SaltCritters.com

Bluefish Not Working

Thrassian Atoll

Thrassian Atoll

Is anybody else having issues today or is it just me?  Wondering if there are server issues or something.  

When I login it just says device offline.  I figured I would just reconnect the wifi through the bluefish.  I do the blinkup and then it just keeps saying failed.  

What's the deal?  Internet is good on my end.  Apex Fusion works fine, posting this is fine.  I would let it ride out and try again later, except that my light isn't on.

IMG_1334.thumb.PNG.63586ab1306ec90632d59911219186f6.PNG

IMG_1333.thumb.PNG.9dcd2341ac0609325edf601f0452bbb6.PNG

Thrassian Atoll
6 minutes ago, Krzydmnd said:

My android version has been crashing the last two days. My phone just indicated that it's hogging a lot of resources.  I haven't seen thus happen so far. 

Yeah, this was the first real issue I had with it since setting it up.  Sometimes it might take a couple of tries to connect now and then, but it did not want to connect at all for a couple of hours today.  

Thrassian Atoll
49 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

I'm convinced, based on all the threads available if you google it, that bluefish is junk. 

Yeah, I am not very impressed with bluefish stability wise.  I like the features and stuff but like half the time the graph doesn't work or it doesn't connect right away.  That's just being picky though.  Today was the first major issue I have had.  I also don't know anything else to really base it on.  I have no idea how Apex with radions are or AI.

Thrassian Atoll

Today it is not working at all.  I have reset my modem and router.  Everything is fine on my end.  I tried connecting using both wifi connections and nothing.  It will not connect to the server.  Anybody else having this issue or have had this issue?  My lights are not coming on at all today.

On 9/14/2017 at 7:25 PM, Krzydmnd said:

My android version has been crashing the last two days. My phone just indicated that it's hogging a lot of resources.  I haven't seen thus happen so far. 

Did you send in a service ticket to Bluefish? The past 6-7 months I have had nearly zero issues on both app's. Maybe new Android OS? Oreo or whatever it is now?

On 9/14/2017 at 8:25 PM, 1891Bro said:

I'm convinced, based on all the threads available if you google it, that bluefish is junk. 

Do you mind sending me the threads? I work closely with Bluefish to make sure they are in the loop. Being that every unit comes standard with one I have seen pretty much everything. However in the past year things have come around BIG time. Very rarely have I seen issues. 

Few issues that people run into are simple fixes. 

• Connecting to a 5ghz signal instead of the 2.4. 
  • Putting in the wrong password for WIFI or account
  • Older Samsung phones with brightness being to low
  • Poor/Low WIFI signal

@SpencerShepard

On 9/14/2017 at 9:19 PM, TILTON said:

Yeah, I am not very impressed with bluefish stability wise.  I like the features and stuff but like half the time the graph doesn't work or it doesn't connect right away.  That's just being picky though.  Today was the first major issue I have had.  I also don't know anything else to really base it on.  I have no idea how Apex with radions are or AI.

Have you sent a service ticket in? Spencer normally jumps on these things quickly if there is an issue. The number one cause of troubles is a low WIFI signal. As well on the back end there can be updates going on. 

As for the current problem. Clear the WIFI signal in the APP and then BlinkUp again. 

Let me know how I can help.

*** I just tried on all four of my tanks and everyone was working properly***

Hi Dave. I totally appreciate the level of customer support you provide on a product you integrate into yours!  Functionally, the app works for me, just a few log in and the occasional crash which is not uncommon for android apps with so many different phone mfrs and versions to deal with.  Mine is working fine now.  I would like to see options to save settings but that's not an issue, just a want.   Keep up the great work!  

Thrassian Atoll
2 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Did you send in a service ticket to Bluefish? The past 6-7 months I have had nearly zero issues on both app's. Maybe new Android OS? Oreo or whatever it is now?

Do you mind sending me the threads? I work closely with Bluefish to make sure they are in the loop. Being that every unit comes standard with one I have seen pretty much everything. However in the past year things have come around BIG time. Very rarely have I seen issues. 

Few issues that people run into are simple fixes. 

• Connecting to a 5ghz signal instead of the 2.4. 
  • Putting in the wrong password for WIFI or account
  • Older Samsung phones with brightness being to low
  • Poor/Low WIFI signal

@SpencerShepard

Have you sent a service ticket in? Spencer normally jumps on these things quickly if there is an issue. The number one cause of troubles is a low WIFI signal. As well on the back end there can be updates going on. 

As for the current problem. Clear the WIFI signal in the APP and then BlinkUp again. 

Let me know how I can help.

*** I just tried on all four of my tanks and everyone was working properly***

I'll try again when I get home from work tonight.  It could be on my end.  Now my Apex is disconnecting.  Keeps sending me alerts to my phone.  

Random question Dave.  How feasible would it be to add an on off switch to the units to let's say run the unit at like 50% colors in case of internet crashes and what not?  

On 9/16/2017 at 4:56 PM, Krzydmnd said:

Hi Dave. I totally appreciate the level of customer support you provide on a product you integrate into yours!  Functionally, the app works for me, just a few log in and the occasional crash which is not uncommon for android apps with so many different phone mfrs and versions to deal with.  Mine is working fine now.  I would like to see options to save settings but that's not an issue, just a want.   Keep up the great work!  

Thank you. Any time!

On 9/16/2017 at 7:08 PM, TILTON said:

I'll try again when I get home from work tonight.  It could be on my end.  Now my Apex is disconnecting.  Keeps sending me alerts to my phone.  

Random question Dave.  How feasible would it be to add an on off switch to the units to let's say run the unit at like 50% colors in case of internet crashes and what not?  

Something I have been working on. A way to do 33-66-100%.

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
20 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

Thank you. Any time!

Something I have been working on. A way to do 33-66-100%.

Nice!  Mines working now.  Reset the modem and router a bunch of times.  Yeah, something for a failsafe would be awesome in case somebody forgets to pay their internet bill.  ?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, TILTON said:

Nice!  Mines working now.  Reset the modem and router a bunch of times.  Yeah, something for a failsafe would be awesome in case somebody forgets to pay their internet bill.  ?

One thing that most people do is unplug and start restarting everything. Sometimes giving it five minutes will go a long ways! 

Blackout days are also very good for tanks. I still do ~ 1-2 days of no light. 

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
1 hour ago, DaveFason said:

One thing that most people do is unplug and start restarting everything. Sometimes giving it five minutes will go a long ways! 

Blackout days are also very good for tanks. I still do ~ 1-2 days of no light. 

Under your own control though.  Its a little stressful when you don't want the lights out and don't know how to fix it.  Haha.

I have two nano-box lights... one with bluefish and one with storm.... technology is cool and looks nice until its not working... :angry:

I will say I don't ever have problems with the storm controller since it is something I just manually set up on the box and forget. The bluefish isn't too bad either once I got it up and running I just never logged into it again to give it a chance to crash or error out. :P It did seem to not always respond quickly to setting changes but has probably been updated since then. It is smaller and probably has more options. I'm more of a set and forget gal though.

13 hours ago, TILTON said:

My bluefish does not seem to depend on my internet though once it is set-up? When I moved, we didn't have internet right away and I plugged it in and it did its normal thing. I assumed it just saves the last changes. 

1 hour ago, TILTON said:

Mine doesn't work at all if I can't log into bluefish.

If the app says device offline leave the unit as it is. At times the Bluefish may not have a strong signal. It will continue to run the normal program until you unplug it. 

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
33 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

If the app says device offline leave the unit as it is. At times the Bluefish may not have a strong signal. It will continue to run the normal program until you unplug it. 

Maybe that was my issue.  It was like that and I tried to redo blinkup and it in turn wouldn't connect at all.

Dave, what do you recommend for night levels?  I'm a night owl and I love checking on my tank at night. I have corals and they look great under about 1% blues at night but I'm wondering if this adds any stress to the corals or the fish to have some level of blues on all night.