SaltCritters.com

Penny's Planted Pursuit

Pjanssen

1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

I like the driftwood..... and the Gouramis.  They might be my favorite FW fish.  I had a huge Pink Kisser that died a few years ago and I was so bummed...... that was the beginning of the end of my 75 Gallon FW. 

IMG_2917.JPG

Sorry about your Gourami :(. Plan is to add a couple more, and then maybe a school of some kind of tetras and/or tiger barbs. I'm also looking at rainbow fish, rasboras, and non aggressive cichlids. I like your tank, and your little "no cat's!!" sign (But don't tell @Felicia :o)

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Sorry about your Gourami :(. Plan is to add a couple more, and then maybe a school of some kind of tetras and/or tiger barbs. I'm also looking at rainbow fish, rasboras, and non aggressive cichlids. I like your tank, and your little "no cat's!!" sign (But don't tell @Felicia :o)

Haha! No cats signs are totally acceptable if they're inside the tank. Lily might need the reminder. She did fall into my 30 gallon once which insanely messy and resulted in a very unhappy Lily.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

Cardinal Tetras would look awesome in there.  

• Like 3

I love my rasboras. I like a good school of small, active fish. I like the activity. But I'm thinking of thinning out my lemon tetras and getting something else. I started with a school of five about 10-12 years ago. Now I've got 30 or 40. 

My favorite gouramis are pearls. But I also like platinums. Dwarfs. And...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Thunder Goose said:

I love my rasboras. I like a good school of small, active fish. I like the activity. But I'm thinking of thinning out my lemon tetras and getting something else. I started with a school of five about 10-12 years ago. Now I've got 30 or 40. 

My favorite gouramis are pearls. But I also like platinums. Dwarfs. And...

Wow! Did you intentionally breed your tetras?

• Like 1
Just now, Pjanssen said:

Wow! Did you intentionally breed your tetras?

Nope. Just put 'em together and let them do as they pleased. I've had emperor  tetras breed (not not as profusely) and my green cories have tripled in number. A heavily planted tank gives the hatchlings hiding places and food. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

I might suggest a shoal of cory cats, they are the cutest with their little whiskers!  And there's so many kinds, I love the albinos and pygmies.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I might suggest a shoal of cory cats, they are the cutest with their little whiskers!  And there's so many kinds, I love the albinos and pygmies.

definitely plan on albinos. They will look awesome against the black substrate. How many are a shoal?:unsure:

• Like 1

Corydoras are one of my favorite freshwater fish.  The albinos will definitely look awesome against the black substrate.  The pandas are another of my favorites.  You could have quite a few in a 55 gallon!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

definitely plan on albinos. They will look awesome against the black substrate. How many are a shoal?:unsure:

Erm, 5-6+ I think?  Not sure.  Haha.  They can be kept in trios but I saw a youtube video where the gal had a tank full of cories and they were all swimming together and it was SO cute!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Erm, 5-6+ I think?  Not sure.  Haha.  They can be kept in trios but I saw a youtube video where the gal had a tank full of cories and they were all swimming together and it was SO cute!

I'm sure 5-6 would be fine in your tank. I'd like to tell you how many I have but I'm not sure since they keep breeding and my tank is very heavily planted. #NotSoHumbleBrag

• Like 2