SaltCritters.com

What lps grow on vertical rock?

Csalt

• 2 weeks later...

There is an awesome research article about cave dwelling corals on the great barrier reef. Tons of stuff will grow on a vertical rock face, this is what I'm doing in my current pico. If your rock face doesn't get a ton of light, many chalice corals, leptoseris, stylocoenellia, psammacora and others would like it there. And that's just the hard corals. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.int-res.com/articles/meps/10/m010p173.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwi31o393bLWAhVFwiYKHe2_BIYQFggvMAI&usg=AFQjCNGwjhAeJW9wrESfGkVsVSXDRKcd9w

On 9/20/2017 at 1:14 PM, flatlandreefer said:

Is it up against a tank wall or just vertical and shaded? 

Vertical and shaded. Ordered a frag pack from Ebay a couple weeks ago. $99 for 9 frags shipped. Going to go lps. I have bad luck with sps. Took the pic the day after adding them. The goniopora has good extension now. 

FwiJk1q.jpg

20 hours ago, Lugmos12 said:

green it’s so pretty i want more lol

0D27F42F-C0D1-4536-B753-E8B398E30F58.jpeg

Do it!!!!  As a heads up, I've learned that the red or pink varieties are more aggressive.  They will attack their neighbors.  But the green and turquoise shaded ones are perfectly pleasant corals :).

• Wow 1
fishkeepersaltnfresh

I just got another pound of dry rock. It is a flat rock which I was planning to mount vertically (haven't envisioned the final layout). I have a Candy cane which has 3 heads on 3 different branches. They are currently resting on the sandbed. I will frag the smallest branch and mount it on the vertical rock. Will keep you posted (if I am successful).