Coral Vue Hydros

Fluval Sea EVO 13.5 - First Saltwater tank

aerotiy

1 hour ago, Lugmos12 said:

How much was the lid?

It was $135 shipped, but the feed door was an extra $25 so without it, would have been $110. Cable cutouts were free

• Like 1

Final fish addition - a tiny little neon goby who got into trouble the first day by somehow making his way into the first filter chamber underneath the protein skimmer. I’ll have to get something for the intake so he can’t do that anymore <_<

1DA2EC72-093B-455E-8162-A31405A83F15.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Lost both my firefish and the blasto coral since the last post ? it sucks because I thought that I was doing everything right, testing every 5 days and never slacking on my maintenance. Happy everyone else seems to be good. I’m wondering if I should move my Duncan coral up from the sand bed?81A5F910-BF56-4E4F-9DCA-E5DE5CDA03D7.thumb.jpeg.4ec734d98cb335264321c81029c74ef1.jpeg

7E0517C9-2BA6-4647-833F-698A9DCBF3DC.jpeg

• Sad 1

Also loving my skimmer upgrade. After weeks of fighting with my Fluval PS2 I changed it out to a reef glass Nano skimmer. So much easier to adjust the water level and air flow.The air pump is quieter and I’ve already got some decent skimmate after just 4 days.

C7F77687-26FE-4C11-9CC4-E8E659B021D0.jpeg

CB24926E-E9BC-48F3-B28E-99A75140D7E1.jpeg

1EE81F0D-322B-4AA3-94C4-8DA637166283.jpeg

2 hours ago, Coral_chef said:

sorry to hear of your loss,

tank looks like its progressing nicely though!

I appreciate that. It was definitely hard but it was also a learning opportunity. I got (hopefully) more accurate test kits from Salifert and am monitoring everything even more closely. My surviving corals are open and vibrant and the fish and shrimp are all hungry and readily eating so I’m grateful for that! I’ll continue posting pics as things grow ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, PshThisGuy said:

Great looking tank and the top is really nice, but pricey. Love the progression. Any updates? 

Thanks! Yeah the top was pricey but I'm not too handy and the one I tried to make from a kit just detracted from the overall appearance of the tank so I didn't mind paying someone with experience to do it. I haven't really noticed any coral growth but it's only been a few months and I'm still getting a handle on keeping parameters stable. The clowns are mostly friends, however the orange one does like to chase the black one and steal food, I hope that's normal. Haven't lost any livestock since the blast/firefish fiasco and corals are open and extended every morning, so I take those as good signs!

On 1/9/2018 at 7:58 PM, aerotiy said:

Thanks! Yeah the top was pricey but I'm not too handy and the one I tried to make from a kit just detracted from the overall appearance of the tank so I didn't mind paying someone with experience to do it. I haven't really noticed any coral growth but it's only been a few months and I'm still getting a handle on keeping parameters stable. The clowns are mostly friends, however the orange one does like to chase the black one and steal food, I hope that's normal. Haven't lost any livestock since the blast/firefish fiasco and corals are open and extended every morning, so I take those as good signs!

Thanks for the update. The new lid looks good. I got a new light, and had to get rid of the lid. The water evaporates faster than I'd like. I found Acrylic Sheet Glass at Home Depo, and some clips to hang it. Going to make a temp. top until I can get some glass cut from a local store. 

Hopefully you start noticing growth with your coral soon. Keep those updates coming =D 

• Like 1