Pod Your Reef

The Fools Reef ... The final 2.5 gallon long pico

TheRope

Christopher Marks

What a roller coaster of emotions this month, so sorry to hear about the crash, that’s heartbreaking 😔

I’m glad you won’t let it get you down, the palythoa bowl is a great idea for moving forward.

I’m going to be leery of leather corals now, damn! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So sorry to hear about your crash... my tank has been having some issues over the past couple weeks as well... I really like your perspective on it, and your paly rebuild looks beautiful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys! I'm kinda happy with the direction its going, cant wait to add to my garden 🙂

Oh p.s, the pipe fish and all inverts are doing incredibly well! 

• Like 6

On the rock of palys there's a beautiful colony of bright green colonial hydroids which are very slow growing as they have a calcified tube and I'm really happy I place em in the front as they look so good in the flow! 

Also the anemone is recovering super well from the crash, missing a couple of tentacles but doing well other than that!

20190414_140112-03.jpeg

20190414_135943-02.jpeg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

I like the sound of rock flower anemones in there! Glad to see the recovery is progressing well.

I wasnt sure if it would destroy the concept but i think itll look pretty awesome and the rfas are very tough!

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Tempestas said:

Love them. The pale pink one on the right looks especially delicate

My lady chose that one haha (also happened to be the most expensive)

• Haha 1

Last nights fts! 

Still waiting on my captain jerk palys to color up and get back to their old selves. Theyre still damaged from the crash, but they'll get there (theyre all open just not yellow and not as big) 

20190422_214419-01.jpeg

• Like 6
1 hour ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Looking so good!  I’m drooling over those RFA’s 😍. Mine is poop brown 🤣

Haha thanks, these weren't even the ultra rfas there were some that had 3-4 colors and were stupid bright. "Ultra's rock nems"... Also ultra expensive 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It was sad removing my very long list of coral from the original post, but it is what it is. 

Heres some recent pics. 

I recently tried adding a baby captive bred clown Fish... He got eaten alive the first day by my pompom adding any small enough fish to live in a bowl is pointless with my evil crab... 

20190519_135615-02.jpeg

20190519_135727-01.jpeg

20190519_135710-01.jpeg

20190517_170551-01.jpeg

20190517_170706-01.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Wow 2
banasophia
13 hours ago, TheRope said:

It was sad removing my very long list of coral from the original post, but it is what it is. 

Heres some recent pics. 

I recently tried adding a baby captive bred clown Fish... He got eaten alive the first day by my pompom adding any small enough fish to live in a bowl is pointless with my evil crab... 

20190519_135615-02.jpeg

20190519_135727-01.jpeg

20190519_135710-01.jpeg

20190517_170551-01.jpeg

20190517_170706-01.jpeg

Such a bummer about that little fish. 😞 That’s definitely a tough thing about this hobby... we can’t always predict how our livestock will interact with each other, I lost a baby fish I introduced this week as well, and I know it’s pretty heartbreaking. Your Pompom is a badass little crab though, he was just doing what came naturally. 

The bowl is looking amazing; I especially love your red mushroom!!!

• Thanks 1

Spring is a really busy time for me and I could barely keep up with my own tanks and threads so I had missed the toxin episode in your bowl.  I was sad to read that but you and your bowl have a resilience that is admirable.  I really like the new direction that you have taken it in with tough little coral and a tough little pom pom, LOL.  Its quite stunning and perhaps even more inspirational for having endured ups and downs!

• Like 3
On 5/20/2019 at 3:50 AM, banasophia said:

Such a bummer about that little fish. 😞 That’s definitely a tough thing about this hobby... we can’t always predict how our livestock will interact with each other, I lost a baby fish I introduced this week as well, and I know it’s pretty heartbreaking. Your Pompom is a badass little crab though, he was just doing what came naturally. 

The bowl is looking amazing; I especially love your red mushroom!!!

Definitely cannot predict hahaha! But now I can... No more fish snacks for her!

21 hours ago, vlangel said:

Spring is a really busy time for me and I could barely keep up with my own tanks and threads so I had missed the toxin episode in your bowl.  I was sad to read that but you and your bowl have a resilience that is admirable.  I really like the new direction that you have taken it in with tough little coral and a tough little pom pom, LOL.  Its quite stunning and perhaps even more inspirational for having endured ups and downs!

that means so much to me haha! I went from wanting to keep hard coral in a bowl to just keeping simplistic stuff and for some reason enjoying it more, the coral let me skip out on waterchanges sometimes without even a bit of a fuss 😍

• Like 2

Some full tank shots yesterday before a w.c 🙂

trying to add more to a tank has never been so difficult! Its so packed! 

20190522_183834-01.jpeg

20190522_183018-01.jpeg

20190522_183827-01.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1