Top Shelf Aquatics

What is this in my 'fuge???

henningero

I recently purchased an in tank refugium and got a bag of "macro algae" from my LFS. It's been in for a few days now, and when I moved my ball of algae to the side to mix it up a little, I found this little bugger stuck to the acrylic inside the 'fuge. It retracts if I get close to it. Any ideas? Is it Majano or Aptaisia, or something else?

IMG_20170913_191447.jpg

IMG_20170913_191500.jpg

32 minutes ago, henningero said:

I recently purchased an in tank refugium and got a bag of "macro algae" from my LFS. It's been in for a few days now, and when I moved my ball of algae to the side to mix it up a little, I found this little bugger stuck to the acrylic inside the 'fuge. It retracts if I get close to it. Any ideas? Is it Majano or Aptaisia, or something else?

IMG_20170913_191447.jpg

IMG_20170913_191500.jpg

Little ####er exposed his self. Now you can do things to it we all wish we coulda done to em. Maybe a nice snuff film is in order. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, henningero said:

I guess I'll pull it out and toss it. Hopefully there are no others hanging out in the algae. I'll have to properly thank my LFS as well...

Don't just toss it. Maybe drop into a frying pan? You tube it? 

• Like 1

Too late. It managed to find a small crevice in a piece of LR rubble. I picked it out and threw it into the trees next to my house! Let's see if the trees start being overrun with Aptaisia...