ReefCleaners.org

Blenwood's Reef - 1st attempts at focus stacking

Cannedfish

3 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

I’m 100% with you! Unfortunately, for all the people I have found, even the decent ones (or friends for that matter), if a booger is $100, a fat chunk is $400, and so on... It sucks but I’ve just come to accept it, escpecially if it’s something specific I’m looking for; I don’t really have the space luxury to fill up on unwanted pieces. Plus, I do get a weird satisfaction when I manage to turn a booger into a small colony. 

Reiterating above, @teenyreef already called the first HW frag (assuming I live that long, and bourbon doesn’t conquer my liver (fight on little buddy!!)), but no one has had a chance to call dibs on these yet. Luckily, because I’ll never have the space for a sizable frag system, I like to think of any future fragging as pure charity to the coral gods. Lord knows I need to work off some of the karma debt I amassed hexing all-y’alls contest frags with voodoo dark magic... sorry (not sorry).

Yeah, coral prices are stupid. But so are women’s handbag prices, and those don’t grow! Also I’m not a woman so I don’t have to buy handbags, so using terrible logic, basically I’m still even after buying frags. (Possibly my worst analogy, and I’m not even drinking... but screw it I've come this far! No REGERTS... errr... no turning back!)

No no! This is the off brand version of that! The DRawJopper! It’s not quite as expensive... but looks really close to the RR jawdropper. Also, if we are going to talk suicide, I really feel like the whole slit your wrist thing is like the worst way to go. Messy, disgusting, slow... hypothetically speaking, if you’re going do it (disclaimer: seek help first),  go out with some flair! Jump into the bear pit at the zoo! Or... I don’t know, get dropped off on now iceberg with a case of Champaign and trashy mags. 

Got them from a Louisiana guy that sells high end stuff primarily through IG. And I have to be honest, the frags arrived beautifully, had almost immediate PE. 

We’re talking strictly about coral right... or is there another reason my talk looks like a Timothy O’Leary fever dream...

Speaking of which... we need more pictures of your talk! It’s incredible! I’ll even sign a petition!

———-

Here’s the cherry bomb a few hours after being put in the tank. This, clearly awesome, photo was taken with the potato phone. (I also included a photo of one of our Siamese deciding whether he liked ramen (he is still undecided, if you please...)).

E6EB3326-2C4A-4713-928B-26686535F410.jpeg

6F4FF775-F1A4-4C71-9562-EE8EC1FA439A.jpeg

What's his name on ig?

• Like 1

Ok WTF a cat...................those things suck :lol:

and as for pics of my tank well it is pissing me off...........I lost a few zoas but all SPS is doing great..........I guess I need to check whats going on but  I dont do that.........last time I checked ALK was 2017 I think :lol:

• Like 1

"Yeah, coral prices are stupid. But so are women’s handbag prices, and those don’t grow! Also I’m not a woman so I don’t have to buy handbags, so using terrible logic, basically I’m still even after buying frags. (Possibly my worst analogy, and I’m not even drinking... but screw it I've come this far! No REGERTS... errr... no turning back!)"

This is the best rationale for spending money on reefing I've ever seen :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
1 minute ago, teenyreef said:

"Yeah, coral prices are stupid. But so are women’s handbag prices, and those don’t grow! Also I’m not a woman so I don’t have to buy handbags, so using terrible logic, basically I’m still even after buying frags. (Possibly my worst analogy, and I’m not even drinking... but screw it I've come this far! No REGERTS... errr... no turning back!)"

This is the best rationale for spending money on reefing I've ever seen :lol:

You need a bag with that coral Teeny :lol:

• Haha 3
21 minutes ago, patback said:

What ettiquite on his page?  You just ask if something he posts has frags?

Yeah, he’s really pretty easy to deal with, just dm him with what your looking for and he can help you out. He deals with pretty high end stuff, but he’s frags are pretty good size and reasonably priced, he’s (at least from my experience) real legit all the through the process. He cut the frags to order, send pics, let them heal a week or two, sent pics, and then shipped with tracking info ect. 

—— 

I got some pics of the mother colony of the DrawJopper... (I’m pretty sure excited about Z’s Prize as well)

24443A3D-B82E-4C87-8CA2-39A2003E0230.png

E7F0E6BD-08E0-4378-9C57-4D7FB571D493.png

• Wow 1
9 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Yeah, he’s really pretty easy to deal with, just dm him with what your looking for and he can help you out. He deals with pretty high end stuff, but he’s frags are pretty good size and reasonably priced, he’s (at least from my experience) real legit all the through the process. He cut the frags to order, send pics, let them heal a week or two, sent pics, and then shipped with tracking info ect. 

—— 

I got some pics of the mother colony of the DrawJopper... (I’m pretty sure excited about Z’s Prize as well)

24443A3D-B82E-4C87-8CA2-39A2003E0230.png

E7F0E6BD-08E0-4378-9C57-4D7FB571D493.png

wait you call THAT, a mother colony?  

A couple more branches and my acro contest frag will be mother colony wooohoo!!omgomgomg

NICE COLOR THOUGH! can't beat that!

1 minute ago, spectra said:

Fanny pack.................WTF :blink:

(Psst... it’s all part of my favorite game: “help make me, help make *insert name*, make a bad decision (in this instance we are entering teeny’s name))

What do you mean, fanny packs are totally hip to the beat. They are in no way square. Super cool. I would totally wear one...

• Haha 3

Catching up on the whole summer of posts I missed while Nano-Reef slacking. When I read that you have house chickens,  I thought, "That explains so much..."

On 7/13/2018 at 11:28 AM, Cannedfish said:

Doesn’t everyone have house chickens...

EB9A0410-FE69-4CF7-9763-42B2BF4C9425.jpeg

2C3D0FD1-4C48-4A63-A66A-DC42DE4D800B.jpeg

What I want to know is,  1. Do the chickens wear diapers (the kind made for house chickens), and 2. Where is the next part of the chicken story?

On 7/26/2018 at 11:30 PM, Cannedfish said:

That’s the planted tank in my office. Home to Murderburger the Betta.

Funny story: Because I didn’t want to take a janky tank to the office, the planted was originally and temporarily  grown out in our kitchen (where the SW is now). When it finally grew out and I  took it to work, we kinda missed having a dumb fish to anthropomorphasize, which (because of the oft mentioned space issues) inevitably lead me to N-R (which I stalked for about a year), which lead me to @teenyreef tank, which lead to an IM10, which resulted in Blenwood, which lead to coral, which ultimately has created an obsession and resulted in many many Amex Delta Miles (Thanks to B-Money-Cash-$$ we will be in Brazil in October!!). 

To summarize: besides eating a small fortune in expensive cherry shrimp, Murderburger was the gateway drug to nano reefing. Here is an absolutely terrible photo of the office tank in all of its 3.7 gallons of glory. 

A96C1620-7B39-4114-948D-45B09FE2D14F.jpeg

Murderburger is gorgeous and clearly knows it!

On 9/11/2018 at 1:37 PM, Cannedfish said:

PPC:

1301E917-8A0C-424D-B0A9-033800B8CE1D.jpeg

What a great picture! Your description of her sounds like my old pom pom crab Shelby lol.

Is the walking dendro a new one, or did the old one grow back? It's gorgeous, regardless! As is the whole tank, hypeboogers and all. 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Where is the next part of the chicken story?

On 7/26/2018 at 8:30 PM, Cannedfish said:

Yea  @Cannedfishwhere is the next part of that dang story. We have been in suspense for weeks now......

• Like 2
On 9/28/2018 at 4:25 PM, Lula_Mae said:

What I want to know is,  1. Do the chickens wear diapers (the kind made for house chickens), and 2. Where is the next part of the chicken story?

If the question was “do the chickens HAVE chicken diapers (which they prefer to call poop pantaloons)?” Then the answer would have been yes. Infact they have several poop pantaloons in all sorts of jazzy colors and patterns, including camo (you know because Louisiana). Unfortunately, that wasn’t the question. No they don’t wear there chicken diapers, mainly because the vehemently claim that forcing birds to where clothing is oppressive and just another part of the ‘patriarchy,’ whatever that means. Luckily, however, we feed them a lot of fiber, making their chicken ‘business’ firm and easy to pick up. Furthermore, most of our house has 140 old terribly uneven hardwood floors which also helps. Lastly, one of the chickens, aka “the good birb,” comes inside and immediately goes to her perch at night (a rather fancy chair in our dinning room)  and doesn’t leave til the morning. The other one, aka “the bad birb,” is a menace to society and a terror to the dog, and in all honestly, should be locked up. 

Regarding the next chapter: it appears the natives are getting restless, which means I’ll probably have to get off my hinny and pound it out. Let’s put the tentative and non-binding deadline at the end of next week. Heck, I don’t even remember where I left off? Had I mentioned the incident with the Burger King drag queen? I’ll have to back and check. 

Sadly, the walking dendro is the second one. As the first one “Jerome,” succumbed to the injuries sustained in the gruesome and unwarranted Echinata assault. For the second Dendro I opted for less of a performance engine, and this one doesn’t move have as much as the first one. The first work must have been all juiced up on trucks top caffeine pills, because that little peanut could scoot!!

On 9/28/2018 at 4:46 PM, Weikel said:

Yea  @Cannedfishwhere is the next part of that dang story. We have been in suspense for weeks now......

It’s coming!! It’s coming!! True art cannot be rushed! Or something...

————

Alreight! Picture time!!

Lepto through the rat’s nest:

7CF3F43D-22CF-4280-AF6D-EE82CA7B98B8.jpeg

Started off off as a brown acan turd:

F4E6323E-CDF5-429A-8621-1E6B71459366.jpeg

This thing won’t grow:

77481B19-9D3A-4401-A1BC-9D5E39D63B14.jpeg

The 2nd bane of my tank:

15BAEDB9-8392-44DE-8452-D99C0E23A534.jpeg

Base-model dendro:

B1546624-8FAF-4483-9781-C08F0FD877AD.jpeg

Cherry bomb:

E55FD3FF-9710-436E-A1EB-1AC92B9CC055.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

Everything seem okay?  A good part of being neurotic and anxious is that I end up checking salinity 10-15 times before actually changing water because "did I read that number right?"

18 minutes ago, patback said:

Everything seem okay?  A good part of being neurotic and anxious is that I end up checking salinity 10-15 times before actually changing water because "did I read that number right?"

At this point I’m definitely not a trustworthy narrator, but I think everything will be fine.

To overcome my general reefing ineptitude, I do a lot of small WC 10-20% throughout the week, and thus did a quick 20% WC tonight.

Immediately, something looked off, as my Bali Slimer and Upscale Microlados’ polyps retracted (like my Buddy Mitch they are my bellwethers, if Mitch starts throwing up or gets arrested, you know sh$t just got real) , sure enough my saltwater bucket was at unmixed (first time ). I immediately started mixing new saltwater, praying, and swearing at the dog (slow down...before y’all get all up in arms, we are pretty sure she’s deaf). Simultaneously, I also began syphoning water out of the tank. 10 minutes, a small panic attack, a sizable amount of Buffalo Trace, and an 80% WC later, I think everything will be fine. A few things (Cali tort, homewrecker, acans)  seem a bit angry but they should be okay. I used to think it was weird (and slightly creepy) when people said you need to know The personality of your tank. But they are absolutely right, know your corals and they will immediately tell you it something is up (and they are much more reliable than Mitch, who is probably passed out in a park right now). 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

Because it’s scientifically known that Tuesday’s are the worst day of the week, here are some mediocre pictures of the train wreck on weeks known as the Blen-Castle. At very least you can take some  solace knowing your tank is probably in a better shape and that you and your fish are slightly less obese. As you can deduce this whole situation has a bit of a finess issue... but Louisiana. 

Cherry Bomb glued right to the monti

340A1E7B-0D13-4982-82A0-7E00CFCB4A9E.jpeg

Zoas being taken over by the monti (aka the living frag rack)

FB41A168-AA56-46DA-9A44-5076FBECF108.jpeg

Barbie Birdsnest (slowest growing BN ever)

D3E6B0B8-B2DA-4110-B2DA-AD7243F9B135.jpeg

Blen-$$ with his trademarked "dumb guy look"

6B52FDC7-6F4A-4164-888F-87C8937196A1.jpeg

Lorp, huntin' them cubes:

6C91F862-9263-49F2-B629-D7D98190E0DB.jpeg

• Like 10
3 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Damnnnnn that cherry bomb is going to be amazing !!! 

I have to admit, I have been really pleased with this frag. Not only do the colors keep getting better, but it is super hairy, and might be the fast growing acro I’ve got. So my fingers are crossed that is gonna be a good one!

• Like 3