Cultivated Reef

AI prime HD LED fan not working

Mps

Hi all, 

I've noticed over the last few days that my AI Prime HD LED light has been going into thermal cool down mode every so often and the fan is not coming on my settings are

uv, v, ry and b are  at 60%

g 5%

red 15%

cw 25%

i've had the light probably about a month and a half

as I type this the light just went into thermal cool down for the third time in the last hour

has anyone else run into this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

I know with the Ai Prime, some ppl had issues with the fans due to some sort of damage during shipping.

I would contact AI.

I dust my fan grill every week and use compressed air to clean the fan through the grill. Dust buildup can cause issues with the fan but yours is only a month old so I doubt it's that

Thanks!!! I actually emailed them and they got back to me within an hour! I was shocked, I don't think I have ever gotten such a quick response from anyone! The guy that is helping me asked for my information so I'm thinking they're going to send me a replacement, if they do it'll be, by far, the best costumer service I have ever received!!

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Mps said:

Thanks!!! I actually emailed them and they got back to me within an hour! I was shocked, I don't think I have ever gotten such a quick response from anyone! The guy that is helping me asked for my information so I'm thinking they're going to send me a replacement, if they do it'll be, by far, the best costumer service I have ever received!!

And this is why I Only use AI Lighting. They have a quality product and even Better customer service.. I am sure you will be taken care of ???

1 hour ago, Mps said:

I found they have excellent customer service.

I emailed them about cleaning the fan, I got a response the next day with instructions. I was very impressed.

Aqueon also has very good customer service.

1 hour ago, Dougefresh35 said:

Clown you said you clean the grill cover so what is it you clean it with? Rag or brush etc. can you go into a little more detail on how clean the fan. Thanks

I place a cloth over my tank So no dust gets in and I dust the grill every week with a swiffer duster. Alot of dust builds on mine.

Once a month I cover the tank and use the compressed air can to blow into the grill. This was the direction given by AI