Jackal227

Jackal's Biocube 16 LED

Jackal227

What I believed to be a Chiton hitchhiker turns out to be more than one.  Here's two next to each other:

spacer.png

The corals continue to grow steadily.  The colors on this Favia are really starting to show.  The variation from green to yellow to red is growing on me:

spacer.png

I really like the unique coloration of this Favia, however the constant sweepers make me respect it's space.  Currently it's the only aggressive coral that I've seen:

spacer.png

The War Coral continues to expand:

spacer.png

The Monti Cap had grown enough that I could frag a few pieces off and glue them down around it.  My hope is that they will grow together in a nice spiral pattern.

spacer.png

Otherwise the tank has been holding steady.  I've been playing whack-a-mole with a few aiptasia and pulling out a bit of hair algae, but overall things have been going good.

• Like 4
  • Wow 2

Krish87
2 hours ago, Jackal227 said:

What I believed to be a Chiton hitchhiker turns out to be more than one.  Here's two next to each other:

spacer.png

The corals continue to grow steadily.  The colors on this Favia are really starting to show.  The variation from green to yellow to red is growing on me:

spacer.png

I really like the unique coloration of this Favia, however the constant sweepers make me respect it's space.  Currently it's the only aggressive coral that I've seen:

spacer.png

The War Coral continues to expand:

spacer.png

The Monti Cap had grown enough that I could frag a few pieces off and glue them down around it.  My hope is that they will grow together in a nice spiral pattern.

spacer.png

Otherwise the tank has been holding steady.  I've been playing whack-a-mole with a few aiptasia and pulling out a bit of hair algae, but overall things have been going good.

The Monti is my favorite! Although of a singular color pattern, it is absolutely majestic. The Favia colors are also very beautiful. Looking forward to see the Montis grow!!!

• Like 1

Jackal227
8 hours ago, Krish87 said:

The Monti is my favorite! Although of a singular color pattern, it is absolutely majestic. The Favia colors are also very beautiful. Looking forward to see the Montis grow!!!

My camera doesn't capture it well but that Monti has a purple rim that looks really nice with the bright green.  The tiny polyps have a bit of color as well.  Here's a picture from the reef builders website that shows how it looks in person although much larger:

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

billygoat

Seems bizarre that I have never commented on this thread before, but what a wonderful aquarium you have going here! I am very impressed by everything you've got going on. That huge Cespitularia colony right smack in the middle of everything is stunning!

• Like 1

Jackal227
4 hours ago, billygoat said:

Seems bizarre that I have never commented on this thread before, but what a wonderful aquarium you have going here! I am very impressed by everything you've got going on. That huge Cespitularia colony right smack in the middle of everything is stunning!

Thank you!  The Cespitularia just won't stop growing which is why I had to move it to the sandbed.  It fills the whole bottom third of the tank.  I'm going to have to frag it again soon but I guess that's a good problem to have.

Kup612

I love this forum so I thought I would ask here for help , I’ve been traveling a lot this summer and my tank has developed two items that I need help with . #1 green algae attack ( how do I get rid of ) #2 some weird creature that I can’t identify . Hopefully you guys can assist and advise thanks . 

61556A97-797B-41BB-AAF8-8604C3DB8A99.jpeg

526E4991-1DC0-4EA4-8F9C-D7B4035FEA7D.jpeg

Jackal227
1 hour ago, Kup612 said:

I love this forum so I thought I would ask here for help , I’ve been traveling a lot this summer and my tank has developed two items that I need help with . #1 green algae attack ( how do I get rid of ) #2 some weird creature that I can’t identify . Hopefully you guys can assist and advise thanks . 

61556A97-797B-41BB-AAF8-8604C3DB8A99.jpeg

526E4991-1DC0-4EA4-8F9C-D7B4035FEA7D.jpeg

It's hard to tell from the 1st picture but it looks like it may be some green turf algae.  Is it localized to that one spot?  If it is I would remove the rock from the tank and try to manually scrape it off.

The second one looks like a bristle worm.  They are common and will eat detritus.  Just don't touch them with bare hands.

• Like 1