Cultivated Reef

SKYYE LED 18?

TheBig053

Does anyone have any experience with this light? Its being sold with an IM 10 fusion that I am going to purchase locally. Just reading the specs, it doesnt seem like it would be powerful enough for SPS and I cant find a whole lot about it online. Was wondering if anyone can share their firsthand experience with this light.

https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/skkye-led-light-18-watt-clamp-innovative-marine/?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsav_tMCp1gIVlFuGCh0U_wUHEAQYAiABEgJsvvD_BwE

Thanks!

You can do softies and lps that like lower lighting. 

the light is pretty out dated, no programming. The light spread is week too, lots of shadow. For free it's good enough until you upgrade. 

I had it and switched to an aquamaxx.

1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

You can do softies and lps that like lower lighting. 

the light is pretty out dated, no programming. The light spread is week too, lots of shadow. For free it's good enough until you upgrade. 

I had it and switched to an aquamaxx.

Add nps too, I hear those things love that light. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks again for the input everyone. Don't have to worry about this light anymore since the seller disappeared on me shortly before we were supposed to meet up. I am moving forward with a different plan for a spare 20L I have stashed in my basement. It's a good thing I am saving some money on the tank because the lighting just became considerably more expensive, hah!