Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Need opinions of feeding options

lkoechle

So coming back from hurricane Irma, my tanks went 5 days without feeding.

Everyine was fine, but my clingfish are both skinny after not being fed for 5 days.

Now, from my research, they hang on rocks and eat "tiny crustaceans".  They dont have snicker mouths like sea horses or dragonets.  So I am not sure if having a large pod population would help.  Its flat with the mouth a slit at the front, not the bottom. 20170818_134829.thumb.jpg.f7cc21bc5191064c53469418208b369d.jpg

I am trying to come up with idea for if something like this happens again.  Anyone have any thoughts or ideas? I was thinking some kind of live food (ie pods) to help sustain when I am not here. But I dont know if they eat those...

Any thoughts?

37 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

No idea, but here's a bump.

I hope you can fatten them back up! 

Thanks! They are pigs so they should. :) Definitely some of my favorite fish! They will sit in your hands and nibble at your fingers

i had one that would take frozen mysis and sit on the turkey baster to get it

To start i would put him in a pitcher of water without flow but an entire cube of mysis for around an hour because that worked for me

• Like 1
2 hours ago, lobster876 said:

To start i would put him in a pitcher of water without flow but an entire cube of mysis for around an hour because that worked for me

Oh they eat.  They come right out and sit on my hands and will eat on tongs or whatever your using.  But they got so skinny in 5 days I am just looking for some kind of "live" option like pods I can dump in my tanks before the next evacuation. lol To help them keep weight better when I am not able to feed them.