Jackal227

Jackal's Biocube 16 LED

Cpl_Wiggles

I'm actually considering installing an IceProbe Thermoelectric chiller - my setup has been hanging around 84 this last week (been above 100 degrees F here in the Valley) - with my A/C on! I've been propping the hood slightly open and running a small fan across the top but I would like something a little more durable/reliable. I also have the Steve's LED upgrade so the 42W lights put out a little more heat. 

I too, add about 1/2 gallon (2L) of water with a 1/4 tsp of KH Buffer in the middle of the week in addition to my weekend 2.5 gallon (9-10L) water changes. 

*EDIT* checked salinity after posting this and salinity is 1.0255 - so loss isn't too bad. 

The IceProbe would go into Chamber 1 on the right side - I just have to bring myself to drill a 1-1/4" hole in the side of my tank. 💀

• Like 1

Jackal227
9 hours ago, Cpl_Wiggles said:

I'm actually considering installing an IceProbe Thermoelectric chiller - my setup has been hanging around 84 this last week (been above 100 degrees F here in the Valley) - with my A/C on! I've been propping the hood slightly open and running a small fan across the top but I would like something a little more durable/reliable. I also have the Steve's LED upgrade so the 42W lights put out a little more heat. 

I too, add about 1/2 gallon (2L) of water with a 1/4 tsp of KH Buffer in the middle of the week in addition to my weekend 2.5 gallon (9-10L) water changes. 

*EDIT* checked salinity after posting this and salinity is 1.0255 - so loss isn't too bad. 

The IceProbe would go into Chamber 1 on the right side - I just have to bring myself to drill a 1-1/4" hole in the side of my tank. 💀

That's an interesting chiller. 

@banasophia uses one where I believe that the hoses route through the holes in the lid instead of having to drill the glass.

Cpl_Wiggles
On 6/14/2019 at 7:55 PM, Jackal227 said:

That's an interesting chiller. 

@banasophia uses one where I believe that the hoses route through the holes in the lid instead of having to drill the glass.

Yes this is true. But also necessitates an additional pump.

• Like 1

vlangel

I love your scape and when the coral grow out some this tank will be amazing.  Well done.

• Like 1

Jackal227
11 hours ago, vlangel said:

I love your scape and when the coral grow out some this tank will be amazing.  Well done.

Thank you.  I'm pretty happy with all of the corals right now and I really look forward to watching them grow in.

• Like 1

Jackal227

During maintenance today I found some new hitchhikers.  I found a tiny oval shaped flat creature crawling on the glass.  Looking at pictures online I believe that it may be a Chiton.  It was too small to get a decent picture of.

However, while looking at the rocks I found this guy crawling out of a hole:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The bristle worm is pretty small but it's the first time I've seen one in the tank.  I enjoy seeing the different biodiversity.  There's always something new to look at.

• Like 2

Krish87
1 hour ago, Jackal227 said:

During maintenance today I found some new hitchhikers.  I found a tiny oval shaped flat creature crawling on the glass.  Looking at pictures online I believe that it may be a Chiton.  It was too small to get a decent picture of.

However, while looking at the rocks I found this guy crawling out of a hole:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The bristle worm is pretty small but it's the first time I've seen one in the tank.  I enjoy seeing the different biodiversity.  There's always something new to look at.

I have one guy who is always out when its feeding time! Very interesting behavior. I do have some flatworms and I found it out only when I saw that my leather coral was all closed. Found some brown spots on it and bam - it was indeed flatworms. I carefully siphoned all of them out and no sign of any from the past week. But as a word of caution - I think I need to get Salifert Flatform exit in case there are more that show up down the road.

Jackal227
6 hours ago, Krish87 said:

I have one guy who is always out when its feeding time! Very interesting behavior. I do have some flatworms and I found it out only when I saw that my leather coral was all closed. Found some brown spots on it and bam - it was indeed flatworms. I carefully siphoned all of them out and no sign of any from the past week. But as a word of caution - I think I need to get Salifert Flatform exit in case there are more that show up down the road.

The one that I saw looks pretty close to this:

spacer.png

That's a picture of one on an algae magnet for size reference.

• Like 1