inTank Media Baskets

rodi unit

reef keeper1200

I wouldn't reccomend that unit based on proprietary filters and the actual filter capacity being lower than a standard 2.5x10 filter in a housing.  This hobby tends to be a long term investment and the production of RODI water should be not be a skimped out portion of that investment in my opinion.  If you are going to go with that unit based on price, I encourage you to find the replacement filters cost compared to other units as that would be a main concern of mine.  You get what you pay for and the system mentioned is a little to cheap to be getting a good long life unit.  You should always have redundancy in a DI unit too, meaning two DI filters which this lacks as well which will make it difficult to always achieve 0tds. Verdict: expect to pay more to do the job right.

If you want to pay $20+ shipping, I'll ship you a RO/DI unit.  It needs new seals and all new filters and membrane but that will all be less than $75 shipped from BRS.  I'll even include a refillable DI stage with 1/2 used DI resin.  (Buy a spare pack of DI resin when you get the filters)

Stay away from proprietary filter systems.   

I run a 135 gallon reef and use a 25GPD membrane.  It makes more than enough for my needs.  

I was going to use a cheaper rodi and after much research and the help of other members, I decided to continue using distilled while I saved for a better quality RODI.

The cheaper units end up costing more in replacing filters and membranes more often and they exhaust faster, they also are often limited to only their filters which can be limiting. 

If you can get a refurbished spectrapure, that would be a really good one to get.