Cultivated Reef

Blenwood's Reef - 1st attempts at focus stacking

Cannedfish

On 7/19/2018 at 12:16 PM, Weikel said:

Really cliff hanger?? 

😋

giphy.gif

It’s a mediocre story at best, so I’ve got to build the suspense and keep y’all on the edge of your respective seats (or bean bags, I don’t know your seating situation) somehow. Think of this story as the spinning top at the end of Inception, and me as a considerably less attractive & slightly over-weight Leonard DiCaprio. 

On 7/19/2018 at 12:18 PM, micoastreefing said:

Not sure what caught more of my attention....the flashing caption or ....

I agree, why is that dude wearing a cast?!

——

Alright, it Friday! Time to core some pineapples and pour some rum!! Boat drinks for everyone!! Just make sure to use paper straws; we got to save the sea turtles! Anyways before fist bumping the Captain, becoming a cheeseburger in paradise, and sailing away on a metaphorical boat in my flippy-floppies here are some expectedly shoddy photos!! Ahoy!!

61708F69-15DE-436D-A5E1-E06C7EE58518.jpeg

B8098067-5ED4-49F3-9064-EC30592236F6.jpeg

C86B2C94-B2F1-4BAB-BC51-CFF499FDB555.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Wow 2
8 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

It’s a mediocre story at best, so I’ve got to build the suspense and keep y’all on the edge of your respective seats (or bean bags, I don’t know your seating situation) somehow. Think of this story as the spinning top at the end of Inception, and me as a considerably less attractive & slightly over-weight Leonard DiCaprio. 

I agree, why is that dude wearing a cast?!

——

Alright, it Friday! Time to core some pineapples and pour some rum!! Boat drinks for everyone!! Just make sure to use paper straws; we got to save the sea turtles! Anyways before fist bumping the Captain, becoming a cheeseburger in paradise, and sailing away on a metaphorical boat in my flippy-floppies here are some expectedly shoddy photos!! Ahoy!!

61708F69-15DE-436D-A5E1-E06C7EE58518.jpeg

B8098067-5ED4-49F3-9064-EC30592236F6.jpeg

C86B2C94-B2F1-4BAB-BC51-CFF499FDB555.jpeg

That’s a nice FTS! That green is soooooo neon. 😎

• Like 1
mitten_reef
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

Don't tell him that, he might just go out and buy another house chicken to celebrate.  

But seriously, this is becoming one of the top IM10's on the forum right now.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I can’t help but think those house chickens are part of some weird voodoo animal sacrifice ritual used for the benefit of this tank. Pretty sure I saw this guy on @Cannedfish‘s counter top near the tank in a previous FTS....

40FEF0D5-B630-49AF-B561-ECADACA9CA18.jpeg

• Haha 5
21 minutes ago, TheBig053 said:

I can’t help but think those house chickens are part of some weird voodoo animal sacrifice ritual used for the benefit of this tank. Pretty sure I saw this guy on @Cannedfish‘s counter top near the tank in a previous FTS....

Jobu! 😀

• Like 2
On 7/20/2018 at 3:11 PM, WV Reefer said:

Thanks!!  It is super neon, I even tried to toned down the green in the picture (you can see the 'blooming' in the photo). I bought it as a booger while walking out of MACNA because this thing was like an effing beacon in the frag tank (can't remember which dealer). Furthermore, and slightly embarrassing, I was such a noob and it was so small for the first 2 months I thought it was psammo or something else. Nope its a monti and its trying to take over my tank. 

On 7/20/2018 at 3:14 PM, micoastreefing said:

Don't tell him that, he might just go out and buy another house chicken to celebrate.  

But seriously, this is becoming one of the top IM10's on the forum right now.  

I guess you will just have to wait till A Tale of Two Chickens, chapter 3 to see what happens...

And I see what you're doing with that jinxing thing... No just kidding, I really appreciate the support! Don't worry though, we leave for South America in couple weeks, and all hell is going to break lose...

On 7/20/2018 at 3:39 PM, TheBig053 said:

After the shenanigans the chickens pulled this weekend, I may have to reconsider my "no sacrificial rituals in the house rule." Speaking of the occult, there is a voodoo shop only a few blocks from our house... I may need to visit this weekend, in order to tilt the grow-out contest scales...

On 7/20/2018 at 8:43 PM, This guy is extra salty said:

Love that sun coral! How many babies does it have now?

They're even better than sun coral, they're dendros! Which may be my, straight-up, favorite coral. Last count there were somewhere between 30 and 40 babies scattered throughout the skeleton. Some are REALLY small and I don't expect them all to make it. But I would be super excited if I manged to grow out between 10-20 of them. I don't really chop things up,  but if it turned into a 20+ head dendro, it's time to bring out the diamond blade and make like Oprah... "You get a dendro!" You get a dendro!"

____

Anyways, as always here are some crappy photos!

A77E316C-1D1E-4B92-986E-44573EDCC0D7.jpeg

F6D59C17-6B7D-4EC1-92C6-49EC7058ECEC.jpeg

BF899C87-A4FD-450A-8EB9-957F89E16CE5.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

Some progression photos for your Tuesday enjoyment. This is a browned-out Bali frag I took a flier on a while back, hopefully it turns into something fun. 

E3C48C6A-1559-4DEF-A383-EE0C621DDA9A.jpeg

D08F6864-9F82-46CF-9A17-2F06E2CC4A97.jpeg

DFED5720-D850-40C9-8CB0-200ACE1F53CC.jpeg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, micoastreefing said:

you need to post more of your cappy photos ... just saying.

And where's the tale of the chickens part 2? 

Haha, I'll do better. 

Regarding, the Tale of Two Chickens, Chapter 2: it will hit newsstands soon, it just needs to marinate a bit longer. But here is a quick sneak peak:

7F894327-C421-467A-BC9C-7CFA85CC301E.jpeg

• Haha 7
Christopher Marks
15 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Regarding, the Tale of Two Chickens, Chapter 2: it will hit newsstands soon, it just needs to marinate a bit longer.

Wait til Chapter 3: The Brining 😱

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I hear y’all! I hear y’all, but this isn’t some mamby-pamby chicken sh$t story that can be told in sitting! This is an epic tale full of love and love lost, of heroes and villains, of danger and cunning! Homer didn’t tell the Odyssey in one night, nor did Michelangelo carve David in one day. Hell, it took god’s lazy-ass seven days to bake the cake known as the universe, and I’m pretty sure this story is like twice as good as any of those things. But even more than that, I’m lazy and Blenwood is a terrible stenographer, so y’all are probably gonna have to wait till Friday. Plus, besides the weekend, it’s gives y’all something to look forward to while your wasting time on the internet at work tomorrow. Furthermore, Friday, some have said, is the most important day of the year. 

As always... a teaser. 

07E43C89-907E-49B5-A661-3345C1EF3E74.jpeg

03F82D94-E5EA-49D3-AB78-3737A3715F94.jpeg

236BA3F7-5C9A-4E6F-8346-1F3118CDED95.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 2
mitten_reef
1 hour ago, Cannedfish said:

hmmm beignets!  (as if nothing else was more interesting 🤨)  Slightly disappointed with myself, I spent a few days at Greenbuild conference in NOLA a few years ago, and I ended up never visited cafe du mon.  But I sure ate my share at Emeril's right around the corner from convention center, BAM!   

1 hour ago, Cannedfish said:

I hear y’all! I hear y’all, but this isn’t some mamby-pamby chicken sh$t story that can be told in sitting! This is an epic tale full of love and love lost, of heroes and villains, of danger and cunning! Homer didn’t tell the Odyssey in one night, nor did Michelangelo carve David in one day. Hell, it took god’s lazy-ass seven days to bake the cake known as the universe, and I’m pretty sure this story is like twice as good as any of those things. But even more than that, I’m lazy and Blenwood is a terrible stenographer, so y’all are probably gonna have to wait till Friday. Plus, besides the weekend, it’s gives y’all something to look forward to while your wasting time on the internet at work tomorrow. Furthermore, Friday, some have said, is the most important day of the year. 

As always... a teaser. 

07E43C89-907E-49B5-A661-3345C1EF3E74.jpeg

03F82D94-E5EA-49D3-AB78-3737A3715F94.jpeg

And just when I thought it couldn't get any more strange.. please please please tell me that last photo was your Christmas card ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
15 minutes ago, Weikel said:

And just when I thought it couldn't get any more strange.. please please please tell me that last photo was your Christmas card ....

One of many x-mas card themes... If you’ve read any of this thread, you’ll notice I trend more toward the self deprecating end of the spectrum then not, but when it come to x-mas cards, we effing kill it. The above card of the pajama themed card, everyone include dogs and cats had matching pjs. I’ll see if I can dig up the swamp people, Mexican, white trash, Hawaiian, or some of the others...  

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

One of many x-mas card themes... If you’ve read any of this thread, you’ll notice I trend more toward the self deprecating end of the spectrum then not, but when it come to x-mas cards, we effing kill it. The above card of the pajama themed card, everyone include dogs and cats had matching pjs. I’ll see if I can dig up the swamp people, Mexican, white trash, Hawaiian, or some of the others...  

Can't lie when I read that post I was like ... pretty funny.. then I scrolled down and saw the chicken Christmas card and actually laughed out loud. The wife asked what was so funny and I said nothing just this fish forum to which she relied "ugh you and the fish nerds again" ( which I find some what insulting right?) .. anyway I told her about the house chickens and had her read the story and well now she is hooked.   😂😂

• Haha 4