks later...
Angry-Monkey

Different question now. Can I peel the cyphastrea off of the frag plug it is on? I really don't like the shape of the rock it is currently on but I don't want to damage it...

MainelyReefer

It looks to have begun encrusting the plug, but if there ever was a time to remove it from the plug now would be it as that growth will only make it more difficult down the road, I use a butter knife and wedge between the body of the coral and the plug.  If you damage it you will likely just have two frags, free coral!