Innovative Marine Aquariums

pc/led 14g biocube

dadummy

hey there,

Is anyone still running power compacts in their nano's? Just picked up a 14g Biocube for stupid cheap, the blue bulb is shot, and the 10k needs replaced. I can remove the bulbs and through in a DIY LED heatsink, forget what's exactly on it. Two Vero 10 90-95 CRI, 2 lime, 4 UV 420-430nm?, 2 cyan, 9 RB/B?.  The light came off a 20 gallon and was replaced with T5/LED combo. Will be breaking that tank down and converting to the 14g.  I am hesitant to go all LED on this tank and contemplating leaving the pc bulbs in and retrofitting some RB LED @ 700ma if the burn up quickly due to heat can run them at 350ma. I have a few nice bta's that I feel would benefit from whatever wavelength is missing in the LED's.  Would also like to grow a few nice chalice out as long as the toby's cooperate, so far zoas have been snacks. I am not interested in removing the cover, nor purchasing a new light. I have a 29g Biocube as well with a couple BTA , rock flowers, mini maxi and zoas. The tank is all LED and zoas don't look as big, colorful, and grow as fast as they do in the stock tank that is lit by T5. 

The big question is are there any other bulbs out there these days besides Odyssea and Coralife?. Finnex seems to make, hopefully,  a true actinic 24w pc but cannot find it. Has anyone used the cheaper Odyssea bulbs, if so reviews?

any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful

hoping to progress back to the way the old 12g Aquapod looked

6287813824_06dc350dd7_b.jpgPicture 006 by daddeee, on Flickr

thanks for your time

Thrassian Atoll
1 hour ago, dadummy said:

yea, they still sell them, all I can find is Coralife and Oddysea bulbs though

Thats surprising.  I didn't think they were still around.  Even halides are becoming extinct.  Can you retrofit a T5 LED combo?