inTank Media Baskets

Blenwood's Reef - 1st attempts at focus stacking

Cannedfish

2 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

you need to get back in here and update us with the tank status.

Oh, ....and the chickens need an update of their own!  

I'm pretty sure hes dead and the chickens ate him😬🤯

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

I'm pretty sure hes dead and the chickens ate him😬🤯

Or went to the dark side of reefing............. R2R............:unsure:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, spectra said:

Or went to the dark side of reefing............. R2R............:unsure:

Nan I creeped on there when I had an apex issue that you losers couldnt help with and he wasnt active.. did see hair ball and wv on the dark side 😡😰

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
4 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Nan I creeped on there when I had an apex issue that you losers couldnt help with and he wasnt active.. did see hair ball and wv on the dark side 😡😰

I am there I just lurk................

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

I told you, it meant nothing to me. I swear!

• Sad 2
  • Haha 4
21 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

9 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

You sit on a throne of lies!!!!!!!!

Not gonna lie, don’t wanna upset fishnchix. But I did sign up for R2R a few weeks ago when coralvue was running the raffle for the pair of Gyre 2Ks. So that’s as far as I got, signed up and posted comment on the contest/raffle thread. 

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Not gonna lie, don’t wanna upset fishnchix. But I did sign up for R2R a few weeks ago when coralvue was running the raffle for the pair of Gyre 2Ks. So that’s as far as I got, signed up and posted comment on the contest/raffle thread. 

You two timing WHORE!!😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
2 hours ago, spectra said:

I am there I just lurk................

Sometimes I do that... but here 🙄🤗

oops, I mean... I never do that 😉

TGIF... beer time 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
This guy is extra salty
3 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

He gave a tease on Instagram right after new year, but went quiet since. 

Right!? 

1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

I’m on both for other people’s knowledge 

rather learn from others mistakes 

2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Haha

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alright... one week update! (...checks calendar...@#$&!+%).

So apparently, much like golf, amateur sumo wrestling, and penmanship, I’m bad at updates, and also math. Fortunately/unfortunately, much like hangovers in your 30’s, child support, and jock itch, I’m hard to get rid of.  Of course, I know nothing about the previously mentioned triplets (except for maybe jock itch... penmanship).

Anyways, in the last year, I’ve done some weird things, but getting out of reef keeping has not been one of them. I know, I know, you’re probably wondering if these weird things may include any of the following: eating yak cheese, meeting the queen of a foreign country, getting a house plant, throwing up all over an airport, eating pufferfish, stubbing my toe, and/or getting a puppy, the answer is maybe.... but one thing is for certain, still have poorly behaved chickens. I have also kept the reef tank going. I’ll go into details later (likely 2021), but the passion is back... so is the itching... 

For example, just this morning, while alone... because of social distancing and definitely not because of odor,   a beautifully wrapped package arrived from @Cultivated Reef, containing a few of my favorite things: raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles, and Walt Disney Acros, an Oregon tort, a few fancy acans... these are a few of my favorite things..  

Without moving to Austria, becoming a Nazi freedom fighter, and writing a musical, I can say that the mini reef is still up and running. I’ve (hopefully) ironed out many of the issues that have plagued the tank since the crash, and have put my money where my mouth is buy jumping back into the high(ish) end acro trade. I have also got three new day old chickens (Ayam cemanis ... look em up... super creepy). Anyways, despite being in quarantine since going to Bhutan, Les bon tanks rouler!

As always... terrible photos... (....and proofreading is for suckers....)

68166F4F-9A4F-41A6-9CB0-83499745BF80.jpeg

89CD30FE-AE46-4E09-AD09-0E38C4EEBBB6.jpeg

E305FF42-F224-49BC-A433-7740114B80EB.jpeg

DED5B3EB-0699-4574-9E3F-4CEF282DDAA9.jpeg

9D1F1A64-C93D-4FF9-8520-B4A291DB2099.jpeg

631BD25E-0C71-448B-BD7E-ED6F3F8B14A9.jpeg

696F5383-C316-41ED-AD84-A3D49605F393.jpeg

• Like 20
This guy is extra salty
8 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Alright... one week update! (...checks calendar...@#$&!+%).

So apparently, much like golf, amateur sumo wrestling, and penmanship, I’m bad at updates, and also math. Fortunately/unfortunately, much like hangovers in your 30’s, child support, and jock itch, I’m hard to get rid of.  Of course, I know nothing about the previously mentioned triplets (except for maybe jock itch... penmanship).

Anyways, in the last year, I’ve done some weird things, but getting out of reef keeping has not been one of them. I know, I know, you’re probably wondering if these weird things may include any of the following: eating yak cheese, meeting the queen of a foreign country, getting a house plant, throwing up all over an airport, eating pufferfish, stubbing my toe, and/or getting a puppy, the answer is maybe.... but one thing is for certain, still have poorly behaved chickens. I have also kept the reef tank going. I’ll go into details later (likely 2021), but the passion is back... so is the itching... 

For example, just this morning, while alone... because of social distancing and definitely not because of odor,   a beautifully wrapped package arrived from @Cultivated Reef, containing a few of my favorite things: raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles, and Walt Disney Acros, an Oregon tort, a few fancy acans... these are a few of my favorite things..  

Without moving to Austria, becoming a Nazi freedom fighter, and writing a musical, I can say that the mini reef is still up and running. I’ve (hopefully) ironed out many of the issues that have plagued the tank since the crash, and have put my money where my mouth is buy jumping back into the high(ish) end acro trade. I have also got three new day old chickens (Ayam cemanis ... look em up... super creepy). Anyways, despite being in quarantine since going to Bhutan, Les bon tanks rouler!

As always... terrible photos... (....and proofreading is for suckers....)

68166F4F-9A4F-41A6-9CB0-83499745BF80.jpeg

89CD30FE-AE46-4E09-AD09-0E38C4EEBBB6.jpeg

E305FF42-F224-49BC-A433-7740114B80EB.jpeg

DED5B3EB-0699-4574-9E3F-4CEF282DDAA9.jpeg

9D1F1A64-C93D-4FF9-8520-B4A291DB2099.jpeg

631BD25E-0C71-448B-BD7E-ED6F3F8B14A9.jpeg

696F5383-C316-41ED-AD84-A3D49605F393.jpeg

where is the FTS?

On 3/27/2020 at 6:11 PM, This guy is extra salty said:

where is the FTS?

As you know, am a bashful lass. I don't just send out nudies after the first first date! It's going to be a hot minute till I show off the goods, I need y'all to at least take me to Popeye's on a second date before posting a FTS...  Honestly, though, the tank still looks like its been "ridden hard and put up wet." If you know what I mean. 

On 3/27/2020 at 6:25 PM, mitten_reef said:

Blenwood looks fat and happy.  👍

Unfortunately, this is Blenwood II: the Electric-Boogaloo. The OG Blen-Daddy passed away this summer after four years, while jumping out of a crashing helicopter while trying to save a bunch of kittens from a burning building while being chased by wolves being chased by flying monkey after escaping from an island where dinosaurs were brought back to life but they escaped and went on a rampage and there was something to do with infinity stones. It was tragic, and dramatic. But, he was buried at sea with a full 12 gauge salute, and every year on his birthday we all gather round and pour out some of his favorite drink... which happened to be... Zima. Weird, I know. But... B-Wood II: the Electric-Boogaloo does have a really sweet barnacle that he rents for like really cheap, complete with cable, a fully carpeted bathroom (gross, who thought that was a good idea... they should be kicked right in the shin), and a Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville brand blender. Yep, that little old barnacle is a regular Cheeseburger in Paradise, if you ask me. 

On 3/27/2020 at 8:59 PM, Reefkid88 said:

Awesome update man !!! 

Thank, I'll try to due better with updating than last time. But no promises, I'm bad at both math and jump-roping, which technically makes me a bit of a wild card.

On 3/27/2020 at 6:11 PM, tanacharison said:

I'm soo happy the chickens are ok!! Seriously welcome back buddy. I owe you a beer.

We definitely, need to get back on the beer exchange. After having that 120 minute Doggish Head, I think i single highhandedly sold NOLA out of this years allotment, which also meant I was pretty much drunk  jovial all fall. No regerts. 

15 hours ago, Porkpie5000 said:

Those are some Death Metal chickens!

They literally have black hearts.... Black hearts!! Whats more metal than that. Even at less than a week old they are already showing signs that they will someday bite the head off a bat, and we couldn't be more proud. (Que metal guitar riff)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
Christopher Marks

It's good to have you back @Cannedfish, we sure missed ya! Glad to see you haven't lost your whit, chickens, or your reef in the meantime! ❤️ 

Were you really in Bhutan recently? That's pretty cool! Welcome to the quarantine club 🥂

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

It's good to have you back @Cannedfish, we sure missed ya! Glad to see you haven't lost your whit, chickens, or your reef in the meantime! ❤️ 

Were you really in Bhutan recently? That's pretty cool! Welcome to the quarantine club 🥂

Thanks! Weird to say but I missed y’all. Reefing just isn’t the same without being able to share my shortcomings and broadcast my reefing failures with the forum.

Yup, for some reason we chose to go to Bhutan, a country that only takes 29 hours of flying (pure in air time) to get to from New Orleans. A country where... and this is all true... the ATMs take holidays, penises are painted everywhere, it was closed to the west till the late nineties, the national sport is archery, where they got rid of the entire country’s only traffic light because people thought it was too impersonal, and the only country where the key economic indicator is gross happiness. Needless to say, it’s an unusual place. But honestly, it was pretty magical. We saw a lot of very old Buddhist temples, met the queen mother, and ate and drank some weird things (cordyceps tea... look that zombie funk up). Overall, Bhutan... two thumbs up!

No caption needed.

3940B20A-9728-4E20-A12D-4CDD91281BC2.jpeg

lil monks

AD937012-40C5-41BE-A846-E3E4A15BFBB6.jpeg

side of the road prayer flags and steam powered prayer wheel.

1C8A68AC-5C95-499A-BEE9-1AEB1B2A3E28.jpeg

Punakha Dzong 

E2FE55DE-242D-41DB-8C96-A89F720ECE04.jpeg

the infamous Tiger Nest

6D92FAC3-365B-4540-AC0D-5FFC178FAB49.jpeg

Small suspension bridge. 

81F6FF68-48F7-4A26-81C3-1B5E9E03D61D.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 3

Bhutan has created the GNH, and is also winning! My old man worked there for about 4 years, it’sa magical place from what I can tell! Great photos, and glad to see the reef is on the up and up!

• Like 1
On 3/31/2020 at 5:52 AM, debbeach13 said:

Very cool. Looks like you had a wonderful trip.

Thanks, it was a weird trip, to a weird place, at a weird time. Because we flew through S. Korea we have been in quarantine state an extra two weeks then everyone else....

12 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Bhutan has created the GNH, and is also winning! My old man worked there for about 4 years, it’sa magical place from what I can tell! Great photos, and glad to see the reef is on the up and up!

Really?! What did he do? I bet he has some awesome stories. We have been fortunate to travel all over the world, and I must say the Bhutanese people may be  the nicest we've encountered. I mean, we were hiking up to a temple, and the Queen Mother passed us on a pilgrimage to it, so we stepped off the trail (as you should with the royalty of a foreign country... I guess), and I'm standing there looking like the idiot I am, poorly wearing the traditional Bhutanese men's clothing (called a 'gho'), which is essentially a bathrobe that takes two people to put on. And she stops her whole entourage to talk to us, and tell us how happy she is that we were visiting Bhutan. And if that wasn't enough, says, with a completely straight face, that I looked handsome wearing the traditional goh. I stood there hoping that I could one day lie with the same amount of grace and class. 

Anyway... Crappy pics to help with people through social isolation:

UC Peep Show under 10k lighting... have high hopes this will turn into something special....

EF608733-5B5E-4EF2-9424-A2D480D9C9AB.jpeg

Oldie but goody:

6B423AD1-E97E-46CE-80AD-85821861EE84.jpeg

Highlighter tenius:

CCC5BF28-1828-4D5D-8965-A2AB6D5895B2.jpeg

Sassy Shrimp::

6705D120-363C-40B1-BF95-5E83EA53D344.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2