ReefCleaners.org

Rory's fusion 10: now rocking a reefled 50

Rory282

Mine makes the same noise,but you can't hear it until everything in the room is off,which thankfully its only when we aren't home,seeming the tank is in the bedroom. 

It doesn’t bother me that much, only the missus is complaining about it. And that’s the last thing i need :D. Fact is even with the tv on i can still hear it pretty good. 

So glad it arrived! You never know with customs. The fan will have noise but should be toned out once you have the tank setup. It will be the loudest thing with an empty tank! :P

On 11/11/2017 at 12:01 PM, VaporCountry said:

Hell yea thats awesome. The nanobox lights look so nice, love the design and ascetics. Im setting up a 30L and really would like one but is out of my budget. Was thinking about maybe DIY a light. When do you plan to get things rolling along? Did you decided on an ATO yet?

Dave do you sell the nanobox quad unibody housing by itself if someone wanted to do a DIY fixture?

I do not, sorry! 

-Dave

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Mine isn't that loud. Maybe turn it down some ? 

i could try this, don't know what the lowest fan setting is so the light doesn't overheat.

1 hour ago, DaveFason said:

So glad it arrived! You never know with customs. The fan will have noise but should be toned out once you have the tank setup. It will be the loudest thing with an empty tank! :P

-Dave

So how should i explain this to my wife? The overall noise is going to get worse or the fan noise is going to get better :D.

Btw, i couldn't help myself, the acrylic lid is already installed B).

Can you tell me what type fan the light is using?

• 2 weeks later...

So, i’m having problems with my nanobox... Bluefish tells me the device is offline and i can’t configure the blinkup. It gives me a short red light, a long red light and a short red light. Also the driver is really buzzing... anybody knows what’s wrong.

Happy thanksgiving everyone.

@DaveFason, have you got any idea? Thx! 

Edit: fixed the problem!

Looked at the electric imp blinkup chart and found my problem. Did a full reset on my router, reconnected the bluefish with my network and it was good to go! 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Rory282 said:

@DaveFason, have you got any idea? Thx! 

Edit: fixed the problem!

Looked at the electric imp blinkup chart and found my problem. Did a full reset on my router, reconnected the bluefish with my netwerk and it was good to go! 

I will add this to the website as well. A few hiccups that I have had lately is the amount of devices on one router. Some support 5-15 devices while others support many more. This day and age 5-15 devices may not be enough for one house! 

Glad all is well and running. Now get the tank going. ;) 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Yeah,blinkup gave me a hour worth of headache lol. So,pics or it didn't happen. 

Eeeeuuuhh no pics sorry mate :). Just glad i solved the problem. 

21 hours ago, DaveFason said:

I will add this to the website as well. A few hiccups that I have had lately is the amount of devices on one router. Some support 5-15 devices while others support many more. This day and age 5-15 devices may not be enough for one house! 

Glad all is well and running. Now get the tank going. ;) 

Yes, that chart was very helpful. 

Yeps 15 devices or more is common these days. 

Tank will be wet next week B)

So this is the list i ordered, once everything arrived it’s finally start up time!!! B)

Also my polycarbonate lid should arrive this or next week. So excited! Can’t wait! 

CDA2D956-A42B-4482-9D33-8227BD4E11AB.thumb.jpeg.7c1e0d9755b24b9654e86a268016236a.jpeg

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

So you are gonna try the AF salt ? Let me know how you like it,I absolutely hated it. Let me know how you like it. 

Will do my friend. 

If i could i would buy fritz rpm salt but they don’t sell it here in Belgium so trying af probiotic. They say the probiotic version adds some beneficial bacteria each time you do a wc. 

Raindrops, reef tops! 

Just received my custom lid from reef tops. Fit and finish is perfect! Super glad with this. Tank looks way better now.

0A4537E3-4E19-4A5B-8F1D-AD1162EB8C6E.thumb.jpeg.c6a6b6a1254bd1070e812440c99671f2.jpegDA542E14-624E-4BBF-B5F4-66F8C9C4FFB4.thumb.jpeg.20aae04cc0cc0ee2e69ef901cd0b31df.jpeg9CBD90D3-01BC-4DB9-8E96-3F8838523F7F.thumb.jpeg.30c779d01a582f96fdb1209fd35e9653.jpeg

Me happy! :D

• Like 9

That lid is beautiful! The biggest thing I don't like about my lid on my IM10 is there's no feed door. And I love how the setup looks on the stand.

On the fan...

#1: follow Dave's advice on fan speed since he's the one who will fix it if you burn it up :)

#2: for me personally, my light seems to stay quite cool with the fan at about 70% during peak times, and less after hours. Unless you are running all the channels at a high level, you may be able to run your fan at a speed that's not too noisy. 

On 12/4/2017 at 7:56 AM, Rory282 said:

Raindrops, reef tops! 

Just received my custom lid from reef tops. Fit and finish is perfect! Super glad with this. Tank looks way better now.

0A4537E3-4E19-4A5B-8F1D-AD1162EB8C6E.thumb.jpeg.c6a6b6a1254bd1070e812440c99671f2.jpegDA542E14-624E-4BBF-B5F4-66F8C9C4FFB4.thumb.jpeg.20aae04cc0cc0ee2e69ef901cd0b31df.jpeg9CBD90D3-01BC-4DB9-8E96-3F8838523F7F.thumb.jpeg.30c779d01a582f96fdb1209fd35e9653.jpeg

Me happy! :D

Where did you get that lid!!

On 7/12/2017 at 4:08 AM, teenyreef said:

That lid is beautiful! The biggest thing I don't like about my lid on my IM10 is there's no feed door. And I love how the setup looks on the stand.

On the fan...

#1: follow Dave's advice on fan speed since he's the one who will fix it if you burn it up :)

#2: for me personally, my light seems to stay quite cool with the fan at about 70% during peak times, and less after hours. Unless you are running all the channels at a high level, you may be able to run your fan at a speed that's not too noisy. 

Thx Teeny, even though there is nothing in the tank yet. This means a lot to me you already like my setup B). Thanks for the fan advice, i will keep my fan levels a little higher than yours just to be safe :). Yes the feeding door was a must. Although the lid is small, it’s not that handy without the feeding door. 

On 7/12/2017 at 5:38 AM, AnonymousRfr said:

Subscribing. I really like how this is coming along.

Thx and welcome on my build thread! 

9 hours ago, dferrari13 said:

Where did you get that lid!!

I bought it from ReefTops, you can find (Mark) him on facebook. He is uk based. He makes a lot of tops for reefers and custom tops. Mine was his first one for a fusion 10. I drew him a little sketch and voila my lid was made! 

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, VaporCountry said:

That top is so sweet man, looks great with the nano box. I didn't even know they existed lol. 

Now you just need a matching ATO container :P

I think i’m going to use a small denerle 10 liter tank, it has a glass top so should be perfect. Ato container is going to be setup in the lower left cube of the cabinet. 

604F27EA-7116-4DCB-A641-BDEB3FE3EB85.jpeg

• Like 1