Pod Your Reef

Nice update.   Looks like the tank is coming along well. 

On the topic of the flow adapter - If you don't mind, would you shoot those measurements my way as well?  I have the piece and could obviously measure myself but I have the crappy plastic calipers from harbor freight so not sure how accurate I would be... 

One nice thing about the tunze scraper is that it's less likely to pick up rocks and scratch the glass.  I almost got this one but at the time there weren't many pictures or videos of the pico one so I opted for the twolittlefishies one.  While tiny I doubt it's nearly as effective as the tunze pico.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ajmckay said:

On the topic of the flow adapter - If you don't mind, would you shoot those measurements my way as well?

Sure! I have a trip to Lowes in my future. I'll measure and update.

11 hours ago, ajmckay said:

One nice thing about the tunze scraper is that it's less likely to pick up rocks and scratch the glass.  I almost got this one but at the time there weren't many pictures or videos of the pico one so I opted for the twolittlefishies one.  While tiny I doubt it's nearly as effective as the tunze pico.

The twolittlefishies one is the first one I bought since it was so slim, but it grabbed all the sand! Then I tried the Mag-Float. You're exactly right, the Tunze is perfect for getting down into the sand without picking it up. I also like that it blends with the black background. If the scraper is in the tank I'm more likely to scrape more often.

• 1 month later...
JakeJekel37

I've been running this same tank at work now for about 4 months and just came across your thread. Been wanting a media basket for it, and this will work just fine as a holder for some floss. THANK YOU! 

• Like 1