Jump to content
Cannedfish

Les Bon Tanks Rouler - Rare Non-Coral Pics!

Recommended Posts

Dirté Sanchez
1 minute ago, Cannedfish said:

 

Haha! Red Rooster Pygmy Waspfish also known as the Bandtail waspfish! Small but mighty, and yes, venomous!

I wondered if it was a wasp- there’s another predator tank on NR that has wasps and cockatoos and was a really cool looking tank. Haven’t seen them update in a while though. 
 

Very cool looking fish!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
spectra

Yeah that's it...……….waspfish………...cool little nano fish. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Cannedfish

I'm going to be updating the stocking and equipment list in the next monthly tank update, just want to memorialize where there the tank was before the crash (ignore this post):

 

Set-up:

• Display: 10g Innovative Marine Fusion 10
• Lighting: AI Prime HD (2x)
• Filtration: floss, carbon, Phosguard, Purigen
• Heater: Eheim Jager 50w
• Circulation: Eheim 600 return pump, IM Spin Stream, Aqamai KPS
• Skimmer: Aqua Euro Nano II

• Dosing Pump: Jabao DP-4

• Salt: Aquaforest Reef Salt

 

Dosing:

    • KZ Acroglow 

    • KZ Coral Vitalizer

    • KZ Sponge Power

    • KZ LPS Amino Acids

    • KZ Pohl's Extra

    • Brightwell Aquatics Microbacter7

    • ESP 2-part

 

Fish:

     Tail-spot Blenny (Blenwood aka "B-Wood Cash Money Dollar Dollar!")

    • Tanaka Possum Wrasse (Lorp)

 

Inverts:

    • Pom-Pom Crab  

    • Porcelain Crab (Whiskers III)

    • Sexy Shrimp 

    • Scarlet-leg Hermit Crabs

    • Blue-leg Hermit Crabs

    • Cerith Snails

    • Nassarius Snails 

    • Turbo Snails

 

SPS:

Acropora:

     WWC After Party
     SC Orange Passion
     TCK Pikachu
     Cornbred's Maleficent
     RR Pink Floyd
     Jason Fox Foxflame
     Oregon Tort
     JKR Rainbow
     Upscales Microlados
     WWC Plum Passion
     Cali Tort
     Red Dragon 
     Sunset Milli
     Pink Milli
     Hawkins Blue
     WWC Slimball
     Strawberry Shortcake
     Bali Green Slimer
     ECE Green Table 
     ASD Rose Acro
     ECE Red Milli
     ASD Green Milli
     Pink Dragonscale
     Tri-Color Tenius
     Blue Tip Stag
     Bali Unknown

Seriatopora:    
    
 ORA Hyacinth Birdsnest 
    
 ORA Green Birdsnest
Montipora:   
    • Jedi Mind Trick Monti
    • Rainbow Monti
    • Toxic Green Monti
    • Superman Digi
    • Red Setosa

 

LPS     
    • Orange Lepto
    • Purple/Green Plate
    • Multi Color Lobo
    • Assorted Acan Lords
    • Walking Dendro
    • Assorted Button Scolys
    • WWC Peppermint Cyphastrea
    • Assorted Cyphastrea
    • SF Blue/Orange Chalice
    • Tri-Color Pectinia
    • Orange Psammo
    • Assorted Acan Echinata

 

NPS:    
    • Dendrophyllia
    • Balanophyllia
    • Black Sun Coral
    • Pink/Yellow Sun Coral

 

Softies:

Zoas:    
    • Eagle Eye 
    • Gorilla Nipple 
    • Pink Hallucinations 
    • Blue Hornets 
    • Red People Eaters
    • WWC Twizzlers
Others :   
    • Green Star Polyps
    • Blue Clove Polyps

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Cannedfish

Quick mid-month update:

 

Like me around 4:30 am on Lundi Gras, the tank has largely been lumbering along, it may not be in a straight line, or pretty, but there is a real chance it will get where it needs to go while still wearing its pants. Miraculously, the tank's alkalinity has leveled out at at a largely acceptable 8.0 dkh, which coincidentally, is exactly four times my high school GPA. It has a tendency to climb or fall based on new additions (or the moon cycle... or magic... or sometimes, honestly, who the hell knows...) etc., but similar to my approach to parenting, I'mgiving it fireworks and candy, and kinda letting it do its own thing. To achieve this model of apathetic consistency, I've been dosing 2.5 ml of both alkalinity and calcium in 0.5 ml increments throughout the day (Jeboa DP-4). Additionally, I am dosing the following additives each morning: KZ Sponge Power (4x drops), KZ Pohl's Extra (4x drops), KZ LPS Amino Acids (4x drops), Kahlua (1 shot), KZ Coral Vitalizer (4x drops), KZ Acro Glow (2x drops), and AF NP Pro (1 drop). Honestly, I'm not sure these potions do anything, but I'm using them anyways. Coral-wise everything is look pretty good. The PE on the acros is about the best I've ever had, even though growth is less than I would like. Furthermore, most the LPS seems happy as long as they are not within the reach of the Echinata, unfortunately, those that are in reach seem largely unhappy, and are, in fact, dead. Thankfully, the indo trachy is still alive. Having had to acclimate it from 4.1 dkh to 8.0 dkh and from low light to "Guy Fieri full-blast donkey sauce" light, I had my doubts regarding it's survival odds. I'm pretty sure I can still manage to kill it, but for the moment (knock on wood) it's still alive and reasonably happy. Dinos have been wanting to reappear like a crazy ex-girlfriend at a class reunion, but I've been adding H202 at night, reducing water changes, and pretending not to know her. So far it's working. That pretty much sums it up. I will update the stocking list next monthly update, in the meantime, after talking to @mitten_reef, I have included a really Bush League stocking diagram below. Truthfully, the only thing that could the diagram's graphic design worse is if I had drunkenly done it with a combination of crayons, Elmer's glue, and vodka... maybe next time.

 

On to the next update!

 

Ultron Favia

DSC_7629.thumb.JPEG.5ac0a108acd95ec212b4817c372d9f12.JPEG

 

WWC Twizzlers

DSC_7653.thumb.JPEG.7dfd11c4d71c1e8ef41baa02951c67a5.JPEG

 

JF Fire Dragon (from @mitten_reef)

DSC_7637.thumb.JPEG.4acc798a88eaaf4ab4c2d0374ae2a361.JPEG

 

Terrible tank Diagram:

2132305078_May2020TankDiagram.thumb.png.211a424def39a3aa54fe3fdd21d860a3.png

 

Indo trachy 

DSC_0037.thumb.JPEG.a0a7d5eb932b623f39c61d2a9d85564e.JPEG

 

 

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
3 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Quick mid-month update:

 

Like me around 4:30 am on Lundi Gras, the tank has largely been lumbering along, it may not be in a straight line, or pretty, but there is a real chance it will get where it needs to go while still wearing its pants. Miraculously, the tank's alkalinity has leveled out at at a largely acceptable 8.0 dkh, which coincidentally, is exactly four times my high school GPA. It has a tendency to climb or fall based on new additions (or the moon cycle... or magic... or sometimes, honestly, who the hell knows...) etc., but similar to my approach to parenting, I'mgiving it fireworks and candy, and kinda letting it do its own thing. To achieve this model of apathetic consistency, I've been dosing 2.5 ml of both alkalinity and calcium in 0.5 ml increments throughout the day (Jeboa DP-4). Additionally, I am dosing the following additives each morning: KZ Sponge Power (4x drops), KZ Pohl's Extra (4x drops), KZ LPS Amino Acids (4x drops), Kahlua (1 shot), KZ Coral Vitalizer (4x drops), KZ Acro Glow (2x drops), and AF NP Pro (1 drop). Honestly, I'm not sure these potions do anything, but I'm using them anyways. Coral-wise everything is look pretty good. The PE on the acros is about the best I've ever had, even though growth is less than I would like. Furthermore, most the LPS seems happy as long as they are not within the reach of the Echinata, unfortunately, those that are in reach seem largely unhappy, and are, in fact, dead. Thankfully, the indo trachy is still alive. Having had to acclimate it from 4.1 dkh to 8.0 dkh and from low light to "Guy Fieri full-blast donkey sauce" light, I had my doubts regarding it's survival odds. I'm pretty sure I can still manage to kill it, but for the moment (knock on wood) it's still alive and reasonably happy. Dinos have been wanting to reappear like a crazy ex-girlfriend at a class reunion, but I've been adding H202 at night, reducing water changes, and pretending not to know her. So far it's working. That pretty much sums it up. I will update the stocking list next monthly update, in the meantime, after talking to @mitten_reef, I have included a really Bush League stocking diagram below. Truthfully, the only thing that could the diagram's graphic design worse is if I had drunkenly done it with a combination of crayons, Elmer's glue, and vodka... maybe next time.

 

On to the next update!

 

Ultron Favia

DSC_7629.thumb.JPEG.5ac0a108acd95ec212b4817c372d9f12.JPEG

 

WWC Twizzlers

DSC_7653.thumb.JPEG.7dfd11c4d71c1e8ef41baa02951c67a5.JPEG

 

JF Fire Dragon (from @mitten_reef)

DSC_7637.thumb.JPEG.4acc798a88eaaf4ab4c2d0374ae2a361.JPEG

 

Terrible tank Diagram:

2132305078_May2020TankDiagram.thumb.png.211a424def39a3aa54fe3fdd21d860a3.png

 

Indo trachy 

DSC_0037.thumb.JPEG.a0a7d5eb932b623f39c61d2a9d85564e.JPEG

 

 

 

 

So are you and mittens dating or just like Reef BFF’s?

  • Haha 6
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
tanacharison

I wish the KZ stuff was cheaper... It would cost a ton to dose on the big tank, but I'll just sit here and watch you grow corals like weeds in the blenreef. That indo trachy is the absolute best show coral I’ve seen in a long time. I'm wet with jealousy... actually doing maintenance with wet hands and thinking to myself one day I'll have a tank that can keep show corals. One day the secret blenreef sauce will be for sale.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
tanacharison
6 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

So are you and mittens dating or just like Reef BFF’s?

Once you share a beer with someone in the hobby and confess that you have no idea what your doing it changes things... 🤣🤣🤣

 

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
17 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Quick mid-month update:

 

Like me around 4:30 am on Lundi Gras, the tank has largely been lumbering along, it may not be in a straight line, or pretty, but there is a real chance it will get where it needs to go while still wearing its pants. Miraculously, the tank's alkalinity has leveled out at at a largely acceptable 8.0 dkh, which coincidentally, is exactly four times my high school GPA. It has a tendency to climb or fall based on new additions (or the moon cycle... or magic... or sometimes, honestly, who the hell knows...) etc., but similar to my approach to parenting, I'mgiving it fireworks and candy, and kinda letting it do its own thing. To achieve this model of apathetic consistency, I've been dosing 2.5 ml of both alkalinity and calcium in 0.5 ml increments throughout the day (Jeboa DP-4). Additionally, I am dosing the following additives each morning: KZ Sponge Power (4x drops), KZ Pohl's Extra (4x drops), KZ LPS Amino Acids (4x drops), Kahlua (1 shot), KZ Coral Vitalizer (4x drops), KZ Acro Glow (2x drops), and AF NP Pro (1 drop). Honestly, I'm not sure these potions do anything, but I'm using them anyways. Coral-wise everything is look pretty good. The PE on the acros is about the best I've ever had, even though growth is less than I would like. Furthermore, most the LPS seems happy as long as they are not within the reach of the Echinata, unfortunately, those that are in reach seem largely unhappy, and are, in fact, dead. Thankfully, the indo trachy is still alive. Having had to acclimate it from 4.1 dkh to 8.0 dkh and from low light to "Guy Fieri full-blast donkey sauce" light, I had my doubts regarding it's survival odds. I'm pretty sure I can still manage to kill it, but for the moment (knock on wood) it's still alive and reasonably happy. Dinos have been wanting to reappear like a crazy ex-girlfriend at a class reunion, but I've been adding H202 at night, reducing water changes, and pretending not to know her. So far it's working. That pretty much sums it up. I will update the stocking list next monthly update, in the meantime, after talking to @mitten_reef, I have included a really Bush League stocking diagram below. Truthfully, the only thing that could the diagram's graphic design worse is if I had drunkenly done it with a combination of crayons, Elmer's glue, and vodka... maybe next time.

 

On to the next update!

 

Ultron Favia

DSC_7629.thumb.JPEG.5ac0a108acd95ec212b4817c372d9f12.JPEG

 

WWC Twizzlers

DSC_7653.thumb.JPEG.7dfd11c4d71c1e8ef41baa02951c67a5.JPEG

 

JF Fire Dragon (from @mitten_reef)

DSC_7637.thumb.JPEG.4acc798a88eaaf4ab4c2d0374ae2a361.JPEG

 

Terrible tank Diagram:

2132305078_May2020TankDiagram.thumb.png.211a424def39a3aa54fe3fdd21d860a3.png

 

Indo trachy 

DSC_0037.thumb.JPEG.a0a7d5eb932b623f39c61d2a9d85564e.JPEG

 

 

 

 

Cool diagram . I like it👍🤙

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
mitten_reef
8 minutes ago, tanacharison said:

Once you share a beer with someone in the hobby and confess that you have no idea what your doing it changes things... 🤣🤣🤣

 

^ this 100%. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
mitten_reef
18 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

So are you and mittens dating or just like Reef BFF’s?

Pandemic had brought us closer, while we’re both home “working” while staring at our respective tanks. 😂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan

Tank looks good. 

 

Now important matters, where is today's obscure music reference? It is new music Friday after all

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Reefkid88

This thing is just TOO TOUGH 😎

DSC_0037.thumb.JPEG.a0a7d5eb932b623f39c61d2a9d85564e.JPEG.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Cannedfish
On 5/29/2020 at 9:00 AM, tanacharison said:

Once you share a beer with someone in the hobby and confess that you have no idea what your doing it changes things... 🤣🤣🤣

 

Speaking of which... we need to start that back up... maybe this time we do a small NR beer club thingy, and do a sort of round robin once a month. Could be fun, could be a pain in the ass.

 

On 5/29/2020 at 9:05 AM, FISHnChix said:

Cool diagram . I like it👍🤙

Thanks! I think it really helps people visualize what a sh*t show my tank is. It's like a city guide, but where the city was designed by a drunk eccentric who insisted the world was being controlled by lizard people. 

 

On 5/29/2020 at 1:40 PM, Ratvan said:

Tank looks good. 

 

Now important matters, where is today's obscure music reference? It is new music Friday after all

Damnit! I missed it! Next Friday! I'll bring some south Louisiana heat! "Ohhh Leerrrddd, it's gonna gets all hot up in dat kitchen!!"

 

On 5/29/2020 at 6:07 PM, Reefkid88 said:

This thing is just TOO TOUGH 😎

Thanks man! Now I just have to convince LPS to like me, and not kill it. I keep telling the LPS I love them, but I think they know I'm lying and that, in fact, my one true love is acros. It's a weird love triangle. 

 

 

 

........

 

 

Some subpar pictures for your Tuesday enjoyment:

 

The Acan formerly know as Rainbow:

ATR_7758.thumb.JPEG.c1df19c700d09b527e4880a93fd9d158.JPEG

 

 

Definitely a Top Ten underrated acro: ASD Rainbow Mille:

DSC_7625.thumb.JPEG.3f57d4c8a16f7fa3b2a76a6a548f72ae.JPEG

 

I take a lot of pictures of this because it's the easiest to take a picture of... basically I'm lazy.

DSC_7640.thumb.JPEG.c22f1801ceb57dcb5a439271930d1627.JPEG

 

I love how you can see the pigment streaking and marbling:

ATR_7747.thumb.JPEG.7c47acb9854dc2ba2ca8c5a513610fde.JPEG

 

 

WWC Peppermint cyphastrea... A weird thing is happening: its growing over and into the GSP, and where that is happening the cyphastrea polyps are getting a florescent green hue. I didn't think this could happen...

ATR_7748.thumb.JPEG.3eaf87ef473764a47568694b1abc5980.JPEG

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
mitten_reef

I think I see a bit of green and yellow, trying hard to peek through, in the rainbow acan.

 

Sounds like your digi is like my ricordea, so easy to get good pictures of, it'd almost be a crime not to do it.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
44 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Speaking of which... we need to start that back up... maybe this time we do a small NR beer club thingy, and do a sort of round robin once a month. Could be fun, could be a pain in the ass.

 

Thanks! I think it really helps people visualize what a sh*t show my tank is. It's like a city guide, but where the city was designed by a drunk eccentric who insisted the world was being controlled by lizard people. 

 

Damnit! I missed it! Next Friday! I'll bring some south Louisiana heat! "Ohhh Leerrrddd, it's gonna gets all hot up in dat kitchen!!"

 

Thanks man! Now I just have to convince LPS to like me, and not kill it. I keep telling the LPS I love them, but I think they know I'm lying and that, in fact, my one true love is acros. It's a weird love triangle. 

 

 

 

........

 

 

Some subpar pictures for your Tuesday enjoyment:

 

The Acan formerly know as Rainbow:

ATR_7758.thumb.JPEG.c1df19c700d09b527e4880a93fd9d158.JPEG

 

 

Definitely a Top Ten underrated acro: ASD Rainbow Mille:

DSC_7625.thumb.JPEG.3f57d4c8a16f7fa3b2a76a6a548f72ae.JPEG

 

I take a lot of pictures of this because it's the easiest to take a picture of... basically I'm lazy.

DSC_7640.thumb.JPEG.c22f1801ceb57dcb5a439271930d1627.JPEG

 

I love how you can see the pigment streaking and marbling:

ATR_7747.thumb.JPEG.7c47acb9854dc2ba2ca8c5a513610fde.JPEG

 

 

WWC Peppermint cyphastrea... A weird thing is happening: its growing over and into the GSP, and where that is happening the cyphastrea polyps are getting a florescent green hue. I didn't think this could happen...

ATR_7748.thumb.JPEG.3eaf87ef473764a47568694b1abc5980.JPEG

 

 

 

 

Is it mating with the GSP? You’re gonna have green star cyphastrea?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Cannedfish
On 6/2/2020 at 9:08 AM, Dirté Sanchez said:

Is it mating with the GSP? You’re gonna have green star cyphastrea?

Oddly, I think it’s just absorbing some of the fluorescing zooxanthellae from the GSP... which in itself is pretty interesting. I guess it’s kinda like hanging out in the hot tub of a seedy Panama City Hotel, and a week later finding out you have the Clap... or so I’ve been told...

 

 

......

 

Photos?!

 

9B730C1D-938C-49C4-81BD-3C6176B51682.thumb.jpeg.d6c5f3553f33a351049295e14ad62bb5.jpeg
 

535DD520-7053-48DB-8E53-2ACDB87B6400.thumb.jpeg.4bb6952db499be4161f9d1bae234a1d6.jpeg

 

C39B4763-9D66-4B92-B700-514B0C6D4245.thumb.jpeg.4f1519a5195cfc4b49404c3298fb56f2.jpeg

 

424F2C68-96A0-4952-8F10-41B5A562BB04.thumb.jpeg.99489f4552cebe3216eefcf70d07a2c0.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
SURVEYMAN46123

Hey buddy!

 

If you're ever up my way, bring that camera.  I need some better shots of my tank.  😉

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Cannedfish

Not much to report on the ole tank, which, I guess, is both good and bad. Good, because it means I haven't been drunkenly playing with matches and fireworks (again) and haven't burnt the tank down; bad, because, quite frankly, it's less entertaining for everyone. Honestly, beside the fact the dino's reared their ugly head about two weeks ago, everything has been on auto-pilot. Even less exciting, I quickly was able to find the source of the dino issue: my UV bulb had burnt out. Four day, and some upgraded shipping later, it seems like the problem is gone. I know some of you will tell me, "the UV filter is a band-aid, and I need to find the real source of the dino issue," but you are clearly a wet blanket moonlighting as a sour puss. If the Flying Spaghetti Monster didn't want us to use band-aids, the why did he invent them. That's right, Einstein, check-mate. Anyways, because there is nothing to do, during "lock-down lite" I decided to clean out the back chambers, and was amazed and the shear amount of gross that came out. The bucket looked like I had intentionally set out to concoct a used diaper milkshake, and somehow had succeeded. Anyways, because I'm tired of taking the same pictures of my tank (you know because it's all of 10 gallons), I decided to switch it up, and took some pictures at my favorite LFS: Coral Fever, in Raceland, LA. Despite being pretty much in the middle of nowhere, it has some pretty incredible coral and fish, and even more so the owner is awesome. So here are a few shoddy pictures from there. The saddest part is, because my tank is pretty much full, that I didn't really bring any fun corals home, just a few Rastas, to add to the zoa "garden." Lame. Like a less capable, and much homelier Indiana Jones, I'm still on the hunt for the last showstopper acro... which I honestly, can't decide on. 

 

......

 

Pictures! (well some of them, I apparently hit the MB limit)   

 

Zoa Garden

ATR_7946.thumb.JPEG.9ba4ff77387fd1e1e1f073e1e0f55be1.JPEG

 

Confetti Colony:

ATR_7865.thumb.JPEG.60593e14261d97ad03f67c7db06b5480.JPEG

 

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Cannedfish

More photos... (keep hitting the MB limit...)

 

Meaty boy:

ATR_7883.thumb.JPEG.2bfe57c621e33dabeede44d52a08a3b2.JPEG

 

 

Raja Rampage:

ATR_7878.thumb.JPEG.603143501026fdbcadd05d5e564e5269.JPEG

 

Torches... so hot right now:

ATR_7928.thumb.JPEG.ff092a72e2cecf4aac90e68351958c9d.JPEG

  • Like 5
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Cannedfish

Still more... apparently, these are huge files:

 

 

Terrible motion shake picture of the SC OP under heavy blues (forgot the 85b filter and was too lazy to turn on the t5's) so this is the quality you've come to expect:

ATR_7858.thumb.JPEG.95e9a8c6969f52e965641bc04a99f74c.JPEG

 

 

Golly, I wish I could grow chalices... so cool:

ATR_7952.thumb.JPEG.e7c46df78336875da986a5f60874e7d2.JPEG

 

Digi colonies are incredible:

ATR_7868.thumb.JPEG.b1f8ff11d3a479fb84de69839baec111.JPEG

  • Like 3
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
mitten_reef

I need LFS like that one near me.  The two that I frequent are less than inspiring, but the owners are nice. 
Although I haven’t been to the one with an actual display reef tank in a while.  Maybe a trip is due for that one. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Cannedfish
12 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I need LFS like that one near me.  The two that I frequent are less than inspiring, but the owners are nice. 
Although I haven’t been to the one with an actual display reef tank in a while.  Maybe a trip is due for that one. 

A good LFS really makes the hobby more enjoyable. There are several closer to me (which are honestly really pretty awesome) but they aren't really geared towards the more niche sticks, so I drive the hour and ten minutes to this one. Below is the high end stick display tank. He is in the process of building a new one (which is, judging by the equipment alone, going to be insane), and has another huge display, but its not really filled out with coral (but it does have that acanthophyllia pictured above which is about a foot across and a pair of magma wrasses). Note though, this pic below is unfiltered, with deep blues on, so I was unable to really capture all the colors, especially the subtle reds and pinks (just kinda got washed over by the blue lights). Fun facts, there is a captive bred Gramma dejongi hiding in there somewhere and that tentacle-ly coral pretty much dead center (left of the torches) is a sizable Rhizotrochus, which is probably the number one coral on my bucket list. It's just insane. 

 

ATR_7917.thumb.JPEG.50f584c12c67c7d8d9b7c8f20e3a92ce.JPEG

 

  • Like 2
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
Reefkid88

Top notch pics there sir !!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
mitten_reef
43 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

A good LFS really makes the hobby more enjoyable. There are several closer to me (which are honestly really pretty awesome) but they aren't really geared towards the more niche sticks, so I drive the hour and ten minutes to this one. Below is the high end stick display tank. He is in the process of building a new one (which is, judging by the equipment alone, going to be insane), and has another huge display, but its not really filled out with coral (but it does have that acanthophyllia pictured above which is about a foot across and a pair of magma wrasses). Note though, this pic below is unfiltered, with deep blues on, so I was unable to really capture all the colors, especially the subtle reds and pinks (just kinda got washed over by the blue lights). Fun facts, there is a captive bred Gramma dejongi hiding in there somewhere and that tentacle-ly coral pretty much dead center (left of the torches) is a sizable Rhizotrochus, which is probably the number one coral on my bucket list. It's just insane. 

 

ATR_7917.thumb.JPEG.50f584c12c67c7d8d9b7c8f20e3a92ce.JPEG

 

well, that's one fairly unique scaping idea I could borrow....🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Cannedfish
45 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Top notch pics there sir !!! 

Thanks man! It's a work in progress...

 

21 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

well, that's one fairly unique scaping idea I could borrow....🤔

It's actually not far off the size of your new tank (maybe different dimensions, it's a 60 something gallon from Reef Savy. The interesting thing about the scape is that the "pedestal," it's on is three columns so there is a ton of swimming room for the fish, and the overhangs are great for NPS... There are definitely some things I would do differently, notably have the top of the scape be about 3 inces lower (all the acros are basically growing out of the water, if he turns off the return pump the tips are out of the water), but I love the "bonsai" style scapes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...