inTank Media Baskets

The Fools Reef ... The final 2.5 gallon long pico

TheRope

27 minutes ago, TheRope said:

I am now officially happy. This is exactly what i pictures. A full reef of cheap amazing corals. ♡♡♡♡

IMG_20171124_142123_948.jpg

IMG_20171124_135223_701.jpg

IMG_20171124_134728_939.jpg

IMG_20171124_134939_415.jpg

IMG_20171124_135223_708.jpg

IMG_20171124_134105_021.jpg

IMG_20171124_132728_721.jpg

Looks great! Gotta love it when a plan comes together. :happy:

• Like 1
Just now, TheRope said:

Thank you! And yes it doesss! I have almost all of my favorite corals in here! I just wish i had some bright yellow zoas 

I just snagged some different yellow zoas from Cultivated Reef and Legendary Corals. King Midas, Sunny D's, Scrambled Eggs, Blondies, Tutti Fruity... Maybe another I'm forgetting lol. Some great sales going on!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

I just snagged some different yellow zoas from Cultivated Reef and Legendary Corals. King Midas, Sunny D's, Scrambled Eggs, Blondies, Tutti Fruity... Maybe another I'm forgetting lol. Some great sales going on!

Unfortunately im in canada haha, and im not paying shipping for one zoa frag either hahaha , my online reefstore had aome king modas but... im not spending 30+ per polyp

Just now, TheRope said:

Unfortunately im in canada haha, and im not paying shipping for one zoa frag either hahaha , my online reefstore had aome king modas but... im not spending 30+ per polyp

Oh, you guys have a lot less selection, bummer!

I definitely agree on the 30+ per polyp lol.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Oh, you guys have a lot less selection, bummer!

I definitely agree on the 30+ per polyp lol.

I just buy what i can find for a good price ... these guys werent visually appealing on the website... but in the pico they look incredible (4 $)

IMG_20171018_185806_715.jpg

• Like 4
On 11/24/2017 at 3:53 PM, TheRope said:

I just buy what i can find for a good price ... these guys werent visually appealing on the website... but in the pico they look incredible (4 $)

IMG_20171018_185806_715.jpg

What kind are they?

Welp so this whole time ive been using sand that was not good. Grains too large allowing algae to dig their spores in deep and all kinds of nasty stuff get trapped in it... soooo it is time to enter the realm of bare bottom reefing (somebody pray for me) maybe ill carpet the floor with green star polyp for compensation... (background story... been ripping out wads of hair algae from my substrate for at least an hour a day and next day... its back. Dang satan spawn) XD there are solutions for everything the bare bottoming will occur tomorrow... now to figure out how to stand up frag plugs ????

20171130_194100(0).jpg

• Like 1
20 hours ago, vlangel said:

My container is bb.  I don't have any coral on the floor however and my container is rock heavy...literally.

Oh nice!  gonna carpet the floor in xenia and gsp XD

• Like 2

P.s making this jar bare bottom and refragging all the corals so they can sit upright without sand was one of yhe hardest things ive ever done... but done it is :) and im hoping that things will go well :)

• Like 1
On 11/30/2017 at 9:09 PM, TheRope said:

Welp so this whole time ive been using sand that was not good. Grains too large allowing algae to dig their spores in deep and all kinds of nasty stuff get trapped in it... soooo it is time to enter the realm of bare bottom reefing (somebody pray for me) maybe ill carpet the floor with green star polyp for compensation... (background story... been ripping out wads of hair algae from my substrate for at least an hour a day and next day... its back. Dang satan spawn) XD there are solutions for everything the bare bottoming will occur tomorrow... now to figure out how to stand up frag plugs ????

20171130_194100(0).jpg

I usually snip the stems off frag plugs to sit on the bottom. I'd suggest looking for a small magnetic frag rack too if you need something temporary for ones you have trouble with the plugs.

54 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I usually snip the stems off frag plugs to sit on the bottom. I'd suggest looking for a small magnetic frag rack too if you need something temporary for ones you have trouble with the plugs.

I did exactly that! Snipped em all of to make little plates :) i damaged my xenia in the process but i fragged ehat i could, and the frags are doing great :)

• Like 2

Well heres an FTS post todays cleanup water change... also im trying out a higher area for my hammer. I was previously worried about him stinging my sps butttt hes about a 3 inch perimeter around him... plus he might be too busy fighting off my gsp

Stuck a tiny frag of xenia on the top right back side of the glass XD lets see what happens. 

IMG_20171202_182201_163.jpg

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Nothing quite like big bubbly happy hammers.  They are one of my favorite coral!

Agreed! Though i do wish they had frogspawn in stock when i git thus guy... those are my favorite! 

• Like 1

Porcelain molted for the 3rd time :)

I decided im gonna order some red macro algae and some live phytoplankton from algae barn! Check them out if you havent theyre great :)

• Like 2

Day 3 of bare bottom and im impressed with the lack of algae on the glass and on the live rock, i think my sandbed was producing too much nitratea and the sandbed algae was spreading like wildfire, i was also forced to clean the glass every day... havent seen a spec of anything since... 

• Like 3

Queessst complete muahahahaha!!!

(Also duncans have new baby tentacle mouths :3 )

Secured rock with suction cup resistance! 

THERES A SEXY IN MY MACRO! 

IMG_20171209_182149_081.jpg

20171209_181008.jpg

• Like 2