RubenZ

Need Ideas on a Simple Filtration setup for 46G Bow

Hey all,

I have my Spec V doing nicely in my office at work and now I want to work on a 46G bow front I have at home. I'd really like to keep this tank mainly Coral and possibly a few little fish, peppermint shrimp,and snail.  The Stand I made for it is more for support and looks rather than functionality so there is no way I can even fit any type of fuge, filtration etc inside cabinet. 

My main question is, can I get by on a 46 Gallon with a larger Aquaclear HOB setup with some Filter Floss, Bio, and Purigen and call it a day?   will I need a skimmer, overflow, etc. 

On 9/21/2017 at 10:25 AM, RubenZ said:

Hey all,

I have my Spec V doing nicely in my office at work and now I want to work on a 46G bow front I have at home. I'd really like to keep this tank mainly Coral and possibly a few little fish, peppermint shrimp,and snail.  The Stand I made for it is more for support and looks rather than functionality so there is no way I can even fit any type of fuge, filtration etc inside cabinet. 

My main question is, can I get by on a 46 Gallon with a larger Aquaclear HOB setup with some Filter Floss, Bio, and Purigen and call it a day?   will I need a skimmer, overflow, etc. 

Yes, I think that can work.  You can use a Prizm Pro hob skimmer.  Its not the best but if you are only having a few small fish then it should be ok.

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions