Innovative Marine Aquariums

where can i get reef rock

Dswankbiz

If you want to pick it out yourself, I suggest a local fish store.  Otherwise, I'd suggest trying Reef Cleaners: https://www.reefcleaners.org/aquarium-store/rock  They have a 15 lb package, and you could specify that you want taller rocks.  That should give you something to choose from.  It's nice to have some extra rock available when you need it.  If it is too big, you can break some off.  If it's too small, you can epoxy a couple pieces together to form the shape you want.

I remember about 12 or so years ago when we setup our big 180 reef tank I bought a huge amount of dry live rock from a company called Hirocks.com.   It was much cheaper to buy in a big quantity than to pick and choose little pieces from an LFS.    There were some really nice and large pieces that worked out very well.   I don't know if that company is still in business but I do know our UPS guy probably hated us after having to drag 2 giant boxes of heavy rocks up to our porch!