Cultivated Reef

The Fools Reef ... The final 2.5 gallon long pico

TheRope

Was curious to see what my reef looks like under white light now, since ive seen a lot of people have their picos under similar high white low blues. This is the original light. The one i started with. I personally like how it looks more under the white light. But the abi tuna blue is a proven light that works wonders so functionality over beauty :)

• Like 1

You see i like it visually but the reason i switched is because my blood red acans turned green and everything was gerting discolored... i put in the abi, though i dont like the hue of blue it really made the corals fill out and grow! Maybe my light was just shit XD 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TheRope said:

You see i like it visually but the reason i switched is because my blood red acans turned green and everything was gerting discolored... i put in the abi, though i dont like the hue of blue it really made the corals fill out and grow! Maybe my light was just shit XD 

Actually I had red acans turn orange so maybe you are on to something.  All my other coral seem ok but they really aren't the type to change color.

• Like 1

Did 2 more waterchanges and everything is under controle!! Bingo. ALSOOOOOOO 

Sooo today will be fun. I just recieved the cascade 170, it fits in the palm of my hand. Im using this to add extra flow in the tank but i may test its claims on added colonization of beneficial aerobic bacteria. My pico has absolutely no problem sustaining itself without a filter. But i cannot seem to get the flow i want and woth the added air induction system this looks like itll do the trick!!!

IMG_20180218_104743_682.jpg

20180218_104202.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ReefMagix said:

Thats a lot of flow. I tried the smaller turtle filters they actually produce a good amount of flow and no internal motor. I changed the carbon out for biomedia.

So far the corals are all open and loving it its been 8 hours! Temp only went up by .8 degrees so for me right now this is awesome. Also i wouldnt be able to rig that external filter you mention on my jar due to the lid.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, TheRope said:

So far the corals are all open and loving it its been 8 hours! Temp only went up by .8 degrees so for me right now this is awesome. Also i wouldnt be able to rig that external filter you mention on my jar due to the lid.

it is an internal filter not external. I had mine fully submerged at the bottom of the 2g jar. but had to modify with a tunze magnet to attach it. Sounds like yours is working pretty good as is though.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ReefMagix said:

it is an internal filter not external. I had mine fully submerged at the bottom of the 2g jar. but had to modify with a tunze magnet to attach it. Sounds like yours is working pretty good as is though.

Oh i see! I kind of like the option here with the air intake attached to the moveable nozel also the size is incredibly small :) thanks for the help though

On 12/02/2018 at 6:04 PM, vlangel said:

Actually I had red acans turn orange so maybe you are on to something.  All my other coral seem ok but they really aren't the type to change color.

Started off red when i bought them. Then they turned orange, then green. Then i placed abi in and back to orange, then redder than when i bought them XD 

Screenshot_2018-02-19-17-16-08.png

Screenshot_2018-02-19-17-15-59.png

Screenshot_2018-02-19-17-20-02.png

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, TheRope said:

Started off red when i bought them. Then they turned orange, then green. Then i placed abi in and back to orange, then redder than when i bought them XD 

Screenshot_2018-02-19-17-16-08.png

Screenshot_2018-02-19-17-15-59.png

Screenshot_2018-02-19-17-20-02.png

Wow!  That is a big change.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, TheRope said:

It blew my mind haha 

Little update  video! And a show at what salt i will now be using!!! 

That is some serious water movement!

• Like 1

Yeah i thought so too, but my corals are more out than ever! My duncans too and theyre never out this much! Its rough at the top which is great for my sps but it gets to a perfect flow lower down! 

• Like 1