Coral Vue Hydros

The Fools Reef ... The final 2.5 gallon long pico

TheRope

On 5/4/2018 at 6:29 PM, TheRope said:

Rip my lovely porcelain crab, youll be missed ♡♡♡ was the king of the jar for 8 months and has died unexpectedly 😕

Any suggestions on a reef safe creature that would do good in my jar?  

I suggest another porcelain (maybe a different color variant?) or a pom pom crab!

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, PapoReef said:

Very nice looking cube! Loving the upgrade! Cheers

Thank you very much!!! ❤

16 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

I suggest another porcelain (maybe a different color variant?) or a pom pom crab!

Ill have to go see what they have at the lfs, i may get a sexy shrimp and feed it lps pellets every couple of days snd up my waterchanges, but gonna let the new corals settle in first 🙂

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Newstead said:

Great little tank! Where did you find that 2 gallon cube?

Thanks! I found it at a freshwater lfs its from a brand called aqueon! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Newstead said:

Will be looking for one- thanks! Husband wants a small coral only tank in bedroom.

Well you can always look into vases as well, and check out my build ormaritzas build!

• Like 1

Hey everyone just a little update here: after losing my porcelain crab ive been researching other interesting inverts for the past little while that would do well with my reef, and ideally i wanted a skink cleaner, so i messaged my lfs and they said they had none. So i we t to check them out in hopes of finding some sexy shrimp (which they always have) aaaaand they didnt have any. But in a tank off to the left they just so happened to have around 20 skunk cleaners of various sizes.... 😂😂😂😂

Welp meet Mr. Mustachio peregrine (not his permanent name but anyways) 

• Like 4

I love the look of the new cube! Are you worried about whether the skunk cleaner shrimp will outgrow the cube, though? He will certainly be the star of the show 🙂

• Thanks 1

Thanks for stopping by and im glad you like it! Yeah slightly worried, but when the time comes i will rehome him 🙂 for now he seems to be really enjoying himself !

• Like 2

Also im running out of things to post 😣😣 so if any of you have any questions or would like to know something in particular about the reef or my corals or anythig really...dont be shy, I love the people here and I love helping! 

IMG_20180601_164340_199.jpg

• Like 3
8 hours ago, TheRope said:

Also im running out of things to post 😣😣 so if any of you have any questions or would like to know something in particular about the reef or my corals or anythig really...dont be shy, I love the people here and I love helping! 

Nice looking cube! How's your 2gal jar? I've read your thread but many postings are there ....haha

(which one is right? post? posting ? I'm not the English user.)

Mine is good as well. I have had 10 gal tank. There are living 0ver 50 corals ,1 Dory and 1 Nemo.

Today I did water changes and fed them (LPS and fishes).

Hope your tank always under a good condition! bye,

6 hours ago, Gyu ri said:

Nice looking cube! How's your 2gal jar? I've read your thread but many postings are there ....haha

(which one is right? post? posting ? I'm not the English user.)

Mine is good as well. I have had 10 gal tank. There are living 0ver 50 corals ,1 Dory and 1 Nemo.

Today I did water changes and fed them (LPS and fishes).

Hope your tank always under a good condition! bye,

Actually everyrthing in the jar ive transfered into the cube! Jar is now empty! And thank you very much i hope yours is doing fantastic as well 🙂

• Haha 1

Heres a neat little experiment i did. I knew with the added feedings (for the shrimp)  that I would have a spike in pod, birstle worm populations. This is welcomed in my jar. Therefor, i nade sure to add a piece of sponge filter in the jar a week or so before so that the pods would recognize their new home and breeding grounds. Now my glass and floor is filled with pods of all sorts. Heres a short video of a couple of those pods in the sponge with a cute bristle worm at the bottom (also note all the feather dusters on my mushrooms rock)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TheRope said:

I repurposed the old "reefjar" to house my isopod colony XD 

IMG_20180604_132822_248.jpg

received_10212554959408736.jpeg

I LOVE peach nasatums, they are some of my favorites! My current colonies haven't done well as the containers are too dry.  I never thought of using a jar, though!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

I LOVE peach nasatums, they are some of my favorites! My current colonies haven't done well as the containers are too dry.  I never thought of using a jar, though!

Hehe yeah the jar is doing surprisingly well i found a really good organic soil and the plants as well as the isopods are loving it! Really a fun species to keep, cant wait to start seeding my frog/gecko terrariums once ihave enough ! 

2 hours ago, JBM said:

Nice cube

Thanks a lot 🙂

• Like 2