Cultivated Reef

NEW @ MD: NanoBox Reef Lights

Marine Depot

18 minutes ago, TILTON said:

Spotted this a few days ago.  

We actually had to delay the official launch a few days. But it's been kinda neat because shoppers started discovering NanoBox anyway even before the pomp and circumstance of marketing began. :happydance:

• Like 3
Thrassian Atoll
42 minutes ago, Marine Depot said:

We actually had to delay the official launch a few days. But it's been kinda neat because shoppers started discovering NanoBox anyway even before the pomp and circumstance of marketing began. :happydance:

Yeah, I asked @DaveFason how long they had been up.  Looks like I spotted them on a Monday. IMG_1269.thumb.PNG.d52101b3ca0c3a985bf5db39b49548cc.PNG

• Like 1

Steve makes your water the wettest it can be and Dave makes your corals glow. :)

my $0.02

No optics, new mint LED means you don't need white, mounting options are included, and looks sleek. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Noinoi24 said:

would this be better option than AI Prime for a FLuval Sea Evo 13? I did see this around Monday too! congrats!

They are really both great lights.

I LOVE my nanobox, and with the longer gooseneck it will pair great with that tank.  

I personally liked the the mounting options of the nanobox better, that and Dave being so awesome to work with when i had questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Noinoi24 said:

would this be better option than AI Prime for a FLuval Sea Evo 13? I did see this around Monday too! congrats!

You'd get the most coverage by hanging a Reef Duo Plus M over your little peninsula-style tank. I noticed Dave put a gooseneck on the side of a Duo on his Instagram page, so custom ordering directly from NanoBox may be your best option.

Although I assume you are asking about the Mini Tide Plus M which is more comparably priced with the Prime HD. We would recommend the 15" gooseneck in that case.

We had a Prime and a Mini handy so I took pictures of the tops and bottoms of each light so you could compare.

hT4WkJzCSUDlw-QQyytLh5vdGFQdaDG4tB1haE7N

fI6fTa52LqaPpd3ta6xi3CEplDTV3-VC4hL6gpjU

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Marine Depot said:

You'd get the most coverage by hanging a Reef Duo Plus M over your little peninsula-style tank. I noticed Dave put a gooseneck on the side of a Duo on his Instagram page, so custom ordering directly from NanoBox may be your best option.

Although I assume you are asking about the Mini Tide Plus M which is more comparably priced with the Prime HD. We would recommend the 15" gooseneck in that case.

We had a Prime and a Mini handy so I took pictures of the tops and bottoms of each light so you could compare.

hT4WkJzCSUDlw-QQyytLh5vdGFQdaDG4tB1haE7N

fI6fTa52LqaPpd3ta6xi3CEplDTV3-VC4hL6gpjU

Thanks! The plan is to grow corals, and to really make it stand out. Light design will be a plus as well.  And  why the 15" I may ask?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Noinoi24 said:

Thanks! The plan is to grow corals, and to really make it stand out. Light design will be a plus as well.  And  why the 15" I may ask?

We figure if you are opting for a NanoBox Mini then using the longer gooseneck will give more spread and opportunity to illuminate your 22" long tank to your liking. These new peninsula-style tanks makes lighting them a bit more challenging than a typical aquarium. I think of the lights discussed here today, the Duo remains your best option for complete coverage, either hung or built custom by NanoBox with a shorter gooseneck on the side. All of the aforementioned lights are attractive and will grow corals. I would consider the features to be comparable with each light having nuances that make it special. Like @Boggers mentioned, with NanoBox you are getting no optics (many prefer this; a lot of things in this hobby come down to personal preference), new mint LEDs, and the mounting options are included. They are very compact and have a customizable lid system. The Prime HD comes from an industry leader, so there is kind of a built-in trust factor there. They also use "HyperDrive" power which is pretty cool and efficient. A hanging kit and/or tank mount will not be included with the fixture.

A lot of similarities, too. Both have an attractive form factor, both are compact, both offer robust wireless control via iOS/Android apps, both are made in the USA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Recommended Discussions