Pod Your Reef

Blenwood's Reef - 1st attempts at focus stacking

Cannedfish

On 12/13/2017 at 11:36 PM, teenyreef said:

I think the FTS looks great! 

Thanks! One day, maybe, I will harness the force and manage to take a FTS that looks half as nice as yours. My contingency plan, however, it to continue taking overly shadowed slightly jarring photos that clearly show the reflection of the camera. Who knew this photography thing could be this hard?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Quick tank update with footnotes (beta test)!

Overall:

Much like the acting in a Hallmark Christmas movie, the tank has been doing, "meh." It hasn't exactly been a disaster, however, it does leave a lot to be desired (1). Like the salad course at a steakhouse, let's start with the bad news. First, despite being beloved by everyone except Randy Clam (who was treated like a college futon (2)), the Peterson's shrimp decided to flip everyone the bird, hop a train, and go check-out the afterlife. I don't know if he was old, apathetic, or just a dick, but it seemed like he gave up and decided not to molt. After awhile he started to look like he lived under an LA freeway overpass and then like any good drifter urinated in the stairway of parking garage and disappeared. Randy Clam, as mentioned, is not upset. Next, the recently acquired WWC Electric Lemonade Acro died, which is a bummer. Now, good news! Pee-pee the unfortunately named pipefish has started slurping up PE Calanus, which has significantly lowered the anxiety level of his tank keeper (3). Because he has been doing so well, I am think of getting him a lady pipefish. Not so much because it would make him happy, but rather so I can anthropomorphize the relationship, and really take these tank updates to the US Weekly level. There would be so much drama (4).

Tank Notes:

I have been having trouble keeping my alkalinity up (Calcium (420-440) & PH (8.2-8.3) have been fine), it often hovers around or slightly below 7. Concerned it might be my test kit, I have ordered another to verify this before I start heavily dosing. While nothing really looks upset, it does seem that growth as slowed ever so slightly. I do dose the full line of the KZ Nano Power Pact daily, and I suspect this is essentially akin to carbon dosing, which is in-part attributable to the alkalinity decrease, but I don't know. I have been maintaining daily water changes, so it's not overly concerning, however, it is a bit perplexing. Furthermore, I am considering switching out the skimmer for a reactor to help lower phosphates. The skimmer has never really pulled great skimmate, and due to daily feedings, the phosphate hover around 0.08. I have considered adding phosguard to the media basket, but am not ready to make that leap. Lastly, that was an entire poorly written paragraph without a single bad analogy or dad joke, your welcome. 

Footnotes:

(1) This analogy, of course, does not refer to or include, A Royal Christmas starring Lacy Chambert and Jane Seymour (who apparently is doing things other than Kay Jewelry commercials, surprise!) alongside a charming Stephan Hagan. This movie is truly a Christmas miracle. I'm an open minded individual, however, if you think otherwise, 1) you are wrong, 2) I hope you spill eggnog on your mother-in-laws fancy couch. 

(2) Basically a repository for ramen noodle juice, cheeto dust, crappy beer, and bodily fluids. It's essentially the command center for bad decisions, and likely the vector for the next global epidemic. 

(3) He was promptly rewarded with a poorly cut-out gold star which was safety pinned to his shirt, however, he lost it on the school bus ride home before being able to show his mom. Such is life.

(4) There would probably also be a section showing how fish are "Just like US!" showing pictures of Blenwood tying his shoe, Evil Pom eating ice cream, or the sexy shrimp laughing at a baseball game.  If you get that reference, you are probably, 1) a lady, 2) a dude living-with/dating a lady, or 3) spends too much time in the check out line of the local grocery store (not Whole Foods, who's magazine section is terrible, I don't care about "Wellness" or "World Politics," I just want want to know how Katy Perry cut her hair and became woke.)

To reward you for readin' all dem letters and words and such, here is a terrible photo of Penelope the Possum Wrasse. Sorry, not sorry. 

60A3C2E6-.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

Merry Christmahanakwanzika from Blenwood and the gang! We hope everyone got a Red Ryder BB gun but hope no one shoots their eyes out! 

IMG_0396.JPG

Thanks for the beautiful Christmahanakwanzika photo!

• Like 3

Happy New Year! I hope everyone did the right thing, and brought in 2018 by drinking cheap champagne and illegally lighting fireworks (ideally purchased from an overweight toothless man in sketchy tent located in some abandoned strip mall parking lot). As we all know, non-government sponsored New Years' celebrations are generally judged by the Shulman Principal, which theorizes that the that New Years' success is directly proportional to the anger expressed by your dogs and neighbors. With that being said, here in Uptown NOLA, although our street corner didn't quite resemble Fallujah circa 2004, as it has in the past, it certainly was  not a failure. We even got bonus points for having the neighborhood private patrol show up several times. 2018 is already looking up.

On the aquarium front, the long weekend meant the tank got a thorough cleaning, new corals were purchased, and there was  time to continue to fail at taking pictures.  So here is a top down shot and a picture of the new sunset mille that I picked up. 

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0403.JPG

• Like 7
16 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

So.much.green. 

While some of the tank's color can be attributed to the terrible (yet devilishly charming) photographer. The other 99% is, errr, problematic. Not only because it has shattered my faith in the wisdom of Kermit the Frog and thus rendered most of my core childhood beliefs a lie (it is actually easy being green), but mainly because I have, in fact, consciously attempted to avoid this issue. Despite my best efforts (which admittedly, are Busch League at best), several things have happened: 1) several early frags have exploded in sized which happen to be green (I'm looking at you Disco Biscuit, blue polyp monti, hideous GSP, and out-of-control birds nest); 2) unlike conventional wisdom, not everything on the internet is true, and several frags were significantly greener than the online photo suggested (button scolys and rainbow trachy); and 3) I am basically effing Dumbledore when it comes to turning supposedly colorful acros green (and I'm doing it without a wand, silly hat, or Hogwarts' training (don't pretend you're not impressed)). I'm hoping, however, this trend turns around, and things like the WWC Hyper Pink, WWC Purple Passion, Sunset Milli, etc, etc, actually turn out to look like they are supposed to. Although, I realize that user error (and probably cheap bourbon) are most like the root cause, any advice on getting better colors would be most appreciated. 

In the meantime, in attempt to ameliorate any eye strain and prevent the mean greens, here is a shoddy picture of Randy Clam and his Sexy Squad. 

Randy.jpg

• Like 8
On 1/2/2018 at 11:45 AM, Reefkid88 said:

Despite all da green,that clam is outrageous !!! 

Thanks man, I'm not sure I have ever seen a brighter blue, the pictures don't do it justice.

Now I have to figure out how to deal with a growing cyphastrea problem...

24 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Thanks man, I'm not sure I have ever seen a brighter blue, the pictures don't do it justice.

Now I have to figure out how to deal with a growing cyphastrea problem...

you could send the cyphastrea to me, I don't have any in my tank yet. :lol:

As far as green, be proud of the green, it's better than white skeleton.  Reducing nutrients (N & P) as well as more intense light might help.  Do you run purigen or phosguard or any type of those media at all?  I assume you still have plenty of room to increase light on the Prime.  Don't do all of it at once though, and do it slowly and left it be a for a week or two to observe. 

I didn't realize you have an IM10! Great scape, I couldn't even tell the tank was that small.   

On 1/4/2018 at 10:13 AM, micoastreefing said:

you could send the cyphastrea to me, I don't have any in my tank yet. :lol:

As far as green, be proud of the green, it's better than white skeleton.  Reducing nutrients (N & P) as well as more intense light might help.  Do you run purigen or phosguard or any type of those media at all?  I assume you still have plenty of room to increase light on the Prime.  Don't do all of it at once though, and do it slowly and left it be a for a week or two to observe. 

I didn't realize you have an IM10! Great scape, I couldn't even tell the tank was that small.   

I would offer to send you some, but I'm not sure it's something you necessarily want... While I don't mind the frags growing on my back wall, the cyphastrea encrusting on the main rock is worrisome. That piece I would compare to ill-placed rash: it started off small and unassuming (probably just a detergent allergy; definitely not the result of dubious decisions, absinthe, and an foreign "ay-ya disco-tech-a"), however, a few weeks later, it's grown into unpleasant monster that is attempting to eat my happiness. Unfortunately, in this case I can't solve the problem through the combination of a free European healthcare and penicillin. This is just an analogy, of course, but that being said, 'Tiffany' is a more fitting name than "meteor shower."

Now that that unpleasant business is out of the way: I appreciate the advice. I do run purigen and I just started using phosguard. I probably need to increase the phosguard, but I have been deathly afraid of stripping the water too fast. I will, however, increase the amount when I do my weekly maintenance. Furthermore, I agree light may also be the issue. I have been slowing increasing the amount of light by 3-4% a week (trying to get to the BRSTV numbers), so hopefully things will stabilize and I will begin to get colors other than green. At present keeping my alkalinity out of the basement has been the biggest issue. 

The tank is definitely tiny. I am just about out of all usable space (including the back wall). I really wish there was suitable space in the house for a bigger tank, but apparently the French, in perpetual attempts to epitomize myopia (see, Maginot Line), didn't foresee this need when designing this house in the 1800's. C'est la vie.

• Like 2

Been arguably the roughest week for the tank since it was set up. I can't really pinpoint the cause, but I'll update in more depth later this week when I give the full monthly update. I know reefing is generally a challenge, but weeks like this really highlight just how trying it can be, especially if you do care, take the responsibility seriously, and are emotionally invested. Anyway, here are a couple coral pictures.

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

• Like 7
On 12/1/2017 at 9:50 AM, Cannedfish said:

Good or bad, it's been a pretty interesting couple of days for the ole tank-a-roo. For the second time in as many weeks, temptation (and maybe some Belgium beer) got the better of me, and I went on an ill-advised Ebay spending spree. Much like the flutter of a butterfly, this little dalliance set in motion a disastrous chain of events, and now Blenwood won't talk to me.

It all started when I hit the bid button...and proceeded to both win and lose. Having been pretty much maxed out on tank real estate for a while, purchasing three additional acros only made my predicament worse. Furthermore, I have been unhappy with my aquascape for some time, and figured besting my foes on Ebay was definitely a sign from the tank gods that it was time to rescape.

To be clear, by rescape I mean the live rock chuck in the center of my tank was two inches to wide (front-to-back). As a result, the birdsnest was beginning to creep dangerously close to the front glass and due to its extreme growth rate the disco biscuit needed more room on the sand (I'm pretty sure its roiding out). I won the sixth-grade Geography Bee, making me more than qualified to knock-off two inches off the back of the rock; obviously this was going to be easy.

So Tuesday night I grabbed my trusty hammer, ripped a shot of liquid courage, treated the cats to one of those weird Asian Go-Gurt-like cat tubes, told Alexa to drop a sick beat, and got to work. Like so many well thought out plans, the second I started, was the precise moment everything went to shit. Within minutes, I managed to break the birdsnest, Blenwood managed to get trapped in the LR, I chipped the monti-cap, and dislodged nearly every frag that hadn't encrusted (pretty much all of them). To summarize in terms of pop diva's: the tank was basically 2007 shaved-head Brittney (a hot effing mess). Everything was sliming, Blen-Daddy scraped himself dislodging from the LR, and one of the Dendro threatened to call the cops. Let's just say, like Brittney's music after 2007, that hour was pretty awful. I'm still covered in super glue. 

Anyways, besides Blenwood, who is still pissed, everything is back to normal. The frags from the @World Wide Corals Ebay sale arrived yesterday. Sadly, one arrived DOA, but so far their customer service has been great (we will see how it turns out). For those who hate words (or my writing (it's understandable)), below is a post-rescape picture of Randy Clam and the new WWC Hyper Pink Acro. Moral of the story: don't buy cheap peanut butter. 

Clam Jam.jpg

WWC Hyper Pink.jpg

Playing catchup on threads I've neglected; ironically I won the sixth grade spelling bee and the seventh grade geography bee.  I think that makes me more than qualified to suggest that you name the forthcoming female pipefish "Queen Pee." :lol:

I do hope things in the tank will be alright, rough weeks are no fun to deal with.  And despite the potential for mediocrity, I enjoy your photographs. :)

• Like 2
On 12/1/2017 at 3:50 PM, Cannedfish said:

*snip* (and maybe some Belgium beer) got the better of me, *snip*

That stuff is dangerous, a real health hazard! You should ship it back to Belgium where certified experts can neutralize that evil, evil stuff.

Also why haven't I stumbled across this gem of a thread before? Definitely following for Disco Biscuit :D

On 1/8/2018 at 7:52 PM, Pinner Reef said:

Sorry to hear of the troubles. Tank still "looks" 'on point' though. Don't get discouraged... And keep up the good work.

Thanks for the support! The corals are doing fine, the fish, sadly have had a rough go. This has kinda reaffirmed how much of a novice I am, but if pee-wee football in the early '90's taught me anything, it's that concussions just mean you're trying. 

On 1/8/2018 at 8:51 PM, Lula_Mae said:

Playing catchup on threads I've neglected; ironically I won the sixth grade spelling bee and the seventh grade geography bee.  I think that makes me more than qualified to suggest that you name the forthcoming female pipefish "Queen Pee." :lol:

I do hope things in the tank will be alright, rough weeks are no fun to deal with.  And despite the potential for mediocrity, I enjoy your photographs. :)

Dang yo, you were definitely a middle school All-Star! I totally would have written you a note (folded it up all special like) and gave it to one of my home boys to give to one of your home-girls to give to you betwix classes ( kids with cell phones these days, don't know how good they have it).

Though obviously more qualified, you missed the obvious and best female pipefish name, "pipette." Don't worry though, my lady friend missed it too, and she has one upped us both, being a two time Jeopardy champion. 

On 1/9/2018 at 10:46 AM, Reefkid88 said:

That is a super nice Acro !!! I can't get over that clam still. 

I'm gonna miss my tank :unsure:

Thanks man! I'm hoping you're too far gone with the reefing illness and the need for a new tank will flare up quickly! Either way we all could benefit from your continued dispensing of knowledge!

On 1/9/2018 at 3:38 PM, KurtS said:

That stuff is dangerous, a real health hazard! You should ship it back to Belgium where certified experts can neutralize that evil, evil stuff.

Also why haven't I stumbled across this gem of a thread before? Definitely following for Disco Biscuit :D

Terrible and vile, indeed! I'm certaintly no geopolitical expert, but I'm pretty sure it's a less than an ideal solution to send the very weaponized yeast based liquid back to the crazy lunatics that created it, and in doing so endangered the productivity of the entire planet. As a result, I will be forced to dispose of it myself. It will be a difficult and trying task. A task that will likely be is followed by long naps and nearly incoherent and redicululs rants about small saltwater fish tanks (and terrible analogies), but it is my duty. A duty, I will accept with vigor.  

Anyway, here are some pictures of some acans... or judging by my recent bad luck (& photo skills)... acan't's

DSC_4877.JPG

IMG_0410.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
On 1/10/2018 at 10:57 PM, Cannedfish said:

DSC_4877.JPG

That echinata :o, I'm a sucker for yellow/gold color on corals.  the acan lord is nice too.

And the photography on this thread is top-notch, stop downplaying your skillz. 

• Haha 1

Monthly Update!! With Footnotes (Gamma Test (1))

Intro: The Tank and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

I would like to get the un-fun and sad things out of the way first. To say the least, 2018 has not started off well. As aforementioned, the first week was arguable the worst week in the tank's history. In the span of four days, the pipefish, possum wrasse, and a deep water acro all died. Both fish were eating well and active on the night prior to the morning I found them dead. Neither looked in any way unhealthy. At this point I still don't have a definitive answer to why this happened, nothing drastic was changed. Rather all other corals (my tank's visual barometer) have had both great PE and growth, and the tank as a whole has otherwise been looking good (for me). The best explanation I have for the fish is there may have been a crash in the pod population and they starved. This however, seem unlikely as they were fed amply each night and were both actively eating. I do want to say, while I try to keep my tank journal fun, I do take this hobby and responsibility very seriously, and things like are not taken lightly. As the care keeper,no matter the reason, I am ultimately at fault for the tank's well being. So currently Blenwood is alone, which I'm not sure he minds (he doesn't like to share the spotlight). I will be getting a friend for him, however, probably not till after the annual Mardi Gras trip. The dark side of me (as well as, the lady-friend), is whispering "candy basslet." We'll see, that's a lot of clams for a fish. 

Tank Notes: Mental Health Edition (technically, I'm kinda sorta a doctor)

Let's all go ahead and do what all healthy fully functioning American adults do, and just repress all the bad news from above and largely pretend it never happened. Our midlife crisis will probably be less then ideal, but up tell then... ignorance is bliss (2). With that being said, in the words of Tony the Tiger, things have been doing GRRRReat! (3) Despite everything always wanting to turn green, coral heath has seemed pretty okay. Polyp extension has been nice, and much like my childhood, while they may not be growing 'vertically,' they are doing a damn fine job getting thicker. (4) To quote our spicy housekeeper, Gloria, "Damn Girl, you lookin' thick, and I like that!" I have done some re-arraigning of the acros, in attempts to contrast shapes and colors better. While I might not be the aquatic Michael S. Smith, it's trending in the right direction (5). Additionally, the acans are pooping out babies like they live in backwoods Arkansas. Lastly, I think the clam is growing some sort of branching coraline algae, which is both cool and weird. I never know what that clam is doing.  

Puppy Update:

Just kidding, this section is about.... wait for it.... tank maintenance (queue, extreme disappointment). Sorry to get your hopes up (6). Warning: The following section will be boring. If you don't like puppies boring, skip ahead to the pretty (crappy) pictures. If you are an accountant, a masochist, or are just "too legit to quit," (7) read on at your own risk....

I have slightly tweaked my daily and weekly maintenance routine. First, in attempts to reduce my phosphates, I have stated adding a teaspoon and a half of Purigen to media basket carbon bag, and I am now changing that bag out when I do my weekly large water change (I am still doing a daily .75 gallon water change). Furthermore, after reading @DaveFason daily dosing regiment, I have totally "jocked his style," and started to dosing 2 drops Microbacter7 every morning when I dose the KZ nano line (which I have increased the dose to 2 drop of each per day) (8). The combination of these two things has had a dramatic effect of the little bit of nuisance algae I have, and significantly increased the amount of time it takes film algae to grow on the glass. Lastly, because my alk has been so low I have started dosing 1ml of Seachem Fusion 2 each morning, and testing several times a week after work. This has brought my alk up to the 8 range which is definitely better than the 6.5 basement that I had been living in. Not that living in a basement is a bad thing (see, My 20's); on second thought, yes it is (see, My 20's love life).

Now on to the pictures!

1) FTS as of 1/11/18

2) The psammo (?) you didn't know I had, and frankly I forgot about (9)

3) mo' acans! 

Footnotes:

(1) Or whatever comes after gamma. I feel like I should be able to recite the Greek alphabet twice before a lit match burns my finger... but I'm unsure... damn repressed memories. 

(2) Glass half-full, we can all look forward to (or regret) buying a motorcycle (under-powered Harley), dating a much younger woman (Tiffany), and getting a bad tattoo (barbwire armband). 

(3) I always found it strange that a carnivore was out peddling a decidedly non-meat based food. I'm not sure I should trust his opinions. Are the really GRRReat, or do you have ulterior motives...

(4) Let's just say, when shopping for clothes my acro's are familiar with the most depressing section of the children's clothing department, the "husky" section. 

(5) *insert joke about gaudy gold accents here*

(6) Not sorry. 

(7) MC Hammer's real name is Stanley Kirk Burrell. When you get that question right at this week's trivia night, you're welcome.

(8) Dave your tank looks amazing, sorry for "swagger jacking" your regimen and for using early '00 phrases to describe my copycatting. Thanks however, for the tip! 

(9) Much like my zoas (and Hull City) it has been relegated to an unloved area of my tank (boom bad English soccer joke!)

5a58e3db90c9b_FTS1_11_18.thumb.jpg.6b606d4f63b74819125862b281545bd7.jpg

psammo.thumb.jpg.6052007d526c56f6a4c058d2d9497f83.jpg

acans.thumb.jpg.d32ab0b07394d5a997d0c200038b02ea.jpg

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Monthly Update!! With Footnotes (Gamma Test (1))

Intro: The Tank and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

I would like to get the un-fun and sad things out of the way first. To say the least, 2018 has not started off well. As aforementioned, the first week was arguable the worst week in the tank's history. In the span of four days, the pipefish, possum wrasse, and a deep water acro all died. Both fish were eating well and active on the night prior to the morning I found them dead. Neither looked in any way unhealthy. At this point I still don't have a definitive answer to why this happened, nothing drastic was changed. Rather all other corals (my tank's visual barometer) have had both great PE and growth, and the tank as a whole has otherwise been looking good (for me). The best explanation I have for the fish is there may have been a crash in the pod population and they starved. This however, seem unlikely as they were fed amply each night and were both actively eating. I do want to say, while I try to keep my tank journal fun, I do take this hobby and responsibility very seriously, and things like are not taken lightly. As the care keeper,no matter the reason, I am ultimately at fault for the tank's well being. So currently Blenwood is alone, which I'm not sure he minds (he doesn't like to share the spotlight). I will be getting a friend for him, however, probably not till after the annual Mardi Gras trip. The dark side of me (as well as, the lady-friend), is whispering "candy basslet." We'll see, that's a lot of clams for a fish. 

Tank Notes: Mental Health Edition (technically, I'm kinda sorta a doctor)

Let's all go ahead and do what all healthy fully functioning American adults do, and just repress all the bad news from above and largely pretend it never happened. Our midlife crisis will probably be less then ideal, but up tell then... ignorance is bliss (2). With that being said, in the words of Tony the Tiger, things have been doing GRRRReat! (3) Despite everything always wanting to turn green, coral heath has seemed pretty okay. Polyp extension has been nice, and much like my childhood, while they may not be growing 'vertically,' they are doing a damn fine job getting thicker. (4) To quote our spicy housekeeper, Gloria, "Damn Girl, you lookin' thick, and I like that!" I have done some re-arraigning of the acros, in attempts to contrast shapes and colors better. While I might not be the aquatic Michael S. Smith, it's trending in the right direction (5). Additionally, the acans are pooping out babies like they live in backwoods Arkansas. Lastly, I think the clam is growing some sort of branching coraline algae, which is both cool and weird. I never know what that clam is doing.  

Puppy Update:

Just kidding, this section is about.... wait for it.... tank maintenance (queue, extreme disappointment). Sorry to get your hopes up (6). Warning: The following section will be boring. If you don't like puppies boring, skip ahead to the pretty (crappy) pictures. If you are an accountant, a masochist, or are just "too legit to quit," (7) read on at your own risk....

I have slightly tweaked my daily and weekly maintenance routine. First, in attempts to reduce my phosphates, I have stated adding a teaspoon and a half of Purigen to media basket carbon bag, and I am now changing that bag out when I do my weekly large water change (I am still doing a daily .75 gallon water change). Furthermore, after reading @DaveFason daily dosing regiment, I have totally "jocked his style," and started to dosing 2 drops Microbacter7 every morning when I dose the KZ nano line (which I have increased the dose to 2 drop of each per day) (8). The combination of these two things has had a dramatic effect of the little bit of nuisance algae I have, and significantly increased the amount of time it takes film algae to grow on the glass. Lastly, because my alk has been so low I have started dosing 1ml of Seachem Fusion 2 each morning, and testing several times a week after work. This has brought my alk up to the 8 range which is definitely better than the 6.5 basement that I had been living in. Not that living in a basement is a bad thing (see, My 20's); on second thought, yes it is (see, My 20's love life).

Now on to the pictures!

1) FTS as of 1/11/18

2) The psammo (?) you didn't know I had, and frankly I forgot about (9)

3) mo' acans! 

Footnotes:

(1) Or whatever comes after gamma. I feel like I should be able to recite the Greek alphabet twice before a lit match burns my finger... but I'm unsure... damn repressed memories. 

(2) Glass half-full, we can all look forward to (or regret) buying a motorcycle (under-powered Harley), dating a much younger woman (Tiffany), and getting a bad tattoo (barbwire armband). 

(3) I always found it strange that a carnivore was out peddling a decidedly non-meat based food. I'm not sure I should trust his opinions. Are the really GRRReat, or do you have ulterior motives...

(4) Let's just say, when shopping for clothes my acro's are familiar with the most depressing section of the children's clothing department, the "husky" section. 

(5) *insert joke about gaudy gold accents here*

(6) Not sorry. 

(7) MC Hammer's real name is Stanley Kirk Burrell. When you get that question right at this week's trivia night, you're welcome.

(8) Dave your tank looks amazing, sorry for "swagger jacking" your regimen and for using early '00 phrases to describe my copycatting. Thanks however, for the tip! 

(9) Much like my zoas (and Hull City) it has been relegated to an unloved area of my tank (boom bad English soccer joke!)

5a58e3db90c9b_FTS1_11_18.thumb.jpg.6b606d4f63b74819125862b281545bd7.jpg

psammo.thumb.jpg.6052007d526c56f6a4c058d2d9497f83.jpg

acans.thumb.jpg.d32ab0b07394d5a997d0c200038b02ea.jpg

Sucks about the dead dudes but the tank looks great. :)  

At just the mention of the Greek alphabet I am having flash backs of togas and shots and pukes- oh my! :scarry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 1/12/2018 at 10:23 AM, micoastreefing said:

And the photography on this thread is top-notch, stop downplaying your skillz. 

Don't be fooled it's all smoke and mirrors. Not dissimilar to the Kardashians in real life, a little Adobe magic can turn a bridge troll into a reality star. You think you're looking at some nice Acans, but in reality I was taking pictures slightly tarnished Precious Moments figurines. 

On 1/12/2018 at 10:58 AM, WV Reefer said:

At just the mention of the Greek alphabet I am having flash backs of togas and shots and pukes- oh my! :scarry:

Oddly enough my sophomore year I managed to do all three of those things while going through Canadian Customs. It was a much simpler time. Pretty sure that year took at least a decade off my lifespan...

...worth it.

Here's a picture of an  '90's troll doll unknown acro that's been encrusting like crazy and is hopefully beginning to color up (or like everything else maybe it will just stay green). 

IMG_0416.JPG

• Like 4

Let the games begin! This here toxic montipora is creepin' all R. Kelly fast like towards that there WWC Plum Passion acro. I was half tempted to move it, but then my good friend George T. Stagg and his friend Laissez Faire rudely butted in like, "Eh, let's see what happens. Les garçon be garçon." Or something like that I don't speak European. So let's see what happens. My money's on the acro, but if you're  a degenerate gambler like me and want to put a case of brew dogs on it, I'm game. 

May luck be on your side acro (unless you get pummeled, then I'll probably bail yo broke-ass out cuz you weren't cheap).p

IMG_0417.JPG

• Like 6
38 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Let the games begin! This here toxic montipora is creepin' all R. Kelly fast like towards that there WWC Plum Passion acro. I was half tempted to move it, but then my good friend George T. Stagg and his friend Laissez Faire rudely butted in like, "Eh, let's see what happens. Les garçon be garçon." Or something like that I don't speak European. So let's see what happens. My money's on the acro, but if your a degenerate gambler like me and want to put a case of brew dogs on it, I'm game. 

My luck be on your side acro (unless you get pummeled, then I'll probably bail yo broke-ass out cuz you weren't cheap).

IMG_0417.JPG

My Montipora Capricornis fought my Green Aussie Acro “passive aggressive style” by just growing around it and then covering it up!  

No muss no fuss. The poor dude is still under there. :lol:

• Haha 1