Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Fools Reef ... The final 2.5 gallon long pico

TheRope

Also i unintentionally farmed amphipods when i saved my sand with some water in a sealed bucket after going bare bottom, i decided to open it to find 18 amphipods which i carefully collected and plucked into my tank. 

IMG_20171209_194754_377.jpg

• Like 1
9 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Did the sexy hitchhike in? 

They keep them together in this full connected system of 12 nanos with 1 graccilaria and like 4 or 5 sexies per nano and sexy stayed on i guess haha, but i love the addition, i needed another cute invert like that! I hope he does well! 

• Like 1

Zoa fragging face shield! 

Duncans have baby polyps and i stuck em to the rock!

Pretty acan tentacles 

And a great view of what christmas favia polyps look like when they dont look like a mat! 

IMG_20171214_201805_141.jpg

IMG_20171215_201838_208.jpg

IMG_20171215_202109_655.jpg

IMG_20171215_164253_372.jpg

• Haha 2

I often end up doing 2 water changes per week, one of 25 % on wednesday (usually after i scrub minor algae off the rocks and glass or if something odd happens ill even do a 50%) then sundays my ritual is between 80% and 100% :)

• Like 1
18 hours ago, TheRope said:

I often end up doing 2 water changes per week, one of 25 % on wednesday (usually after i scrub minor algae off the rocks and glass or if something odd happens ill even do a 50%) then sundays my ritual is between 80% and 100% :)

wow okay so nearly at least 100% of the water is changed per week. Guess that makes since for stability.

I wonder why it is so high though. I mean I have 3 20 gallon tanks and havent done a water change in any of them in over 2 years.

• Like 1

The reason for us doing such large water changes is to export nitrates (we have no form o filtration other than natural things such as: macro algae, live rock etc..). Another reason for this is, dosing in such a small space is veryyyyy tricky and should really not be done as itll be impossible to control and probably swing like crazy. This way the waterchanges repleneshis the tank with clean nutrient filled water. The corals eventually build a very big resistance to the air exposure where it doesnt bother them at all, so doing a water change really has no negative sides, especially since its so quick to do on this small amount of water. Also most problems are solved with water changes such as ammonia spikes, nitrite or nitrate spikes, coral warfare and others! Thus allowing vase reefs to live as long as they do (brandon mason pushing past 13 years and maritza pushing into her 6th) :) thanks for the great question! 

On 12/9/2017 at 6:51 PM, TheRope said:

Queessst complete muahahahaha!!!

(Also duncans have new baby tentacle mouths :3 )

Secured rock with suction cup resistance! 

THERES A SEXY IN MY MACRO! 

IMG_20171209_182149_081.jpg

20171209_181008.jpg

Keep an eye on that sexy.  They can be little punks lol.

• Like 1
On 12/20/2017 at 12:31 AM, Lula_Mae said:

Keep an eye on that sexy.  They can be little punks lol.

That dragons breath is a major sponge of calcium carbonate. I would be worried about keeping that in a 2g.

• Like 1

Thanks, but theres a couple of people that have kept it no problem :) and its been close to 3 weeks now and it hasnt done anything, plus the second i notice things are off i perform a waterchange of 100% so if it has caused or will cause anything, i should be quickly able to fix it ... hopefully 

15 minutes ago, TheRope said:

Thanks, but theres a couple of people that have kept it no problem :) and its been close to 3 weeks now and it hasnt done anything, plus the second i notice things are off i perform a waterchange of 100% so if it has caused or will cause anything, i should be quickly able to fix it ... hopefully 

I know you were replying to one of my quotes but I must have answered the wrong topic somehow because my comment was about something else.  Sorry about that. 

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, ReefMagix said:

That dragons breath is a major sponge of calcium carbonate. I would be worried about keeping that in a 2g.

Its a pom pom gracillaria and i so a lot of waterchanges so my calc should be fine! 

3 hours ago, TheRope said:

Its a pom pom gracillaria and i so a lot of waterchanges so my calc should be fine! 

Oh its a completely different species then. Okay that shouldnt be an issue. I am thinking of: Halymenia durvillei which drinks 2part by the bottle lol.

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, ReefMagix said:

With weekly water changes it'd probably be ok, since the calcium's getting constantly replenished.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

With weekly water changes it'd probably be ok, since the calcium's getting constantly replenished.

Thats 100% correct! :) waterchanges are the solution to everything haha

I bought the macro as a means to consume phosphates and nitrates and add some oxygen to the water as well ...natural added trimmable filtration that looks amazing :)

• Like 2

I put these guys through hell and they finally opened up yesterday, somehow they got covered in hair algae which is weird because i have close to none in my tank and im alwayssss plucking and peroxiding... but they did, so i tried scrubbing them (didnt work and i did this 3 times and it grew back each time) so i said: either theyre gonna get srowned out by hair algae or i can test something. I peroxided the actual closed polyps after scrubbing them and this is 2 days later ...

IMG_20171227_092003_323.jpg

• Like 3