Pod Your Reef

Rory's fusion 10: now rocking a reefled 50

Rory282

3 hours ago, VaporCountry said:

lol you called it. Did you order an ATO yet? Shame it isn't out yet. I couldn't find any dimensions on it but it looks like it would work.

As far as salt I'm using Redsea coral pro. It seems ok but i have heard good things about Fritz RPM salt. I ordered a small bag to try once I'm out of this Redsea.

Did you nanobox come in yet? Im a little jealous....that is one nice light

Nope, i haven’t ordered one yet. 

Going to read and watch some reviews about the icecap ‘tmc’ ato and the pacific sun sentry ato. 

If i could find fritz rpm salt here that would me my top choice! 

Haven’t received my nanobox yet, i think it isn’t even shipped. Asked for info on monday but Dave is a bussy man running his one man show. No stress i have had pacience for over 4 years before i ordered one :D .

• Like 1
On 9/12/2017 at 5:44 PM, Rory282 said:

Stand: ikea kallax (do you think this is strong enough?)

I, too have the same stand, and it is definitely sturdy enough for the IM 10. However, avoid getting salt water seeping into the seams of the shelf. Over time, it will soak up the cardboard material within the core and cause it to crumble.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/10/2017 at 10:56 AM, peacemaker said:

I, too have the same stand, and it is definitely sturdy enough for the IM 10. However, avoid getting salt water seeping into the seams of the shelf. Over time, it will soak up the cardboard material within the core and cause it to crumble.

Thx for the info, going to try to avoid spilling any water on the cabinet. I will always use lots of towels! 

On 28/10/2017 at 11:50 PM, Ryebreadiest said:

Could the stand be painted or coated with something to seal it?

That might not be a bad idea! 

In other news... Still no shipping info on my nanobox :(.

Damn i have to be patient for this light... 

So, i had to wait quite a bit before my nanobox was being shipped. I must admit i even became a little bit nervous. Now Dave send me a message he is giving me a free nature and vivid lid for the time i had to wait :D.

Dave is the best! Thx man! 

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Rory282 said:

So, i had to wait quite a bit before my nanobox was being shipped. I must admit i even became a little bit nervous. Now Dave send me a message he is giving me a free nature and vivid lid for the time i had to wait :D.

Dave is the best! Thx man! 

No problem. Shipping INTL lately has been a royal PIA. Trying to help with tariffs and duties on your side. :D

-D

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So my Nanobox arrived, what a great beautiful light!

It just looks so perfect over my fusion 10.

76D770AE-B0C7-4098-A9DF-0D73167DB3C0.thumb.jpeg.27312be2c2cda57af83e6148cddc2df6.jpeg

I waited a really really long time for this moment. Been going back and forth for like 4 years on pulling the trigger on one of these.

375F22C8-87B5-4C23-BC19-DD70D7DDB7A9.thumb.jpeg.17a11b01ba4a0ae78e728464accfe69c.jpeg

what a beauty! :D

These are the extras Dave gave to me. 

D08E21B1-9FE7-4B65-95A3-A61D8CB104E7.thumb.jpeg.6347fb0492d8605d010f2b3f987dcfc6.jpeg

Nice wood and acrylic lid for free B).

So i turned it on and man i was stunned! What a beautiful light. 

Really pleased with my purchase! Dave makes fantastic looking lights that’s for sure!

The only thing i have to get used to is the fan noise. It’s a little bit louder is a tought it was going to be. But with a 9 months old baby around there is noise in my living room almost all the time :D.

Just one question, how do i switch off the light? Unplug it or can i use the app?

• Like 4

Hell yea thats awesome. The nanobox lights look so nice, love the design and ascetics. Im setting up a 30L and really would like one but is out of my budget. Was thinking about maybe DIY a light. When do you plan to get things rolling along? Did you decided on an ATO yet?

On 11/1/2017 at 2:58 PM, DaveFason said:

No problem. Shipping INTL lately has been a royal PIA. Trying to help with tariffs and duties on your side. :D

-D

Dave do you sell the nanobox quad unibody housing by itself if someone wanted to do a DIY fixture?

58 minutes ago, VaporCountry said:

Hell yea thats awesome. The nanobox lights look so nice, love the design and ascetics. Im setting up a 30L and really would like one but is out of my budget. Was thinking about maybe DIY a light. When do you plan to get things rolling along? Did you decided on an ATO yet?

My daughters first birthday is on 02/02/2018. I’m planning to buy her a clownfish as one of her presents. So next week i’m buying salt and adding water to it so it can cycle for a couple of months. 

Planning to buy everything else on black friday including the ato. Think i’m going for the tunze 3155.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Rory282 said:

So my Nanobox arrived, what a great beautiful light!

It just looks so perfect over my fusion 10.

76D770AE-B0C7-4098-A9DF-0D73167DB3C0.thumb.jpeg.27312be2c2cda57af83e6148cddc2df6.jpeg

I waited a really really long time for this moment. Been going back and forth for like 4 years on pulling the trigger on one of these.

375F22C8-87B5-4C23-BC19-DD70D7DDB7A9.thumb.jpeg.17a11b01ba4a0ae78e728464accfe69c.jpeg

what a beauty! :D

These are the extras Dave gave to me. 

D08E21B1-9FE7-4B65-95A3-A61D8CB104E7.thumb.jpeg.6347fb0492d8605d010f2b3f987dcfc6.jpeg

Nice wood and acrylic lid for free B).

So i turned it on and man i was stunned! What a beautiful light. 

Really pleased with my purchase! Dave makes fantastic looking lights that’s for sure!

The only thing i have to get used to is the fan noise. It’s a little bit louder is a tought it was going to be. But with a 9 months old baby around there is noise in my living room almost all the time :D.

Just one question, how do i switch off the light? Unplug it or can i use the app?

Open Bluefish,and go to the little gear looking thing in the top right,go to lighting and start at morning with your start time and eveing with your off time and you are done for on and off. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Open Bluefish,and go to the little gear looking thing in the top right,go to lighting and start at morning with your start time and eveing with your off time and you are done for on and off. 

Thx Reefkid88! 

So the noise the fan makes is becoming an issue. My wife is already complaining about it. You can always hear it, even when the tv is on. How is everybody elses fan noise? 

14 hours ago, gogeta said:

Set ups looking good! Nice looking top for the tank too

Thx, top is the one that came with the tank going to get me an acrylic one. 

17 minutes ago, Rory282 said:

So the noise the fan makes is becoming an issue. My wife is already complaining about it. You can always hear it, even when the tv is on. How is everybody elses fan noise? 

Thx, top is the one that came with the tank going to get me an acrylic one. 

Check if there is excess wire that’s touching/hitting the fan blade. If so, try to tease it out of the way. 

That was the cause of fan noise on my NBR, I have the old body quad

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Check if there is excess wire that’s touching/hitting the fan blade. If so, try to tease it out of the way. 

That was the cause of fan noise on my NBR, I have the old body quad

Thx man, going to check this asap! 

1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

She's soooo cute!

ETA: but probably not reef safe! :lol:

Thx Lula, yeah and liveaquaria says 50+ gallons ;)

1 hour ago, Kellie in CA said:

I've had a couple of fans go bad in mine over the years and they got pretty loud. But straight out of the box the noise shouldn't be very noticeable. 

Well the sound is noticeable, it’s not ratteling or something but i can hear it ramp up and down if it’s on 80% and pretty loud when it’s on 90%.