Coral Vue Hydros

20G high. First nano.

Martin Riggs

I always had a interest of small reef tanks but got my foot wet first with a 55G. Once I felt confident that reefing was not a daunting task I've decided to do this 20 high.  Had some spare equipment and got my hands on some free live rock from a tank leak from a local club member.  Launched on 8/19/17.  Only thing I'm missing is a light but as of right now I had no plans for coral. Just waiting for a cheap light to pop up. Stocking is gonna be a pair of flurry clowns, a clown goby and try a crab this time around. I'm lacking test equipment to see where my cycle is but last time I checked my nitrates were in the 50 to 100 ppm range. Thoughts and opinions welcomed. 

IMG_0384.JPG

Really like your scape!  Make sure you epoxy/super glue those rocks together so they don't come down on top of any live stock.

What are your ammonia/nitrite levels?  

Loved my 20H....miss it so.....(tank cracked on me) .

I use a Prime HD for lighting, with the 18" arm mounted side ways. I did not have the space behind the tank to mount it on the rear wall. I use the light on my new tank. 

You tank looks nice, love the scape. Give you some space up top for some higher light corals. 

IMG_5787-800x600.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...