Pod Your Reef

rsucre

Hi.

I got this lovely chalice frag and I would like to ID it.  The piece is about half the size of my hand, so it is a nice chunk.  Right how it is on the sandbed.  My tank is a 20 gallon nano, so I would like some feedback about placement, specially about compatibility, because it will be hard isolating it.  I will have to place it near something else.

IMG_5323.thumb.JPG.32b02b586de13ad9609951adbd7dd766.JPG

IMG_5636.thumb.JPG.e38f195878b5c6722e6a591f9813e756.JPG

35 minutes ago, rsucre said:

Hi.

I got this lovely chalice frag and I would like to ID it.  The piece is about half the size of my hand, so it is a nice chunk.  Right how it is on the sandbed.  My tank is a 20 gallon nano, so I would like some feedback about placement, specially about compatibility, because it will be hard isolating it.  I will have to place it near something else.

IMG_5323.thumb.JPG.32b02b586de13ad9609951adbd7dd766.JPG

IMG_5636.thumb.JPG.e38f195878b5c6722e6a591f9813e756.JPG

Chalices are mean.  Be careful.  

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Chalices are mean.  Be careful.  

Thanks for the advise.  For now, I placed it over a small rock and plan to leave it separated from other corals on the sandbed.  Still not glued, but if convinced of leaving it there, will epoxy it to the rock.  The adjacent hammer will be moved.  

Also, the chalice has a head without skin.  Apparently, got stung by a torch coral in its previous tank.  Do you think it will regrow skin over there.

See the attached pic.  Thanks in advance.

IMG_3509.thumb.JPG.d2485284244ce23fe1b5cb5df9b80d1f.JPG

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, rsucre said:

Thanks for the advise.  For now, I placed it over a small rock and plan to leave it separated from other corals on the sandbed.  Still not glued, but if convinced of leaving it there, will epoxy it to the rock.  The adjacent hammer will be moved.  

Also, the chalice has a head without skin.  Apparently, got stung by a torch coral in its previous tank.  Do you think it will regrow skin over there.

See the attached pic.  Thanks in advance.

IMG_3509.thumb.JPG.d2485284244ce23fe1b5cb5df9b80d1f.JPG

Not sure about the missing skin but it should be ok. 

I would definitely move that hammer and just see how it does.  The flow direction will also help determine who it can and can't reach.  

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
50 minutes ago, rsucre said:

Thanks Tilton.  I will take a look on the web.

Yeah, it looks like that to me but I see the purple in there.  That might actually be a little browned out and could turn completely green.

• Like 1