Pod Your Reef

Blenwood's Reef - 1st attempts at focus stacking

Cannedfish

ECLS Reefer
2 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Famous last words: “Dosing fluid swap going remarkably smoothly...”

Mo’ fotos...

Bonsai!!

8A8D6B53-0B7C-4D46-A298-8ABF29A6D0F8.thumb.jpeg.799f564b863181299a5fda58e1ff611b.jpeg

Zoom zoom!
E798BE8D-F69C-4CC9-A4CB-B60243EE675E.thumb.jpeg.dbb6c73119e48dc175da055c0891cea8.jpeg

Bring back Jorts!

53812920-576A-49DC-B2A3-4CA68683C78A.thumb.jpeg.eb7c7cdfbae4efdccf21094a34a7395e.jpeg

Challah, Holla, or Holler @ ya boi. 
1183CE3B-BAA0-447D-969C-44E83E210DFB.thumb.jpeg.fefeeb7a993f1fef28e13582f514dca9.jpeg

What kind of zoa is that?

• Like 1
mitten_reef
4 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

My thought too!?!  Looks Rasta-ish, but the colors are a little off.  
 Oh and the pinkish purple acro, is that the fireworks trying to show off its red polyps?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Top one: Wwc Twizzlers; bottom one: rastas... ‘mon. 

really fallen for zoas lately... and bourbon. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

My thought too!?!  Looks Rasta-ish, but the colors are a little off.  
 Oh and the pinkish purple acro, is that the fireworks trying to show off its red polyps?

Yup... I have high hopes... if it would grow... the polyps show serious potential. 

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer
5 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Gorgeous Rastas I wish mine would do something. They’re still pathetically small 

• Like 2
mitten_reef
11 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

Zoas are fun and the good ones pretty much guarantee colorful accent to the tank. If they weren’t so darn hard to keep under control (or are easier to frag), I’d keep more of them around for sure. 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

😍 you’re getting more yellow out of that piece than any of mine currently. 😅

Nola magic.. 👺🧞‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

#f***yeahdoggygoodf***ingcake

Haha! I might need to consult you about zoa frags while I fill in the garden as I know literally nothing about the zoa trend ... thus I don know what I’m picking out is good or absolute trash... today I came home with: rainbow infusions, Pink zippers, and blue hornets. Idk?!

• Like 2

Definitely good scores. All are OG's in the game of zoa's. 

Bowzers,Candy Apple Reds,Rainbow Hornets would also be killer pieces. Do you have InstaGram ? If so,check mine out. I haven't posted in a long time but I have tons of nice zoa pics here and my tank threads have a ton. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

Idk how you have any more for more frags lol. They look good though. 

Hahah, the goal is every square centimeter... that being said I figure I have absolute room 3 more acros; 9 more Zoas; and one more encrusting LPS. Then I’m literally out of every available square millimeter... til the monti is big enough to mount acros on it. I mean... zoas are the new acros! (Jk I love you acros)

• Like 1

I just don't want to see another crash. I feel like once these nano's get jammed backed,its immanent to happen sooner later. 

I don't want to see any bs happen again. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
On 6/23/2020 at 12:52 PM, Cannedfish said:

Dave the Emerald Crab

ATR_8111.thumb.JPEG.6529f6302b2c3313908965922c2974bf.JPEG

I don't like the way Dave is looking at me... 

That guy is up to something.

🧿   __   🧿

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
Cannedfish
On 6/28/2020 at 8:32 PM, mitten_reef said:

Just double up to the 20 heck go for the lagoon 25 while you’re at it. I’m sure you can find some space in the house that needs rearrangement 😬

On 6/28/2020 at 8:35 PM, jcreefer said:

JUST DO IT (Upgrade!!!), even the EVO 13.5 is 35% bigger than the 10!

Jeff

On 6/28/2020 at 8:42 PM, Reefkid88 said:

I just don't want to see another crash. I feel like once these nano's get jammed backed,its immanent to happen sooner later. 

I don't want to see any bs happen again. 

Much like my desire to be able to dunk, win the lottery, and do that "loud-whistle-thing-that-dad's-do-at-little-league-games," I also wish I had the realistic ability to upgrade the tank. Not only because I agree with @Reefkid88 and feel that at a certain point nano tanks become so unstable that a crash is almost inevitable, but because I also really really want a candy basslet to become Lorp the Possum Wrasse's new best friend, and "that ain't happin'" in a ten gallon. Unfortunately, like the 18th century hat craze, the problem is tri-fold: 1) there is literally no spot in our 140 year old traditionally NOLA laid out swamp shack where a tank would not only work with the interior design (which if you were wondering, is a mix between 1950's Las Vegas glam and a taxidermist studio), but would also be in a location where it was easily accessible to be viewed and and enjoyed (which is why I love having it in the kitchen); 2) increasing the size of the tank in the kitchen would require a very custom drop off tank, and cabinet work to accommodate a sump; 3) hopefully, we will do a kitchen remodel in the near-ish future which will accommodate an upgrade. In the meantime, while the tank is growing in and moving towards the zone of instability, I am attempting to implement upgrades that will hopefully prolong the crash as long as possible; hence the switch to All for Reef, a new skimmer, and hopefully a controller in the near future. 

On 6/29/2020 at 8:34 PM, kimberbee said:

I don't like the way Dave is looking at me... 

That guy is up to something.

🧿   __   🧿

HR has been receiving numerous complaints against the aforementioned troublesome employee. 

ATR_8212.thumb.jpeg.ceff92efed1103f56e082fc37ea8d0f5.jpeg

Anyways, as always, turrible photos!

ATR_8383.thumb.jpeg.db9f62e86e200cb6bf07f16cd1c20ce0.jpeg

ATR_8403.thumb.jpeg.531cbba7224452bfb0e27640e691ed48.jpeg

ATR_8294.thumb.jpeg.6f0860ef68fb923f04eee126d1d59cda.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Wow 1