inTank Media Baskets

bluebastion's Evo 13.5

bluebastion

Christopher Marks
On 2/15/2018 at 6:06 PM, bluebastion said:

I am updating to let you all know that tomorrow I will be finally receiving my pre-order of the Icecap 1k gyre... and I'm super excited!

What do you think of the new 1K gyre pump? Any photos for scale?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys.. I’ve been so busy I still haven’t put the gyre in my tank.  Here are pictures I took about 2 weeks ago before I left for a week long business trip:

29w7atd.jpg

20j2uc9.jpg

nobpfs.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
bluebastion
On 5/25/2018 at 12:54 PM, Christopher Marks said:

Hey @bluebastion, hope you're well! How's your nano reef doing these days? 

I've been extremely busy the past year..... new baby, added job, etc.... so sorry for the delay!

Not sure where my second wind came from, but I'm back at it again with my nano.  The colors on my corals are coming back in (they started to turn a bit pale), so I'll post some pics when they are in a better condition.  Also, I recently added a Walt Disney acro to the tank-  Yes, I know it's crazy.

Vinegar dosing has started... and I've got a Reef Glass skimmer on order.

I'll get pics up in the next month or so.  I promise.

• 7 months later...
VM_SaltwaterAddict
On 3/19/2019 at 7:14 PM, MInanoTank said:

Did you ever get that Icecap 1k installed?   I'm considering one for my EVO, just not sure how it would fit in the tank ...

I was also curious to see the icecap installed. I happen to come across a youtube video with the Icecap 1k in a fluval evo. Here it is

• 2 months later...

he has to be running that at 10% all the time.  I bought one last black friday for my Evo, and put it back in the box after 20 minutes.  I'll hold it for when I get a bigger tank.  There are other much smaller controllable options for our tanks (non-gyre).